Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What Multitool?
  • xcpootler
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new multitool after my trusty Park allen key set fell out of my pack the other day. No particular requirements, other than that it’s mainly going to be for use with the gravel/road bike. I’m slightly overwhelmed by the choice on the market, so would be good to hear what everyone else using…?

supernova
    ajantom

Blackburn Big Switch.
    Very well made, useful range of tools/bits, inc chain tool. Comes in a handy wallet with a credit card/id pocket.

joebristol

I like the Topeak Hexus X. I got one for each bike bag – £12.95 online and it has virtually everything I could need on it for a low price and it’s pretty slimline.

Chain took / 2 tyre levers / various Allen keys and torx bolts, spoke key, tubeless valve key etc etc

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Big bike – Topeak Hexus
    Gnarmac bike – Teeny little Birzman thingy, and a SWAT chain tool in the top cap.

tall_martin

+1 on the crank brothers. I have one for each of my bikes 🙂

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

+1 for the Crank bro’s multi tool.
    I have the F15. It has a bottle opener 👍

tjagain

I have a topeak alien very good quality and the chaintool is better than most stand alone chaintools. Heavy tho

bruneep

Have a selection of multi tools in tool chest unused, carry oneup EDC now

johnhe

Crank Bros for me. I’ve had one for years. Decades in fact. Great wee multi tool.

jairaj

Anyone tried one of the mini ratcheting type ones?

frankconway

Brooks MT10 or its big brother the MT21.

el_boufador

Another vote for topeak hexus

lotto
    Free Member

Lezyne Blox 23.

modchop
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus X for me, does everything I need in a relatively small package.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I’ve got a Crank brothers but I think I prefer my Pedros ICM.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

There was a write-up in issue 130 about multi-tools. I bought mine on the back of it.

Murray
    joshvegas
    Free Member

Anyone tried one of the mini ratcheting type ones?

Yep. Topeak rocket ratchet i’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned before now.

Its superb like superb as workshop tool let alone the fact its slim and easy to carry.

akira

Yup rocket ratchet for me as well. Nice to use and compact, will buy more to put in all bags, seatpacks eventually.

P20

I really like the Birzman mutlitools. Nicely made

hatter

PB Swiss PB470 with a few bits swapped out for what I need and a Park Tool CT-5 or CT-6.3 chain tool.

Have yet to find an integrated multitool chaintool that actually works well, the Park seperates work so much better and are pretty inoffensive to carry.

jairaj

thank you joshvegas and Akira.

Just watched a couple vids on the Topeak Rocket ratchet. Either everyone on Youtube has huge hands or its a lot smaller than the photos make it look. 😄

Think thats convinced me to get one!

CraigW
    Free Member

The Giant Ratchet Multi Tool is a cheaper and simpler option than the Topeak. I have just ordered one.
    https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/giant_ratchet_multi_tool-ID_73535

Speeder

Rocket ratchet +whatever amazing little thing – a shame I’ve lost mine in the house move. Good excuse to buy another. ;o)

bikesandboots

Topeak Mini P20. Has a quicklink splitter and short locking knife.

xcpootler
    Free Member

Thanks, everyone – plenty of suggestions there I hadn’t even heard about. Rocket ratchet looks really good, but couldn’t see past the price or the Hexus in the end, which I picked up for £17 in Halfords.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What Multitool?’ is closed to new replies.