Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What mileage app for someone in their 70s?
  • JoeG
    Free Member

My mom and dad are in their 70s and bought a couple of hybrid bikes this fall. They will be riding rails to trails almost exclusively.

Dad got a smartphone bike mount for xmas. I see him using the phone like a regular bike computer; speedometer, odometer, trip miles, etc. And there isn’t a lot of navigation needed on rail trails, so mapping probably won’t be its main use. And I don’t see him becoming a Stravassh*le, but I may be wrong. 😉

So, what android app should he use?

JoeG
    Free Member

Nobody? 😥

onewheelgood

Strava? You don’t have to chase KOMs if you don’t want to.

Or just buy a cheap computer and bin the bike mount.

ninfan
    Free Member

Yeah, unless he wants mapping then Strava has to be the default one for him to go to.

kcal

mileage – Endomondo might be as good, and if has mobile coverage, it allows tracking.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Endomondo

johnnystorm

Strava, he can filter by age then. 😉

mattyfez

I’ve tried most but keep going back to mapmyride.. I just prefer it for some reason.. The GPS still works even with no data signal.. Albeit it’ll look like a blank route until you save it.. But i guess they’d all do that?

I guess the best advice is to try all the usual suspects.. They’ll soon find a preference and You can easily remove them and try another.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes @matty they all work for gps without data as the phones have a gps chip in them. Most also will show maps too if you e preloaded them in the phone cache by scrolling around the ride before you leave when you have wifi/data

velocipede
    Free Member

Definitely Endomondo….. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What mileage app for someone in their 70s?’ is closed to new replies.