• This topic has 32 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What kind of fights are people getting involved in these days?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Carnage

What happened to a bit of a scuffle and a split lip?

Three men dead as result of a fight.

WTAF?

shermer75
    Free Member

No mention of knives there but unfortunately there seems to be a lot of them about right now which is resulting in a nasty escalation in injury

hols2
    Free Member

What kind of fights are people getting involved in these days?

We have a big one going at work over whether it’s acceptable to mix British and American spelling within the same report.

derek_starship
    Free Member

hols – (as you well know) the question wasn’t asking the STW community what fights they
    are getting involved with personally! And no it bloody isn’t acceptable.

Would it be racist to suggest that eastern European men have a propensity for vodka-fueled fights that end up in fatal injuries?

cb200
    Free Member

Definitely a dangerous over-generalisation there! They also drink Tyskie lager.

Drac

Fights resulting in a death is not exactly new and still relatively rare, it’s also not just Eastern European’s that cause them.

kerley
    Free Member

Would it be racist to suggest that eastern European men have a propensity for vodka-fueled fights that end up in fatal injuries?

Yes it would. Any other racist beliefs you have that I can check for you?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Alcohol and cocaine, **** think they’re superman.

siwhite
    Free Member

When did a point of view that would previously have been considered perhaps stereotyped and something of a generalisation (however true…) suddenly become racist?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Yes it would. Any other racist beliefs you have that I can check for you?

I made a mistake in asking. It was one of those perfunctory lead-ins to a statement. I know it’s not racist – it’s bloody true and recorded by police forces.

martinhutch

Pointless internet ones. 🙂

kerley
    Free Member

When did a point of view that would previously have been considered perhaps stereotyped and something of a generalisation (however true…) suddenly become racist?

Assume you are joking? Stereotyping and generalisation of a whole race has always been a key part of racism.

kerley
    Free Member

I know it’s not racist – it’s bloody true and recorded by police forces.

It is true that some people end up in vodka fuelled fights yes. It is not true however to say that a race of people have a propensity for it unless you have the research to back it up?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Pointless internet ones. 🙂

👏

Mister-P
    Free Member

Maybe I’m missing something but there’s no mention of the nationality of anyone in that story.

feed

Of course not, last time I checked eastern Europe was a geographic region, not a race

hammy7272
    Free Member

Alcohol and cocaine, **** think they’re superman.

This certainly helps fuel the volatile fire.

tinribz
    Free Member

last time I checked eastern Europe was a geographic region, not a race

‘If’ race really existed which of course we know doesn’t, I believe that would put them in the Slavic tribe.

Poopscoop

2 stabbings around here this year.

No Eastern European content involved.

singlespeedstu

Give em a good old fashioned dose of MDMA.
    That’d have knocked the fight right out of em.
    *not even joking*

senorj

“What kind of fights are people getting involved in these days”
    “Pointless internet ones. 🙂”

“👏”

+1

BoardinBob

Sounds like they picked a fight with a lawyer from an Edinburgh taekwondo club!

chakaping
    Free Member

Fights resulting in a death is not exactly new

Three people dead? Yeah, see that all the time these days.

timidwheeler

I heard about a big fight in Colchester and presumed it would be Army related.

Drac

Three people dead? Yeah, see that all the time these days.

Errr! You did read what I said didn’t you?

daveylad
    Free Member

Only on here, plus you will likely be labelled as sexist as well.

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe I’m missing something but there’s no mention of the nationality of anyone in that story

Nor that there was a fight. I read it as a news story about a murder. Like they have a lot of in Midsummer.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sorry Drac I misread the rest of your post.

Anyway, this is nuts and there must be more than meets the eye.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Only on here, plus you will likely be labelled as sexist as well.

Username checks out.

easily
    Free Member

It might be more accurate to say that young men who have uprooted from their homes and communities, and separated from their families, in order to work in a foreign country to help those families, where they are often living together in overcrowded conditions, are more likely than average to have vodka-fuelled fights…

The Irish used to have a rep for drunken brawls in the days of the navvies. Men from Myanmar have a similar reputation in Thailand. It’s the grouping of young men together in hard conditions that causes the fighting, not where they come from.

So yes, a little bit racist.

squirrelking
    Free Member

The number is odd but other than that, meh. Guy at works dad was murdered on his own door step, nephew had started shit on Facebook and nutter from Glasgow paid a visit, old man stepped out to reason and was rewarded with a knife to the head. Senseless shit like this happens every day, my guess is either it’s a grudge, drugs or both.

feed

The Irish used to have a rep for drunken brawls in the days of the navvies.

I’m Irish, I take offence to a Racial stereotyping slur like that.

I’m just going to finish off this bottle of poteen that I’m currently tucking in to, then I’m going to head over there and knock twenty shades of shite out of you with my shillelagh for the offence that you’ve caused to my nation. And sure in the morning we’ll all wake up and be best of pals 🙂

hols2
    Free Member

hols – (as you well know)

You have no business telling me that I know anything.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What kind of fights are people getting involved in these days?’ is closed to new replies.