Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • What makes a good looking bike… (thread 76)
  • mick_r

I don’t agree with the top tube-seat tube has to be a straight line thing, especially with huge travel forks. And taking it too far so the top tube is steeper than the seatstays (eg Sick Gnarcissist) just looks like the frame is broken…..

A few days ago this was widely regarded as a stunning bike:

New bike day …. Custom 29Plus

sparksmcguff

Big wheels and a decent paint job

garethjw

Personally, I don’t like a bendy tube, on a FS or an HT. A good few years ago it looked like there was a bendy top tube and down tube on just about everything, like someone had pre-crashed all the bikes into a wall. I’m glad that’s gone away, for the most part, anyway.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    qwerty
    Free Member

ayjaydoubleyou

Lovely lines, I’d like that in a brightly coloured (single colour) frame though. too many variations of silver with the frame, suspension and cranks.

danmac
    Free Member

Im gona throw it out there cause nobody else has yet…

Tanwalls 😏

joebristol

Im gona throw it out there cause nobody else has yet…

Tanwalls

What, as something to avoid doing you mean? 😝

joebristol

Just to add I think there is something in the straight line from top tube to seat stays. Sadly my Marino is slightly off that – I think if I’d made the seat tube slightly longer it could have been a perfect straight line.

Also some of the modern angles on certain bikes (looking at you ‘Hello Dave’) are too much and make bikes look squashed / broken. Usually too steep a seat angle combined with too slack a head angle.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What makes a good looking bike… (thread 76)’ is closed to new replies.