Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What lights? Cellar and garage this time.
  • midlifecrashes

For decades now we’ve faffed with a couple of dangling bulbs in cellar and garage, and we can do better now.

I’ve seen these on ebay, way cheaper than usual retail sheds etc. 4ft led units with strips of individual leds inside, 10 for £68. Anyone used similar or have any thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255146030809

nickjb
    Free Member

They look very similar to mine in the workshop. The light output is great. Really good, flat light and fills the space well. Also not flickering and don’t strobe so good for using power tools. They are pretty cheaply made, the bracket is a bit flimsy on mine but it works. Mine are warm white which I prefer, though

onewheelgood

400w of LED light is a lot of light! How big is your garage?

nickjb
    Free Member

Depends how you are using the space. 5 of those battens in a garage is overkill for parking a car but a good amount of light for a workshop.

midlifecrashes

Garage is 6m x 5m x 2.9 high, but I’d likely want to put a couple in the old hay loft above it too. Cellar is front half of the house, but divided into 3 rooms.

madhouse

I use similar in the garage / loft having also got fed up with useless pendants too.

Mine came from Screwfix but they’re all much the same, really easy to install and throw out way more light than a solitary 60w incandescent bulb.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What lights? Cellar and garage this time.’ is closed to new replies.