Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What kettle for my woodburner?
  • CraigW
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a kettle to go on my Rayburn stove? Something reasonably sturdy, that’s going to last a few years. Usual problem with the cheap ones seems to be the plastic handles breaking off.

Needs to be a decent size, ie 2 litre or so. And with a proper loud whistle.

Bonus if it can also work on an induction hob.

Willing to pay a few quid, but not Le Creuset prices.

lotto
    Free Member

Family house has had a Le Creuset on the multi fuel aga for over 40 year. Works out cheap if you think of it that way. It has always sat on the stove with water in it. Drag it to the hot side and boiling in a few minutes. The water we have must be iron rich as the inside ‘rusts’ quickly. It was discovered that by putting a ferrous ball bearing in there it totally prevents this. Take the bearing out once a week and a gentle rub with the scourer brings it up good and pop it back in. Like I say, worked for 40 year, and you can hear the whistle in the garden.

Stoner
    Free Member

Keep an eye out on eBay. I got a fantastic vintage alumium ground bottom kettle for my stove. I was after a specific style identical to the kettle my parents had on their aga as I grew up, and they still use it daily 40+years later. I’m sure it’s from the 40s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What kettle for my woodburner?’ is closed to new replies.