Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What net book? Not Apple ipad
  • Rik
    Free Member

Need a bit of advice on net books.
    Want a netbook with a long battery life for traveling. Storing photos, watching mp4 video coversions of mtb vids. Flashgot and the like and surfing the net. And hopefully not to expensive.
    Was looking forward to the Apple Ipad and i could cope with paying a small premium for an apple. It looks nice size and weight is low, the the storage is awful apart from the top model but i have ruled it out completely due to no usb or sd reader.

Recommendations for other net books and views greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mounty_73

I have bought several Samsung N130 and Acer Aspire One D250 …both very good especially the Samsung.

Both around 200 quid.

GrahamS

We've got the Samsung N110 which is a good wee device.

Good screen, nice usable keyboard and 8 hours battery life.
    But it's a year old so there might be better out there now.

Some things to bear in mind:
    – most netbooks are 1024×600 screens so possibly not great for movies.
    – most netbooks don't have optical drives in them so not ideal if you were planning to watch DVDs.
    – Windows 7 is out now and is supposed to be good on netbooks.
    – solid state drives are a lot faster, quieter and more durable (but you'll be stuck with sizes like the iPad)

Rik
    Free Member

thanks

I had heard the samsung were good for battery life as thats massively important.

Not fussed about optical drive as i have every film converted to mp4. So more bothered that the netbook has enough power to show full screen video.

Whats the difference between the samsung models nc10, n130 etc.

Rik
    Free Member

Any other views, advice or recommended models?

Pyro

I use an NC10 for work. Upgraded memory on it (3gb) and running Windows 7 and it's absolutely great. Not sure what the differences between the models are, but I like the one I've got.

molgrips
    Free Member

You can often get a second battery. I've got a 13" laptop with a still pretty small extended battery that gives 6 hours of life.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What net book? Not Apple ipad’ is closed to new replies.