Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what location for a nice, quiet, romantic picnic – Shropshire/SStaffs/Worcs?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

as title, needs to be somewhere scenic, by a river would be nice maybe, fairly quiet, but easily accessible?

jekkyl

whereabouts do you live?

Stoner
    Free Member

Loads of spots on the worcs avon. Where will you be coming from?

geologist
    Free Member

River Teme, much nicer than the Avon 😉

jekkyl

I’m thinking Stratford, along the river there is nice & Stratford is a lovely place for a drink/dinner/stay over. Theatre there if you fancy a bit of Shakespeare!

jekkyl

I’m thinking Stratford, along the river there is nice & Stratford is a lovely place for a drink/dinner/stay over. Theatre there if you fancy a bit of Shakespeare!

mboy
    Free Member

As soon as the sun is out, Stratford is ANYTHING but quiet! On a sunny weekend, it will be chock full of tourists!

Absolutely loads of lovely spots though, personally if you want quiet and romantic with lovely views and easily accessible, get yourself over to Kinver Edge. It’s always quiet up the top there, it’s got incredible views, and its got a big car park within easy walk of the top.

It’s a great place for a ride too!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

wolverhampton based, but don’t mind driving a fair way

PePPeR

I’d say go down to Bridgnorth, loads of lovely walking along the river, a great little town to walk around and loads of quirky old shops and stuff.

You can get along the old railway line from Bridgnorth to Ironbridge along the old railway line which has some amazing views like Apley Park and lots of riverside places to picnic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what location for a nice, quiet, romantic picnic – Shropshire/SStaffs/Worcs?’ is closed to new replies.