Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • What kind of relationship do you have?
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

A few of my mates can’t wait to get out and away from their other half, one of them forgot his wedding anniversary and he was in the dog house for weeks.

I enjoy my wifes company, we laugh and joke all the time, i can count the tiffs on one hand and they lasted all of 5 minutes, we both forgot our 20th wed anniversary and the worlds still turning.

If your not having a good time in a relationship what’s the point.

brakes
    Free Member

If your not having a good time in a relationship what’s the point

these things* were sent to try us.

*women

MrWoppit
    Free Member

At the molecular level. With my bikes.

stu170
    Free Member

5 years with mine. We both work full time. We both do what we want, rarely do I we turn friends down to do things, yet we still have plenty of time for each other. The old cliché of being best friends. But we really are.
    Even when we spend months away with work. She is archaeologist, and im RAF, never really find any issues. How the hell some people I know stay with their other halves I dont know.

binners

😆

globalti
    Free Member

We live separate lives in the same house, that’s about all.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m not sure there’s much point in being unduly smug about it either way. My relationship isn’t great, it’s a damn sight better than some people’s, and the consequences of getting rid of it aren’t terribly palatable. 🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

We don’t have a patio, wife’s never nagged me to build one.

Onzadog
    Free Member

My wife once asked me which I loved more, her or my bike. I replied “which bike?”

She’s happy that she wins over some of them.

I put a lot of time and effort into finding this one. I know I’ve got it right. 😉

marcus7
    Free Member

one of fear on my side…. fear….., nah all good and constantly evolving, not the same as 20 years ago not the same since we had kids but your life changes and you change and what was important becomes less so and things you could never imagine being important become so…

DezB
    Free Member

Better than ever, now we live apart 🙂

ads678

Been with the missus for 21 years, married 2 years ago. Got 2 kids 5 & 3. My wife has been my best friend for probably 20 of those years. Love all my other mates for other stuff, but theres no one in this world I’d rather be with than Mrs 678.

I’m pretty much a nob head and she puts up with all my rubbish, bless her!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Why shouldn’t i feel smug, no Audi or Beemer on the drive, got to have something to be smug about.
    I’m more interested in positive posts like stu170.

Garry_Lager

We’re solid – bombproof, actually – love, respect and like one another.

Loads of minor aggravations on the surface, though. Mainly based around my view of the house – I see it as a giant cave one returns to after a days hunting, to sprawl around as I see fit – occasionally visiting the bike workshop and brewing annex.
    She sees it more like an actual house that needs tidying, a new bathroom and top to bottom decorating.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

An open one.

I just haven’t told her yet.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Like your style ads678, bit of a knob myself, don’t take life too seriously, lot of folk on here can be so intense, maybe that’s part of the problem.

GolfChick
    Free Member

After crashing in April I realised how much he cared and how much he loved me, spent the next few months until recently taking it out on him, there’s nobody else to take the brunt of it, and generally being resentful that it happened and now I’m fighting to show him I love him that much and I’m worth putting up with.

I think most relationships have tough spots and it’s whether it’s workable and whether the people even want to put that amount of effort in. For me I’ll do anything as can’t imagine being with or going home to anyone else and he makes me very happy, just wish I wasn’t a PITA some times!

emsz
    Free Member

What relationship?

TBH thinking about it makes me sad and lonely. She was/is still the person that I dream about. It would never work between us, we want different things, but still…

RustySpanner

I know my place.

