Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What makes you want to ride?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Working from home so I want to go for a ride. It is raining though. I still want to go for a ride across the New Forest on my fixie.

I know that if I do I will be on my own. In the cold and wet. Riding no where in particular for no real purpose. Make me wonder why I want to do it. I am not certain myself.

What makes you want to ride when 'sensible' people want to sit by the fire with a cup of tea or a beer?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

At the moment, going somewhere new. 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Where's new?

oopnorth
    Free Member

I would rather be out getting wet on my bike than in this office!

To answer your question, I don`t get chance to ride much due to doing up the house and a toddler to look after, so every hour on the bike is a bonus, rain or shine!

juan
    Free Member

Sensible are boring and usually fat.
    I am neither 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Where's new?

All the forum rides I keep going on. Qs was brilliant last weekend.
    😀

sharki
    Free Member

The Q's are shite, it's the company that makes the ride more specialful.

I too am staring out of the window, contemplating getting wet and out of breath.

I might go for a tug in the shower.

ourmaninthenorth

Keeps me sane. I find riding bikes very calming. Even when battering it.

robdob
    Free Member

My main reason for riding is food. I need to eat food to go riding, and I can eat more once I come back.

I just need to adjust the food:riding ratio slightly. I.e. Less than 90:10.

Burp.

Olly
    Free Member

Dust, anyone? no? Dust

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

sunshine, dry dusty trails, and the lakes all make me want to ride. when the weathers crap, i still go out, and then enjoy lazing on the sofa/being warm/eating when i know i've earnt it, a sort of satisfaction of having gone out when hardly else one has been,

ctznsmith
    Free Member

stress/life

On the bike I'm the one totally in control.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I havnt ridden a bike off-road in over 2 months now 🙁 Not much makes me want to get out….

Kinavit
    Free Member

This:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

fun, endorphins, laughter, good company, scenery & the challenge :o)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

soma-rich – Come out for a night ride with me tonight. I will be riding fixie, you can laugh. There is more to life than shagging your latest squeeze 😉

whytetrash

Cos even when its lashing down it usually brightens up! Did just over 3 hrs tonight bit of drizzle once or twice but mostly dry! ace ride too, mountains to the dunes…I love Wales 😆

Think it was Sean kelly who said you can never really tell how cold and wet it is until you ride in it for a while…by then you are wet any way so may as well stay out!

Northwind

I like riding bikes, therefore I ride bikes.

Hmm. I was hoping for something more profound. But it fits :mrgreen:

jedi

i ride because i love it, just riding down the road to the shops feels sweet

takisawa2

There's a sequence on "Seasons" that I always watch when I need reminding why…
    CLICK & watch from 02m:45s onwards…

Mmmmm.

Muddy@rseTony
    Free Member

Why

– to have the average fitness of somebody 20 year younger than me
    – to go to new places
    – to have something to do in the evenings on week days when away from home
    – the experience of group rides with 20+ puncture stops
    – being able to approach wild deer without them bolting
    – learning new skills in riding, route planning etc
    – being able to eat and drink pretty much what/how much I want
    – to make sure there is no free money left at the end of the month
    – just getting away from the motor car focussed society we have become

Just like ramblers, hill walkers, runners, climbers and other outdoor recreation actives getting out, off road, on a bike is part of living with the natural environment.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Feeling well enough to ride.Most of this year has been a right off due to broken bones and post viral fatigue but now………………………..

😀

votchy
    Free Member

Being injured always makes me want to get out and ride, second set of broken ribs in 12 months for me and also had a shoulder decompression op earlier this year – so want to get back out on the bike 😥

Tracker1972
    Free Member

votchy- snap right now I always want to get out most when I can't either due to time pressures or illness/injury. At least I dislocated my shoulder on the bike (literally seconds after telling myself to MTFU, oh well 🙂 )

toby1

Well it may not be when others don't want to – but cold autumn mornings, with the pure blue sky and freshness in the air, a mishmash of coloured leaves along the road (I've only been roadieing since Marchish I think).

This weekend though I will hopefully be getting out in the mud, now my reasons for wanting to, it's off season so it should be quiet, but mainly it's to go out for a ride with mates!

robgarrioch

Mr @rsetony has pretty much summed it up…
    Keeps you plugged-in to nature / outdoors, & distances you from a society hell-bent on easier, quicker, low quality stack-high sell cheap, more aggression, less consideration ethos.. ethes.. (what's the plural on that?)
    😀

NormalMan

I just hate the dentist and it gives me something to think about when in the dentist chair!

Judging by issue 53 I am not alone 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What makes you want to ride?’ is closed to new replies.