Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What Mountain Bike Kids Special (bit of a rant)
  • daznal
    Free Member

WMB dropped on the mat this morning,despite the increasingly niche price tests”this month we will be testing full sussers priced between £8.50 and £9.25″i usualy look forward to a good toilet reading session but what do i find this month KIDS SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.The words straw and camels back spring to mind.If i wanted a kids special i would have subscribed to mothercare.

Feel a bit better now,cancelled sub scription.

Any better mags out there worthy of my patronage?

nacho
    Free Member

You ask this question on the Singletrack magazine forum?? 😆

daznal
    Free Member

Good point

cookeaa

Any better mags out there worthy of my patronage?

Pretty much anything WMB is yet another future publishing bike comic isn’t it?

obvious answer on here would be ST but maybe its wiser to ask you what sort of MTBing are you into first…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

idiot.

kid’s special sounds like a good idea to me.

Northwind

Kids special sounds like a brilliant idea.

Inexplicably, MBR is getting good. The reviews are still flaky- playing “spot the blatant cheating” on the trailbike of the year is becoming a tradition- but some of the articles are just superb… Guy Martin and Crawfy being the 2 that come to mind. So you might want to try that.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I agree with the OP, 23 pages wasted on kids stuff sucks.

househusband

Have had a sub for MBUK for too long to rememeber – that just summed up why I cancelled it the other night…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

what would you say if they had a “womens-specific” special?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Maybe when you’d finished throwing all your toys out of the pram you might have considered looking at the kids bikes as a future purchase for when you grow up. I cancelled my sub for WhatMTB but it was the inclusion of the same bike round up every month and some pretty dubious reviews that did it for me. I do not however expect a mag to appeal to my niche 100% of the time. Presumably their market research tells them that a lot of parents buy WhatMTB.

PTR
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip, I must get that today. Off to the shops after the school run.

ampthill

I can’t imagine anyone ever thinking a subscription to WMB was a good idea (unless possibly they ran a bike shop). Its a mag about buying bikes isn’t it, its like subscribing to the Argos catalogue

Surely you buy the issues releavant to you

I think that a kids issue sounds like a good idea though.

Subscibe to single track instead. Its about mountainn biking not shoping (well mainly).

poly
    Free Member

I can’t imagine anyone ever thinking a subscription to WMB was a good idea (unless possibly they ran a bike shop). Its a mag about buying bikes isn’t it, its like subscribing to the Argos catalogue

I thought that when I read yesterday’s rant about WMB magazine – then I realised that most people here seem to buy a new bike every few months…

Surely you buy the issues releavant to you

I think that a kids issue sounds like a good idea though.
    Thats what I do. Don’t need a new kids bike right now, but thanks for the heads up I will pop down to the newsagents today and get copy as in a six months time am likely to.

z1ppy

I do & quite happily read them every month, mistakes and all, but then I don’t treat it as a bible, just something about “bikes” to read.
    But then I obviously have a “special” ability which allows me to quite happily skim over the stuff that doesn’t interest me or read about stuff that might not be directly relevent to myself, but if friends ask (say about kids bikes – which they do, as I’m “into” bikes) I can give them a quick overview and point them in a sensible direction.
    It’s popularist magazine, which tries to cover a huge amount of bases, so will never have the latest “gnarrr” bike in every issue, but if that what you ‘want’ then go find something else, as it’s not for you. Ranting that “what mtb” included bikes that don’t suit you is just stupid, as is not “aimed” at one genre of riding but a huge range of riding.

Also the same “kid special” magazine has mentions of the new Boardman carbon HT, a steel Jones, a 29-er Ellsworth, 4 x £500 HT’s (& not the same ones as in any previous editions), 14 wheel sets & lots other bit and pieces kit wise.
    If you take a look at the forum posts, lots of those type of ‘bikes are discussed about on regularly here (shock horror, even kid bikes!). Are you sure this is the right forum for you?

ampthill

The forum is free!

DWH
    Free Member

‘Kids Special’ is a complete waste of space IMO. And WTF is that ‘Mystery Shopper’ thing all about?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I must apologise to the OP for calling them an idiot.

It is merely my opinion (and it seems a shared one) that the OP’s opinion is a little small-minded.

Guess what, there are kids in the world (you used to be one)! Some of them ride bikes! Its good to know what there is for them too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What Mountain Bike Kids Special (bit of a rant)’ is closed to new replies.