Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What mud guards for my CX bike?
  • dobo
    Free Member

Its a kinesis crosslight 5 T and will be running landcruisers over winter on and off road so needs clearance for at least 35mm CX tyres

and no i wont be running them when racing so quick to remove would be a nice feature.

bratty

If i am doing proper cx style stuff over the winter, i use crudcatchers front and back.This is ok, but you still get wet feet and muddy grindy gears etc But this winter i am mostly on flat sandy trails with little mud and road, so i am going back to 700×45 sks full guards as the sandy soil here should not clog them too much. They will probably take a bit longer to take off and on though, but should be so much more stable than race guards.

dobo
    Free Member

not so keen on crud catchers but they kinda make sense.
    torn between some zefal croozer/swan which are light and easier to remove and the sks chromoplastic 45mm but they are a little weighty

easy to fit sks 45mm and lightweight guards would be good.

tandemonium
    Free Member

I use SKS race guards on mine. Take a little bit of time to set up right first time on, but after that they are quick & easy to install after that. Use them on 35 racing ralphs, ok for clearance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What mud guards for my CX bike?’ is closed to new replies.