Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What? Low-rise bars…
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

…for use with bar ends?

Needs to be something with not much backsweep. Thinking along the lines of EA50 price range or less. Current bars are 640mm (I think) mid rise bars that came on an 09 Rockhopper Expert. After fitting some stubby bar ends today they look like they point outwards and dont feel too comfy.

Or would I be better off with a flat bar if I'm running bar ends? Not for looks, for functionality (as I know some people pull faces at bar ends with any kind of rise! I really don't care if it feels comfy)

PJay
    Free Member

I've got stubby bar ends on RaceFace Deus low risers and they work for me. I suspect it's still not the fashionable thing to have any bar end on any riser bar, but I like them. The Deus bars are a little above the Easton EA50's price range, but there are low risers in the cheaper Evolve range.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Not arsed about fashion… I've got some hills to get up going to and from work and bar ends mean I spend more time cycling up than walking up. And most of the XCers I've seen riding the world cup stages appear to have low rise and stubbies too, so can't be all that bad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What? Low-rise bars…’ is closed to new replies.