Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • what knee pads for bigger legs
  • sprocker
    Free Member

Tried 661 d30 to tight and the fox launch pro s again to tight both in l/Xl . It s getting expensive using them 5 times then giving up. Its round the back I find them worse with me finding the foxes really uncomfy after an hour. Anybody recommend me some that come up big, tried the poc s same problem they never got out the shop.

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

RaceFace do a soft shell d30 pad (ambush if memory serves) in an XXL size which is gargantuan

falkirk-mark

Alpinestars ones are velcroed at back so they are adjustable

sprocker
    Free Member

Will check the race face out gargantuan sounds like the size I may be after.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nukeproof’s in large here. I’ve got little fat legs & did 2 days round Torridon without discomfort.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Large Nukeproofs here too. Brilliant. Dead comfy, you completely forget about them once they’re on. I’ve got large and have pretty chunky legs.

seavers
    Free Member

Large Nukeproofs x3. Also have some Brand X knee & shin from CRC. They come up big and pretty comfortable too for so much protection.

ratadog

Not tried the nukeproofs but have tried both the Race face ambush (d30) and the Race face dig ( hard shell). Sold the Ambush as with the movement of cycling the lower end of the d30 pad used to bunch up and then harden under the pressure before trying to wear a hole in my shin. All in all I found the Digs a lot more comfortable and they are my preferred option.

Other option I’ve tried and stuck with is the G-form. You need to measure up properly to get he right size and they are a lot longer than the standard pads essentially coming up like legwarmers with protection but they work fine both when on and suddenly off the bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what knee pads for bigger legs’ is closed to new replies.