• This topic has 42 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Mowgli.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • What laptop for Zwift
  • tomnavman
    Free Member

AppleTV and separate screen seems to be a good recommendation, but why not an iPad?

I’ve just being using my last generation iPad Air on my Wattbike and I’ve never had any issues. The screen is big enough to read everything and to use the onscreen touch controls (though running the companion app on the phone makes that even easier).

You can easily mirror to a bigger screen with a cable you want, and its a device you will use for other things rather than just for Zwift

Apple TV (at rrp) is £150
    iPad starts from £369, with a processor 2 generations older.

dthom3uk

I would recommend joining the Facebook Group Zwift PC Masters and Riders group. Download the excellent ‘How tos’ in the Files section and build yourself a dedicated Zwift PC. I’ve built a PC for less than £160 that runs Zwift in the ultra graphics mode. It was pretty easy. I bought a PC recommended in the the files for £35 off ebay then got a second hand graphics card from CEX, a solid state drive from Amazon and some additional memory from CEX. The base unit came with Windows 10. It boots in about 12 seconds and runs flawlessly.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Slight aside, but has anyone else overcome massive difficulty in getting their laptop (or Applle TV?) to connect to the turbo and HRM? I have a Wahoo Kickr Core and Garmin dual hrm. Laptop is aa ~2015 Dell i7 with what was a reasonable spec for the time.

I have an ANT+ dongle on a usb extension cable, but both that and bluetooth are incredibly unreliable and will drop so much it’s basically unusable. Any thoughts as to whether a newer machine is likely to help?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.