Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What lapierre?
  • tommy19
    Free Member

Zesty, spicey or x-flow. I’m interested in a new lapierre but which one?

scaredypants

before we start guessing, what’s the prize ?

jojoA1
    Free Member

What kind of riding you going to use it for, how do you ride and what weight are you?…

AngusWells

Surely it should be, quelle Lapierre.

Or is it quel. Is Lapierre masculine or feminine? I wish I’d not started trying to be clever now.

scaredypants

quelle ?

buying a bicycle is very much like making love to a beautiful woman

tommy19
    Free Member

Well I’m from around the Bristol area so most of my riding is done at Ashton court/ Leigh woods, but I will be poping over to Wales some weekends.
    And I’m around 14 stone, doesnt have to be a lapierre but they seem to have caught my eye.

fbk
    Free Member

Just be realistic about the sort of riding you’re likely to be doing with it. The more travel, the harder the climbs but the better it’ll cope with serious downhilling. Personally I wouldn’t get a Spicy unless you do a lot of Alpine rides or uplifts. I’ve got a Zesty and it copes with most things I throw at it without a problem. The new X-flows are suppose to be great if you mainly ride XC stuff.

tommy19
    Free Member

Climbing was my only concern to be fair, I was looking at the zesty but how well does it climb?

rewski
    Free Member

Zesty would be perfect. 514 here, loves ups and downs.

skywalker
    Free Member

Zesty 314 would be my choice, they are lovely.

fbk
    Free Member

I’ve got a 714 and, to be honest, climbing over rough techy stuff feels like I’m cheating

jojoA1
    Free Member

I have a Zesty 514 and I find it amazingly light and fast for climbing and it loves smooth flowy singletrack.

I am, however, going to change the stock Fox Float RLC 140 fork to a RS Revelation 150 as I find the Fox too ‘lively’ for the kind of rocky stuff I like and have always ridden RS finding them plusher and more controlled. I think the year after mine 2011, had RS Revs as stock.

I personally think the Spicey is overkill for most UK riding (even in Scotland, where I’m based) and the X Flow is much more of an XC bike.
    Horses for courses!
    Test ride if you can, though I didn’t and still love it.

tommy19
    Free Member

I’m thinking zesty 314, how do the sizes come up on them I’m 6ft?

fbk
    Free Member

Size wise I’d recommend a test ride. I’m 6ft and supposed to fit a large but I prefer a compact frame – the medium suits me just fine.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I’m 5’5″ and ride a small.

tommy19
    Free Member

I will probably go down the large route just because I don’t like to short a top tube.

jojoA1
    Free Member

They do have quite a long tt in my opinion. Can you get a test ride anywhere?

tommy19
    Free Member

Not around where I live unfortunately

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What lapierre?’ is closed to new replies.