Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What kid compatible 7 speed shifter?
  • thepodge
    Free Member

Looking to replace the 7 speed Revoshift twist shifter on the kids bike as its incredibly stiff and almost unusable in the wet. Thinking trigger shifter but concerned the throw might be a bit long for their little thumbs.

Any suggestions from those building up pro spec bikes for their kids?

5lab

I got a shimano alivio one, my 4 year old could use it fine. there’s some company who sells extensions for the thumbie as well, to give them more leverage if needed.

5lab

Sureshift Shifter Extender S2 Bundle

there ya go. I bought a m315 shifter so it’d be compatible with one of these, but it hasn’t been needed in the end

thepodge
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I remember seeing those extender things but also remember thinking “how much?!!!

janwal
    Free Member

You need a Sram X3 7 speed trigger shifter. I bought one for my granddaughters bike last year. Fitted and working in about 20 minutes and didn’t even need to adjust the derailleur.

5lab

£30 includes the shifter which is £20 elsewhere so not too bad

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

10speed XT or 7sp sram x3/4 gripshift. 5yo has both and has no problem with either. Decent sp41 cable outer and polished stainless inner is critical though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.