Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 231 total)
  • What new bike with t’missus money?
  • tjagain

Moley – its a really posh paint job – far nicer than powder coat and tougher than usual bike paintjobs

molgrips
    Free Member

Paint is always less durable than powder coat even though it’s a nicer finish. That’s why powder coat was invented.

matt_outandabout

Matt, that definitely losses points for close but not matching fork.

I hadn’t noticed, but now you say it I cannot unsee it… Different basecoat over the carbon perhaps?

StuF

Could you get an ‘unpainted’ frame and send it to somewhere like https://fatcreations.com/ to get a really special paint job.

His paint work is amazing, I’d love to be in a position to have a bike that justified it.

tjagain

Ok – almost sorted the spec out – the only question someone here might know the answer for is about forks – is it worth £300 extra for a cane creek helm mark 2 or is the rockshox recon OK? Paying a huge amount for this bike so the extra money is no issue but I know nothing about cane creek forks.

thoughts?

jimmy

A pal just got Helms as a free upgrade on his Sonder because the RockShox Pikes were delayed. All I can say is, the helms are super plush.

scotroutes

For your projected use I’d suggest the Helms are overkill. Of course it’s up to you whether or not you want to splash the additional dosh.

tjagain

Ta

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’d get the Helms. No point cost cutting in this situation and why spoil a dream bike with cheap forks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah there’s only so much fork you need, especially on a bike with a 69 degree HA. On the other hand, for me on that bike it woudl depend on what lockout options are available. RS forks don’t really lock out IME so you lose the nice rigid bike feel.

Also the CC site says they are on back order.

moonsaballoon

Any chance of getting one of the new sid’s ? A bike like that deserves a nice fork and the sids are meant to be pretty good , as are the helms but I believe a bit more fiddly to set up .

mrhoppy

I’d be looking for something better than a recon, at 120mm and what you’ve described, probably Sids.

ElShalimo

@tjagain – have you got it yet?

matt_outandabout

Bump again – when’s the delivery date @tjagain ?

qwerty
    Free Member

Re: Forks, I assume this is a 29er…

RS offer the Pike & SID in 120mm versions both with 35mm stanchions.

Pikes come in 42mm or 51mm offset, SIDS in 44mm.

The new SID do lock out, very firmly, they have rebound but no compression adjustment but work very well without it, getting the last 10mm of travel out of them is extraordinarily difficult due to the bottom out bumper, the Ultimate is 1500g which is damn light. There are reports of them having premature bushing play so having a warranty is a good idea.

tjagain

Due any day now – its been painted so almost there.  I told them not to rush it for christmas

csb

Excited for you tj. Pics when it arrives.

matt_outandabout

Pics indeed required.

Also a ride out when this damn peak of infections is over.

duckman

I am SO hoping it is a cut and shut job done on one of “those infernal contraptions.” As Hitler described his tandem.

tjagain

Excited for you tj. Pics when it arrives.

I will – I expect however it will “divide opinions” 🙂

Lolz@duckman

avdave2

I expect however it will “divide opinions”

You’ve never divided opinion tj, everyone disagrees with you! 🙂

And of course all that will ever matter is what you think of it and who you’ll be thinking of when you ride it. I hope every mile on it will be special.

duckman

We all have bikes that are “just right” for no obvious reason, that we look forward to rising. I hope this is yours Jeremy, for very obvious reasons.

leffeboy

aaaaaaargggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

we just need the picture.  we need to know

ElShalimo

I’m hoping the paint job is a homage to 70s Irn Bru

ElShalimo

????

tjagain

I pick it up today.  Get the train to shand and ride it back!  Then of course it will need to be customised again in a TJ stylee. 🙂

For the first time in almost  year I  actually got excited when the phone call came.  I did the happy dance around the flat

sc-xc

For the first time in almost year I actually got excited when the phone call came. I did the happy dance around the flat

👍 Looking forward to seeing it, enjoy the first ride!

towpathman

Enjoy the first ride TJ!

rickmeister

This is going to be a good day!
    Pitchers please (and no helmets….)

tjagain

I have to wait until this afternoon tho.  the temptation to be waiting outside the workshop when they open is huge.

I knew when I ordered it months ago that it would be good to have something to look forward to and also this bike is to replace the tandem we were going to tour on.  I really had forgotton what it felt like to be excited about something.  I am so glad I did it.  How I feel today is worth allthat money!

MoreCashThanDash

I did the happy dance

I’m doing my own little happy dance for you as well. Can’t wait to see pics. Still regret not getting a Stooshie when it was on my shortlist.

ElShalimo

👍

matt_outandabout

I’m genuinely interested in seeing this bike, it is so similar to what I would want to buy..

Enjoy the collection and ride home TJ 👍

LAT

new bikes are great. have fun.

i’m looking forward to seeing some pictures.

leffeboy

still no photo? 🙁

scotroutes

He is on his way to get it.

matt_outandabout

Leisurely eggs benedict lunch on the way home….

Dickyboy

What a lovely day to collect and ride your new bike TJ, well its lovely down south, hope its the same with you.

tjagain

On the train to uphall right now!  Just getting off.

ElShalimo

following Livestream TJ new bike day…. much better than working !

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 231 total)

The topic ‘What new bike with t’missus money?’ is closed to new replies.