• This topic has 333 replies, 87 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grum.
Viewing 14 posts - 321 through 334 (of 334 total)
  • What new 'enduro' bike?
  • fuch
    Free Member

Grum I can understand a fee of some sorts but £80 or €80 a pop!!?…..can’t you just wink at the next rider you see on a YT and complement him on his great riding skills and then go in for the kill and ask him what size he is & for a ride!!

grum
    Free Member

Indeed. I knew about the initial 80 euro fee for paying on CC (which I already thought was a bit steep) but then didn’t think I was going to get stung for another £80 by my CC company, then the same again for the refund, then the same again by the CC company if I wanted to re-order the right size on CC (and still get charged the original 80 euro fee from YT again)!!

grum
    Free Member

Also, it’s only a very minor thing but YT’s prices don’t include a box, which is another 20 euros (on top of the shipping cost of 60 euros). You’d kinda think the bike box would be included in the price wouldn’t you.

Trimix
    Free Member

The CC company will have charged YT to give them the Euros, then probably charged them to take them back again. So YT are just passing the cost on.

CC company is having a laugh really and is taking the piss.

Use a bank transfer in Euros, or as others have mentioned above a Euro transfer company.

Northwind

Not sure it’s the bank’s fault. Certainly it’s totally avoidable if YT weren’t pissing about insisting on cancellation and reordering so that’s all kind of moot.

Marin
    Free Member

Orange 5. Great for hooning all day in Alps at bikeparks or natural trails and great fun here in the UK as well. Climbs and descends great. Only other Orange riders will agree with this though everyone else will hate you.

deviant
    Free Member

Devil’s advocate mode….all this could’ve been avoided if you’d bought the right sized bike instead of following current trends and forum wisdom of buying the largest frame you can possibly stretch yourself onto.

(runs for cover)….

riklegge

Grum, where are you based? Small Capra here you can try…(Huddersfield area).

stevedoc
    Free Member

Grum I have a Whyte g150 and love it , I have a five rs spec and its my best friend , but the Capra looks amazing ,two friends ride them and they always have a smile on their faces not many bikes out there that look that good , go with the heart not your head , get it bought 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Devil’s advocate mode….all this could’ve been avoided if you’d bought the right sized bike instead of following current trends and forum wisdom of buying the largest frame you can possibly stretch yourself onto.

Could be but there seem to be very very few people out there who’ve actually ridden Capras who think a small would be a good idea for me.

Grum I have a Whyte g150 and love it , I have a five rs spec and its my best friend , but the Capra looks amazing ,two friends ride them and they always have a smile on their faces not many bikes out there that look that good , go with the heart not your head , get it bought

Cheers stevedore. It’s only money eh? 🙂

riklegge – I’m in Hebden Bridge so not too far. I think I’m going to get to swing a leg over one on Thursday but if that falls through I’ll give you a shout. Appreciated.

kimbers

But deviant, he didn’t go with forum advice and bought a small , if he’d been going on geometron trends he would’ve Infact bought the large.
    Ultimately with a direct sales brand based on Germany he doesn’t have much choice other than to listen to the forum experts 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Thats a bit crap grum.

I’ll sell you a 16″ 26″ wheeled Five frame if you want 😉

grum
    Free Member

I’ll sell you a 16″ 26″ wheeled Five frame if you want

For the price of the £200 I’ve hopefully had refunded? Deal.

Ultimately with a direct sales brand based on Germany he doesn’t have much choice other than to listen to the forum experts

Hopefully I’ll have had a chance to swing a leg over a medium AL one by tomorrow.

grum
    Free Member

Just thought I’d update – got my Capra now (CF Pro LE). I don’t seem to have had to pay back the credit card fees I mentioned earlier for ordering then cancelling the small so fingers crossed I won’t. I paid about £2650 via transfer wise all in (inc a spare mech hanger).

Only been on a quick test ride on a very familiar local trail so far…

Medium sizing feels spot on to me so thanks to those that told me not to get the small! The sizing is a bit odd though – with the 150mm reverb I have to have it pretty much down all the way in the seat tube to get a good pedalling height, but the cockpit still feels small-ish and would feel pretty tiny if I was much taller, IMO. For me though it feels great – really easy to move my weight around and get right behind the saddle if needed but not too short when sat up pedalling.

I know ‘new-bike-itis’ etc but it feels like a huge leap forward from my old bike, which I guess it should be. I’ve been riding a Pitch with 36 Vans and coil shock which feels great on descents but is on the verge of being too big for me (medium size) and pretty heavy. Also no lockout/compression on the fork or shock which I now have on the Capra. Where the Pitch will just blunder through everything the Capra seems a lot more lively/poppy – really nice to jump/bunnyhop.

I will admit it doesn’t feel quite as light as I thought it might when picking it up (though still a lot lighter than the Pitch) but it ‘rides light’. It actually climbs amazingly well IMO – I assumed it would be good downhill but was quite surprised how spritely it feels going up steep, techy-ish climbs.

Tubeless set up on one wheel was dead easy with a track pump as the rims are already taped though needed e13 tubeless valves (not supplied) – for some reason the other was a massive PITA and I had to resort to going to the bike shop and using their compressor.

Gears were all indexed perfectly and the Guide brakes seem at least as good as the Formula The Ones on my old bike (which I found miles better than any XT or Hopes I’ve tried).

So yeah – take it all with a pinch of salt if you like but so far I’m really impressed. Excited to take it to a bike park and on a proper mountain ride. Still need to have a play with the suspension settings: rebound/low speed compression/tokens etc

It also looks sexy as hell by the way! Will post some pics at some point. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 321 through 334 (of 334 total)

The topic ‘What new 'enduro' bike?’ is closed to new replies.