What makes a MTB gal different from other women?

Home Forum Chat Forum What makes a MTB gal different from other women?

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 134 total)
  • What makes a MTB gal different from other women?
  • crikey

Eh?
    Riding a bike doesn’t make you different, you gain no super powers, it’s just riding a bike.

Wired up different? please…

ha ha ….. nowt like thinkin your special.

Nothing at all, it’s just a hobby like any other.

don simon

A mountain bike?

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

I certainly don’t feel any different to other women, I like pink, handbags and cake.

However, I don’t mind going out into the wilds, getting a tad muddy, having my hair blown about and looking like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards, being covered in the odd bruise or riding in winter, when its, cold, wet and miserable.

Also I have this bad habit of seeing trails everywhere, or steps and just wanting to ride down them.

nmdbase

Are you married yet? 😯

nmdbase

Are you married yet? 😯

cranberry

Asking twice looks a little bit desperate.

😆

PJM1974

Calloused palms perhaps?

GJP

A wet dirty bottom perhaps?

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

Chaps – Can I just say that the above comments aren’t doing much to encourage the ladies to join in with STW.

Ducks and runs away.

A willingness to answer the call of nature, in nature…

A better stock of sweets.

iDave

is a ‘gal’ the same as a woman?

Junkyard

what Bunnyhop said + a lot
    OP I think [ stereotypically] female MTB ers probably are a bit different/exceptional or rare just like non testosterone fuelled male MTB ers …both obviously thin on the ground but they are out there.

PJM1974

The girls I bike with are pretty much the same as girls I’ve met elsewhere, but they just happen to like biking. Much like the blokes I’ve cycled with too.

If I were making any recommendation to encourage more women to cycle, I’d simply say that it helps you get fitter, it’s a great way of seeing the outdoors and of course it’s a good way of meeting outdoorsy folk.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Mud in the tops of the ears?

emma82

I’m with bunnyhop I’m afraid. I think I am normal(ish). Most of my female friends think I’m mad though and can’t think of anything worse. I also get funny looks when I don’t spend £100 on new clothes to ‘go out in’ but then spend £60 on shorts or a new helmet. But, I also like handbags, chocolate and wine so it’s all ok 🙂

allthepies

large hands ?

emma82

Teets double post

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Better than average legs. But with more horrible scars.

tazzymtb

VJJ’s like saddle leather from all the battering on bumpy tracks?

PJM1974

VJJs? Oh….hang on….

I recently saw a pix of a lass dress up at a wedding looking fed-up, and not quite like her female counter-parts, with the trail calling, but instead was stuck listening to girly cr@p.

This I soooo… relate too! I’d sooner be eating dirt than wedding cake. I wondered if it’s this just me who thinks we are just wired up different?

P.S If anyone can remember the ad please put up a link, I want to print out a copy 😉

redthunder

It’s cool to be with a MTB Gal 🙂

IMG_3345 by MTB Arena, on Flickr

is a ‘gal’ the same as a woman?

Really? That?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Might I take this moment to plug a girlie biker blog where the author explores this sort of topic? http://www.loulouk.co.uk/

As you were.

jools182

The bike makes them 67.35% more attractive, as proven on Sunday

redthunder

from Cougars link 🙂

higgo

leatherier.

(no bad thing)

large418

I think it’s great that girls want to ride bikes – it’s a bloke dominated thing that should be more equal.
    Not all girls are into pink though – my other half doesn’t do biking, but she does love the outdoors (and that isn’t the bit of pavement between John Lewis and Monsoon).

More girls on the trails is what we need

druidh

More likely to troll on forums perhaps?

theboatman

I think they are more gnarrcore rad to the power of sic.

Nah I understand what you are saying, I don’t love mtbs but don’t have a clue or ever wear make up and certainly never wear heels. My handbag is a howies canvas one and there is nothing I want to do less than shop, i am also not addicted to chocolate to be fair I could leave it out .. but crisp and cheese now you are talking. I have never painted my nails, dislike spa days, beach lying around holidays and seriously can’t stand facials..there you go! Love my MTB and all things sport, outdoors, rucksacks and merrell trainers!!!!

Premier Icon clareymorris
    Subscriber

I’m still trying to find a nail polish that will withstand changing a tube. So far there are none ;-D

Gary_C

Not all girls are into pink though

😯 8)

You’d easily forget the presence of females on STW given the amount of willy waving on forums here!

I think there’s something special about women on bikes, it’s unjustifiably unusual. It can be intimidating entering a sport people are so nerdy about, particularly when it’s male dominated as we tend to bang on about minutia. I’d love MTB to be more inclusive, as rock climbing is becoming.

Recently Mrs Shake started riding, I’m well chuffed. It’s nice following her on the singletrack 😉

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

What’s wrong with taking folk as you find them?

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

What makes a MTB gal different from other women?

Fit women in Lycra, tis a wonderful thing! Should definitely be encouraged! 🙂

d45yth

Ha, My mates think I’m mad as I try to find women into biking…while they, who are married, go biking to get away from their other halves and out of the house! 🙂
    I’d rather be single than have to go shopping and sit about watching tele, getting fat!
    Stay fit and fast!

tazzymtb

or ever wear make up

as an old goth I discovered I know a lot more about wearing make up than most ladies, so it all balances out in the great scheme of things 😆

higgo

What’s wrong with taking folk as you find them?

Nothing much.

tyredbiker

I hate pink and I hate that loads of womens cycling clothing is pink, or lilac, or baby blue.
    Ergh its like barbie vomit.

Turn on/off if the MTB gal is better than you? Had this discussion recently and most said they would feel emasculated …. 😯

nonk

my mrs is fairly quick. if i ride a trail centre on my own i can ride past folk all day long and get nothing but a cheery hello but if my mrs is with me loads of blokes murder themselfs not to get passed. weird.

I’m not too fussed about pink clothing, but I would like to see stuff like a pink Crank Brothers multi tool and a pink Lezyne mini pump – mainly to stop my other half nicking my stuff. As it is I think I’m going to have to invest in some “Hello Kitty” stickers… 😉

_tom_

Lots of girls at the bike park here in Whistler. Not all of them wear pink. Something strangely alluring about girls in body armour and on a big bike 😆

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘What makes a MTB gal different from other women?’ is closed to new replies.