Viewing 31 posts - 201 through 231 (of 231 total)
  • What new bike with t’missus money?
  • leffeboy

It has actually come with a colour matched rigid fork

the carbon one? They are very nice. You might actually enjoy it for the full old skool vibe

tjagain

No its a steel surly fork I thin with 9 million attachment points on it.  I doubt i will ever use it

tjagain

sorry elshalimo – my phone appears to be incapable of taking closeups of the welds

ElShalimo

No problem

tjagain

the raw frame one on the previous page you should be able to zoom in if you really need to!

I still cannot get over how deep and lovely the paint is – to the point you can feel it – it doesn’t feel like a steel tube.  IIRC two undercoats, two top coats, two layers of lacquer rubbed down between each coat and finally its buffed

molgrips
    Free Member

too difficult / time consuming / expensive to do and almost impossible to get the right standard of finish apparently

I think there are people who do this no?

tjagain

Shand said that they didn’t want to because the time it would need to get to the standard of finish that they would find acceptable makes it cost prohibitive.  Sure folks will paint for lowers for you but to show standards?  Its hard to describe just how lovely the paintwork is.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I think there are people who do this no?

Not going to be easy to get an exact match at this stage if the batch has already been used.

tjagain

Paint should be no issue as its a stock colour from a maker of motorcycle paints.  However while it would be nice its not worth a minimum of a  couple of hundred pounds with a likelihood the finish still will not be up to the standard of the rest of the bike.   This is show quality paint

ElShalimo

The paint is beautiful!!. Here in all it’s glory (I follow Shand on Instagram)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYzXiOiMxhE/?utm_medium=copy_link

leffeboy

ah, beat me to it.  Those photos are much nicer

MoreCashThanDash

Just popped up on Shands Facebook feed as well. 👍

tjagain

Better pics for sure – but its more claret / burgundy in colour than it looks in those – although it changes hugely depending on the light

tjagain

Now with full mudguards and a comfy saddle, stem flipped and bars and grips sorted.  the gear cables are going to be redone with a gadget rohloff makes that turns the cables 90degrees at the shifter end.  No traffic cones tho – I just couldn’t do it

The paint colour changes hugely in the light – looks almost pinkish in the sunshine but almost purple in dim indirect light

rides so nicely as well and is really comfy  *does the happy dance again*

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mXHgYi]20220117_135146[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mXCqTJ]20220117_135153[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mXHQkK]20220117_135202[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

Oh yes. That will do. 👌

seventy

the gear cables are going to be redone with a gadget rohloff makes that turns the cables 90degrees at the shifter end

I wouldn’t bother with those if it was mine. The noodles used to be supplied with the hubs direct from Rohloff but they stopped after a while. They were super-soft and easily damaged because of where they were located. Actually made things worse most of the time. On a bike with bars like that, you shouldn’t have to do anything to get a nice cable run.  Looking at those pictures, I’m not sure why the cables were left so long. Shorter cables and the shifter rotated round should sort things out. Bear in mind, shortening the cables on the Rohloff isn’t quite as straightforward as it seems. Be patient and set aside some time. Also, make sure you read the manual as the relationship between the length of the outer and the length of the inner is pretty important.

tjagain

Ta – I have a set of the rohloff noodle things but was just talking to a bike shop owner that used v brake noodles.  Certainly rotating the shifter will help as well – and I have cabled rohloffs before

Ta

squirrelking
    Free Member

the gear cables are going to be redone with a gadget rohloff makes that turns the cables 90degrees at the shifter end.

Would a Rollamajig work (the above advice not withstanding)?

I got one for my Pitch from here, been brilliant.

leffeboy

Ah those pics are much better and with the stem flipped it is now looking super.

bentudder

The last thing my ex gave me was a Race Face headset. She died ten years ago, long after we broke up. I move the top cap from that headset to whichever bike I’m riding the most at the moment so she gets to go out for some good rides. That seat tube badge is beautiful, and it made me blub. Good for you, TJ. That’s a smashing bike.

stwhannah

It’s very lovely, and interesting too – I saw it on the Shand instagram earlier and shared it around the STW staff! I wonder if you’d like to give it the front page treatment and tell the story behind it and your choices? There’s a ‘Readers’ Rides’ form to help capture the key info:

https://form.asana.com/?k=Qz1S6ibQTvMWWrxM4Q4J0A&d=1121725724315322

You and this bike are special though, so you can email me directly as many pics and words as you like (the form deliberately restricts the number of pics so I don’t get lots of pics of bikes I’ll never feature!) – I recommend WeTransfer for free sending of many files. And if you stand back just far enough to fit the whole bike in while holding the camera about level with the BB, that’s usually a good angle for showing a bike off.

The rest of you reading this can also use the form to submit pics of your bikes and I might decide they’re interesting enough to feature and ask you for more pics! TJ just gets pre-approved 🙂

tjagain

My mummy says i am special 🙂

Is it really of that much interest?  I have milked it a lot on here 🙂

Can do if you want tho

bentudder

Is it really of that much interest?

Yes, yes it is.

tjagain

Pm sent Hannah

Sandwich

Garden bike racks need painting and bins don’ts line up properly. 🙂

TiRed

Lovely bike. Will look even better with the rigid forks and a nice Brooks saddle. Silver finishing is very classic and it needs to make you smile.

integra

Such a lovely bike, very happy for you tj.

tjagain

Brooks saddle – my arse!

northernmatt

That’s a lovely bike TJ. Colour, spec, and finishing kit is spot on.

TiRed

B17. Had one on the single speed until it was stolen. Either your arse or the saddle will succumb and then it will then be perfect. Or buy a used one that’s had the hard work outsourced. Honey brown and silver, mmmm.

tjagain

its only retro looking not old fashioned 🙂  brooks saddles are instruments of torture

Viewing 31 posts - 201 through 231 (of 231 total)

The topic ‘What new bike with t’missus money?’ is closed to new replies.