Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • What makes a man?
  • Tinners

Obviously not, it’s Mole Grips FWIW

Oh, no. Now I know that I’ve been spending too long on here. I think you know where that little typo came from……….
    Either that or I’ve got a *shudders* “feminine side”

Drac

Well, I guess at one time, it meant lunch – important to any real man…

Not sure why it would mean lunch but now it means “SPEED BOAT!”

trailmonkey

you understand terms like grub flange

you also find the term grub flange impossible to think of without sniggering

bassspine
    Free Member

gusset, flange, screw, nipple. all sensible engineering words.Nothing funny there. <Muttley>Snehehehe</M>

and I’m afraid I’ve never heard of a grub flange before. A ham flange…..

RustySpanner

Manners. 🙂

LycraLout
    Free Member

A total inability to consider that such a thing as an instruction manual exists

instruction manuals exist so you can tell your less masculinely gifted colleagues to RTFM

project
    Free Member

To accept that other men may sometimes be right,

that women should always be allowed to think theyre right even when theyre wrong,

to listen and accept your mates for what they are, agressive, silly, funny ,depressed, sad, but most of all theyre your mates, and to be there for them.

To challenge your mates about their sexist/homophobic comments,if they dont listen theyre no longer a mate,you need or want.

cinnamon_girl

Go on … tell me. 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

3 simple things:

1) a beard
    2) an automatic respect for men with bigger beards
    3) the secret desire to ride a t-rex through the streets, followed by topless women, whilst waving a hammer-drill in the air.

allthegear
    Free Member

and I thought I was weird!!!

Rachel

molgrips
    Free Member

Obviously not, it’s Mole Grips FWIW

Hey now. I know my self-grip pliers terminology.

Mole grips is a common term yes, however molgrips is also widely used.

retro83
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member
    3 ) the secret desire to ride a t – rex through
    the streets , followed by topless women,
    whilst waving a hammer – drill in the air.
    POSTED 10 HOURS AGO # REPORT –

I think we have a winner.

tazzymtb

surely the definition of man is dependent upon the social context?

In many tribal societies unless you go through the selected rights of passage (scarification without showing signs of pain, kill a lion, circumcision etc..) you can never be considered a man.

Here it seems to be based on other rights of passage. Unless you’ve drunk 10 pints, can watch a football match without falling asleep and go home and beat your wife and then take yourself very seriously as a alpha male, you’re not a man.

or the singletrack right of passage:
    Unless you have ridden at least one of every genre of mountain bike, used mucc-off as aftershave, bivvied under a hedge for month, raced past a roadie on a single speed and then grown a novelty beard or ‘tache and owned someone with bombers you are not a man!

It also seems to differ depending on geographical location. A chap who has a man bag, uses cosmetic products and moisturiser would be excepted as a “man” in London, but would likely be accused of “riding the other bus” if he lived in the midlands.

so in all these instances I don’t qualify, I’ve got tribal scars but never killed a major predator (although I have rubbed the fur the wrong way on a kitten), don’t like football, never owned someone with bombers and I’m not a misogynist.

Guess I’ll just carry on being terribly childish and having a lovely time thanks 😀

stumpynya12
    Free Member

The inability to throw stuff away (especially mtb parts) as “they might just come in for some use one day” even though we removed them because they were about knackerd we still put the parts to one side ?

Morning Taz…

GrahamS

I mean, would a Gay man find a woman’s cleavage impossible to ignore?

IME the gays love a big cleavage – I reckon this is because it looks a bit like an arse 😉
    More bizarrely, women seem to just find it amusing when a gay man fondles them, whereas a straight man would get a slap, quite hard, that caught me just below the eye.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘What makes a man?’ is closed to new replies.