Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 231 total)
  • What new bike with t’missus money?
  • MoreCashThanDash

That’s absolutely lovely, and so much more than a bike.

csb

That is lovely Sir. Love the silver and maroon. And the badge is spot on.

ahsat

Very cool. The badge is perfect.

andy4d

You were worried going through wester hailes…..

Oh how I would of liked to see a scrote  try and take that beauty away from you. Love the bike it’s a cracker (as is the map, I might steal that idea)

tjagain

I have all of Europe at 1: 3 000 000 on another wall and the whole  world on a third

boriselbrus
    Free Member

That seat tube badge. Oh man.

The forum has never needed a “like” button more.

tjagain

Today has been the best day I have had for what seems like a long time.  You guys added to it.  i was actually laughing walking from the train station to Shand reading the comments.  I love that the wee badge has gone down so well as well.  I really was not sure.

Ta for that.

Futureboy77
    Free Member

Lovely bike TJ and the ST badge is a nice touch.

Here’s to many happy miles on it.

leffeboy

Badge is perfect + lovely colour

What are the cranks?

tjagain

middleburn

duckman

Lovely colour TJ, now away and put some miles on it.

LAT

lovely. i have always had a soft spot for silver wheels and finishing kit. a beautiful memorial. i hope it brings you a lot of joy.

P20

Nice. Enjoy

BadlyWiredDog

It is a very lovely bike. I wish you many very happy adventures with it. Have fun 🙂

jaminb
    Free Member

Lovely bike TJ. That first scratch is going to hurt even more than they normally do. Enjoy your adventures.

sadexpunk

thats lovely teej. bikes not too shabby but the badge is the best bit.

thats going to give you many miles and smiles.

Sandwich

That was well worth the wait. The seat tube dedication is *chef’s kiss*.

blitz

Lovely bike and the badge is a class touch

sc-xc

It’s beautiful, and like everyone else I choked up a but when I saw the badge – a lovely touch.

soobalias
    Free Member

fantastic – here’s to you TJ.

filks

Brilliant. Enjoy

tjagain

Only one complaint about the silver rims and no other criticism?  Standards are slipping around here  🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

valves and logos, how many spacers, when are you going to tidy up that coax cable?

you already pre-defended yourself on the cables, stem, saddle

tthew

Nailed it. 👍

big_scot_nanny

Looks great TJ, get out there and enjoy it!

BigJohn

That badge!
    What’s this running down my cheek?

garethjw

Great finish on that bike. Hope you have many good times on it. I’m not crying, YOU’RE crying.

slowol

That is a very very very nice bike. Everything a custom bike should be and that colour is incredible. Enjoy the ride …

Sandwich

Only one complaint about the silver rims and no other criticism? Standards are slipping around here

Picture taken inside not in the garden. Otherwise we would have ripped into patio, grass, weeds and fencing.

nickc

The frame badge is a lovely touch. I’m really pleased it’s come out the way you wanted TJ, you must be chuffed.

shermer75
    Free Member

That’s a lovely bike TJ. Like everyone else I’m welling up a bit too

sandboy

Lovely bike TJ and the badge makes it that much more special. You’ve done her proud!

ElShalimo

Is now the time to mention the hideous silver rims?

Asking for a friend

😜

tjagain

No – but having put mudguard on it i want to cry – the mudhugger rear looks hideous 🙁

silver rims are beautiful

ElShalimo

When you get a bit of time can you post some photos of the frame and the welds so we can salivate some more?

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s very you!

Have you considered getting it covered with an invisiframe kit to keep it looking lovely for a long time? Especially if you plan to use bikepacking bags? The guys at Pedals do it to an exceptional standard. You’d never know it was there.

I find it hard to believe you rode it from Shand’s workshop to yours on the canal and it’s still that clean.

tjagain

I washed it in the bath when I got home before I took pictures

NO bikepacking bags for at least the first year to keep it shiny.  My touring will be done with a trailer for this very reason

I was tempted to get the trailer colour matched

tjagain

For elshalimo

My frame before painting and before any cleaning up of the welds.  I don’t know how much they clean them up.  I’ll take some closeups of the frame later ontoday

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mXtAkt]20211028_110118[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

The frame is not finished at this point

One of the details I really like is all the threaded bosses are actually welded in- not rivnuts

squirrelking
    Free Member

That’s lovely, very old school vibe to it, I’d say the forks almost ruin it! (there you go, someone had to be controversial). Not sure what else you could do though other than going full Dangerholm and stripping and polishing them or spending more on a polished Intend Hero. But it’s a lovely bike for sure, the seat tube is brillant.

NO bikepacking bags for at least the first year to keep it shiny

Not even a wee Carradice saddle pack? Surely no self respecting gentleman tourer would be without one?

OS 1:250000 they dont do it as a flat or that edition any more

A map maker would do it, we have one local but as mentioned it wouldn’t be cheap. Have fancied it myself, good to see how big it would end up.

tjagain

I tried to fit my little ortleib saddle bag last night – incompatible with the saddle I put on it – bah!  But a Carradice longflap camper might look cool 🙂

I agree about the forks – It has actually come with a colour matched rigid fork.  I tried to persuade them to colour match the lowers on the sus fork but they wouldn’t – too difficult / time consuming / expensive to do and almost impossible to get the right standard of finish apparently

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 231 total)

The topic ‘What new bike with t’missus money?’ is closed to new replies.