• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ski.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What LAWNMOWER?
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Current Flymo thingy has died so now need a new lawnmower. Don’t need anything flash as the fr/r lawns aren’t massive. Was thinking about a Flymo Easi Glide 330VX . Thoughts?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Oh, it’s for Mrs Soks’ birthday, on Thursday. Possibly. 😉

khani
    Free Member

I got a Worx cordless thingy, like this

Works off a big car type battery and was great, I’m selling it as I don’t have any lawn anymore due to building an extension, but it was very quiet and easy to use and the battery lasted fine
    No good to you as I’m a million miles away and it’s too heavy to post but I’m sure your mrs would love one… 😉
    I made the mistake of buying a karcher on the same day as my mrs’s birthday once…never again…

easygirl

Do NOT under any circumstances buy your wife a lawn mower for her birthday,unless she has asked for it specifically 😀

khani
    Free Member

Yeah, walking in with a Karcher saying happy birthday wasn’t my finest hour..the actual present of a nicely wrapped titanium watch made absolutely no difference..
    TBH I don’t think the crown jewels would have after the Karcher….

hmanchester
    Free Member

I bought one of these Bosch efforts based purely on the reviews on Amazon.

I was a bit worried because it’s so light and actually feels like a kiddies play lawnmower, but I have to say it’s brilliant. No problem with power and cuts through long grass easily, and because it’s so light it’s no problem not being self powered as you can just chuck it about. In fact cuts better than the neighbours 300 quid petrol effort that I was borrowing before, and so much easier.

Only issues are the smaller than average grass box because of it’s size and the 10m cable. Just drag the green bin onto the lawn so you can empty it in easily a few times. Extension cable solves problem 2. My lawn is 6m x 23m.

higgo
    Free Member

Do NOT under any circumstances buy your wife a lawn mower for her birthday,unless she has asked for it specifically

And be very sure you haven’t misunderstood what she was actually asking for.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Do NOT under any circumstances buy your wife a lawn mower for her birthday,unless she has asked for it specifically

This may be difficult to beleive but she actually said “Don’t buy me anything, I don’t need anything. A nice meal and a card will do.”
    I , kind of , think I’ll be exceeding expectations by throwing in a nice new lawnmower! 😀

khani
    Free Member

This may be difficult to beleive but she actually said “Don’t buy me anything, I don’t need anything. A nice meal and a card will do.”

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! 😆 good luck with that….Get her some marigolds as well….

meikle_partans
    Free Member

wolf garten from thegreenreaper.co.uk

whats not to love, the website has a cool little mint sauce style reaper cutting a hedge

ski
    Free Member

As mentioned above, if your lawn is not huge, these Bosch Rotak are amazing good for the price.

After 3 weeks of use, you will notice the difference in your lawn. They feel lightweight, but mine is on its 4th season and has been faultless, plus they cut very close to the edge of the mower, so less strimming tricky bits.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What LAWNMOWER?’ is closed to new replies.