Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • What kind of creeps ride mountain bikes
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

WTF is it with people on this Forum? He makes a reasonable point about not throwing inner tubes up trees and perhaps leaving the place as clean as you found it and gets flamed?
    If you want to criticise him for insulting townies fair enough but he really does have a point and we will all have seem mess left for no reason by Lazy fecker MTB'ers who may live in either cities or the countryside.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Again, I'm 100% in agreement with the OP.

If I go to anywhere popular with MTBs (Swinley springs to mind here, but most trail centres are the same) there always seems to be litter. I've carried it off more than once, but there's only so much one person can do when it's cans, bottles, tubes and wrappers. By contrast when riding less popular places and natural trials/bridleways it's noticeably cleaner.
    It's as though riders think "It's a trail centre, I can do what I like here" and it's one thing that's starting to put me off them.
    Our local trails are well below the radar, but still get a fair amount of traffic from a few different local groups. They are (and I choose my words carefully here) spotless. Even the local freeriders/downhillers leave no trace other than new jumps and berms. And you have to look hard for those too.
    There is NO excuse for dropping litter. Especially inner tubes. End of.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I know, what an inconsiderate bastard to throw that tube up there – how am I supposed to collect that and repair it for my own use all the way up there!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Can I just say about how wonderfully clean Brechfa was at the Enduro this weekend, and well done to all the riders for not leaving endless bar and gel wrappers along the trail!

devs
    Free Member

I blame ghey raodie shi-ites. That is clearly a road tube in that tree and the kidz see lance et al just chucking their rubbish whilst riding and think it's cool. 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I wonder if there is a different mindset between those who primarily use trail centres and those who primarily use the bridleway/natural trail network? (yes, i know there is no such thing as a natural trail!)

Is it because those who use trail centres tend to be younger, more focused on the aspects of riding and those who ride the BW network more interested in the views of the countryside etc?

Gross generalisations there of course. I haven't been to a trail centre since i rode the Karrimor trail at CyB back in '99 or so. I do tend to find litter in places like the top of Jacob's Ladder but it seems to be more the sort of litter left behind by daytrippers as opposed to cyclists and proper walkers.

Anyway, is there a difference?

RepacK
    Free Member

Carry it in – carry it out..Its so **** easy its hard to see why its a problem. As for the gross stereotyping – ignore it.

Olly
    Free Member

if ive stopped and can reach a discarded gel, ill pick it up and bung it in my bag. [edit: can i have a frickin medal please?]

has no one twigged (no pun intended) that the chavvy tossers who sling tubes like that are the chavvy tossers who just buy new tubes when they get a puncture, not repair them?

free tube!!

grumm
    Free Member

I wonder if there is a different mindset between those who primarily use trail centres and those who primarily use the bridleway/natural trail network? (yes, i know there is no such thing as a natural trail!)

Maybe, but maybe it's just that a lot more people use trail centres than bridleways? A lot of the bridleways I go on I hardly see any other walkers/bikers, and this is in the Lake District.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What kind of creeps ride mountain bikes’ is closed to new replies.