Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What Maxxis tyre that is less draggy than a high roller
  • paulwf

I have a pair of 2.35 60a single ply folding High Rollers which I tend to use in the winter and at trail centres.
    I also have a pair of Larsen TTs that I used last summer and loved as it made riding a lot easier, but they were no good once it started to get a little bit muddy.

I am finding the high rollers really draggy and it makes me struggle. I want to replace the rear tyre with something that won’t be too bad in mud, but that isn’t as draggy as the high roller.

Ignitors and advantages seem to be popular, but I am not sure if they would be any better

Any one suggest a tyre (it has to be Maxxis as I like the brands to match 😳 )?

Thanks
    Paul

racing_ralph
    Free Member

advantages, ignitors, crossamrks

goog
    Free Member

2.4 ardent’s are the new bad boys 8)

MrNutt
    Free Member

I used Ignitors last “summer” and only switched over to HR’s when the mud got stupid, I use the LUST ones, that said I don’t think the HR’s are anymore draggy than the Ignitors, think I’ll probably just stick with the HR’s to be honest!

geetee1972
    Free Member

The Ignitors are a good choice; they ‘buzz’ a little on hard pack but they roll well and I think the comparable 2.35 size is lighter than the equivalent High Roller. You can also try the Minnion front on both front and rear; these roll quite well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What Maxxis tyre that is less draggy than a high roller’ is closed to new replies.