Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What mudguards for a road bike.
  • neilforrow

For my commute to work. bike is a spech allez comp

Heard good things about SKS race blades but they look like they dont fully cover the wheel

any recommendations???

Wooliferkins
    Free Member

They dont and can rattle annoyingly. Crud Roadracer 2s seem the way to go

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Full length ones are much better, IMO.

Either SKS or Gilles Berthoud. 🙂

earbyphil
    Free Member

Another vote for Crud Roadracer2. Easy to fit, no adjusting needed and spare tails when you knock one of trackstanding.

LardLover
    Free Member

Another for the Crud Roadracer2’s. I’ve just upgraded from the MkI’s. The MkII’s are much better, giving loads more coverage. Just make sure you can fit a 4mm allenkey between the rear tyre and frame (under the rear caliper) otherwise you’ll not be able to fit the rear without modifying. Also, no larger than a 24mm tyre.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

SKS full length guards if they will fit. Otherwise probably the crud ones – they look better than raceblades with more coverage

organic355
    Free Member

+1 Crud Roadracer2

Ive got them on my Specialized Roubaix Elite, which is now my commuter. The dont look to bad either.

They may rub with 25c tyres though, so you may need to go 23c.

iainc

I have the Raceblades on 32c tyres on my cx bike (not when riding off road obviously 😆 ) They are better than nothing, but not much. I can’t get full guards on as no eyes on fork, but wish there was a better solution

neilforrow

Thanks for the pearls of wisdom, ordered a set of Crud Roadracer II’s. Will see what they are like later on this week.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, what where they like?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What mudguards for a road bike.’ is closed to new replies.