In the shed usually.

tang
    Free Member

My wife is a top of the range ball breaker. However, after 16 years, 3 kids and the odd tough time we make a good team and plenty of love. As said above when the shit hits the fan or I’m somewhere very beautiful she’s the one I want there.
    From day 1 we pledged not to be everything to each other, or have unrealistic expectations. One thing we practice is a bit of self responsibility within the marriage. My grandparents are Indian and told me to learn to love, not expect it all there from the beginning. Happily still a student!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Garry, i think you will find that most decorating jobs can be sorted with a wipe over with a damp rag.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

best mates for aaaages, an item for a bit less ages, married a few years, now got sprogs running around the house, life’s golden TBH and no idea how I managed to snag her, safe to say I punched well above my weight there

binners

Yeah…. can you sort the relationship thing out please emsz? Make a bit of effort, girl! You’ve been slacking on the Hollyoaks updates of late. Its not gone unnoticed. If not, then I’m afraid some of us will be forced into getting a new Lesbian Best Friend to fill us in on their dramas instead. They’re ten a penny round some parts of the north nowadays you know? 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

one of them forgot his wedding anniversary and he was in the dog house for weeks.

Plot twist.

His mate is a dog. So it was business as usual, as the bitch didn’t mind.

gonefishin
    Free Member

She was/is still the person that I dream about. It would never work between us, we want different things, but still…

You’ve been reading my mind there emsz.

djglover
    Free Member

This is all a bit mushy you big girls bras

emsz
    Free Member

Binners,

There’s been some action on the dating* front actually. I could go into details but you’d probably be put off your dinner, Hun

* is too strong really, it’s all a bit “with benefits” but things are weird ATM

I’ll update the Hollyoaks thing when it’s not so “car crash”

carlosg
    Free Member

We have a great relationship ,been together since September 1989 and married since 2002 before this we were just mates/drinking buddies for a couple of years.I’m not suggesting we never argue but it isn’t often and we’re always mates again by the time we get to bed. We did have one rough patch about 16 years ago (which was all my fault) but we worked through it, mrscarlos is my rock and I rely on her more than I would normally admit .I love her to bits and wouldn’t ever change her (sick in a bucket smilie)

tomhoward

I put a lot of time and effort into finding this one. I know I’ve got it right

Bike or wife?

fwiw I’m best friends with a girl I nearly married, and it’s better for it.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Anyway, got to go, the other half will be back from work soon and if her teas not on the table when she gets in there will be hell to pay.
    If i’m good i’ve got another half an hour puter time later tonight. 😉

tomhoward

Emsz, I think it’s one of those impossible things in life, to put Binners off his dinner….

binners

😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

Since we got married it’s like being on the witness protection program. We moved to a new house, I don’t see my friends and I ride my bike at night.

crankboy
    Free Member

A Fab one met her when I was late 30s divorced and not wanting to have another relationship . Now late 40s happily married and a son. Every day I realise how much better my life is for having her in it.

I believe we have had two big rows, one on a romantic break in Paris when I refused to accept a £1 coin would ever land on it’s edge and stay there when tossed. (clue spending two hours in a hotel bathroom repeatedly tossing a £1 coin may prove your point but blows the romance)The other was my insistence that she would be able to Bunny Hop a curb .

We have been through and done a lot together and she made me less weird.

13thfloormonk

I’m hearing the tick of that infernal biological clock!

In 5 years she wants (in no particular order) – marriage, cars, mortgage, kids.

In 5 years I want – Three weeks trekking in Nepal, 2 weeks trekking in the Rockies, West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island, Fortnight’s cycle touring in Norway, visit to the Alps with the road bikes.

In theory these goals are not mutually exclusive, its just a shame I can’t yet get excited about any of hers.

I do love her in the here and now though, when she’s not talking about saving for deposits…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

lol

try adding a nipper to the mix, then you won’t even ride your bike

MrsToast
    Free Member

Love my Mr Toast to bits, even though he doesn’t like death metal or Star Wars, and makes fun of my comics. He’s my best friend and proper sexy as well. He’s funny, kind, and incredibly sweet (apart from when he talks about my mother).

He also upgrades, maintains and fixes my bikes and PC. \o/

jackthedog
    Free Member

My missus is open to the idea of going halves on a tandem. She’s a keeper.

Jamie
    Free Member

My missus is open to the idea of being served for breakfast. She’s a kipper.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Whatever happened to the stw singles rides?

And did anyone ever get their hole together?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What kind of relationship do you have?’ is closed to new replies.