Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What lights?
  • duncancallum

Fed up with my Chinese light it’s my 3rd in 6 years and its bright enough but they suffer from poor contacts on the battery leads so I’m tempted to bite the bullet.

Seen the hope R8 at 229 quid.

Any got any other suggestions?

Kryton57

I got “Exposured” for Christmas and having now having experienced the quality and usability I’d be looking there.

On the flip side, I’ve got a Lumenator and Lumen 800 that might shortly be for sale…

convert

off road, on road?

duncancallum

Mostly off road.

joebristol

What’s your budget and are you just looking for a bar light or a helmet light as well?

duncancallum

No set budget

Toss up with hope r8 or an exposure 6pack

joebristol

If you’re spending that sort of money I think exposure is the way forward. I find it’s better running a helmet light in combo with a bar light rather than just one on the bars.

Maybe stick an exposure joystick on your helmet and whatever bar light you decide to go with.

I have a budget setup with 1600 lumens on the bars and 900 on the helmet (neither are exposure) and it seems enough light for me.

Although I do keep looking at the Gemini Titan and wondering what that would be like….

TiRed

Exposure. To budget. They are all great and so is the company support. Plenty more fanboys will be along shortly. Their lights are super and their mountings are excellent.

I have two joysticks and a Mk2 Strada. That’s enough for my off-road bimbling. Plenty of much brighter options for faster riding. I’d go smaller on the bars and add a helmet light. The joystick is the go to but some have tighter beams than others.

My 400 lumen strada was set to low power flash for a road ride on NYE and was still going on low-power get me home mode at 10 hours.

lawman91

Exposure all day long, Maxx-D and a Joystick is my preferred set up for power/burntime

marksnook
    Free Member

Another vote for exposure here! Maxxd on the bar and Diablo on my lid. Only reason I went Diablo was a special offer at the time. They are neat and work amazing. Run my helmet light with a go pro mount which I find better than the standard exposure mount

duncancallum

I’ve a joystick on my lid already

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I bought a MaxxD and a Diablo back in 2012 and they’re still going strong now.

I originally tried a Joystick with the MaxxD but found it got lost in the light of the MaxxD, I find the Diablo compliments it much better.

I’m a serial upgraderer and have thought about buying newer exposure stuff but they just keep on working year after year #kissofdeath

mrmoofo

MTB batteries Luminator and luminator 800 here.
    They seem good for the money …

mattbee

Exposure here too.
    Joystick on head and Equinox on bars (with battery booster thing for longer than 1.5-2hr rides.)

Have a MaxxD too but it’s a good few years old and has a dodgy switch, knackered mount screw thread and a couple of big dings in the case from crash damage. I ought to send it back for repair but the Equinox does me fine so the Maxx has ended up being an over the top dog walking torch!

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Just dropped 289 on a mk12 Maxx d after my Lezyne 1800 has finally given up the ghost. Cant believe I’ve managed to night ride with unreliability and/or too-short battery life for 16 years.

stevious

I love my exposure lights.

nixie

I was seriously underwhelmed with my diablo. It didn’t make the quoted run time when new (but is apparently within spec which sucks when the loss was the best part of 10%). The tap feature is good on paper but useless is reality and the light is just a bit too big for helmet usage (tight woodland trails, gets caught way, way too often). Joystick would be a better choice in my opinion.

chakaping
    Free Member

Exposure, but I’d suggest the Toro or Maxx-D instead of the Six Pack.

And get one of their helmet lights too. I have the Diablo and the Toro.

duncancallum

Why torro or Maxxd?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What lights?’ is closed to new replies.