Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • What jewellery is okay for a bloke?
  • Hohum
    Free Member

Just reading emma82’s thread about wedding rings and how she mentioned that some chaps don’t like wearing a wedding ring as it is seen as jewellery.

I wear a wedding ring on my left index finger and another ring on my right index finger that my wife gave me when we became engaged.

I personally find anything more than that on a bloke a bit weird.

I guess that some blokes wear a chain and cross for religious reasons, but each to their own, eh!

rondo101
    Free Member

Watch & wedding ring.

yunki
    Free Member

mmb
    Free Member

a watch is not jewellery it’s a time piece.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have you not seen the watch threads here? I reckon it’s seen as jewellery by a lot of folk 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

mmb – Member
    a watch is not jewellery it’s a time piece.

You can get a timepiece for £3. Pay more than that and it’s jewellery.

MrOvershoot

Absolutely nothing in my case, wedding ring is to dangerous in my job & we’re not allowed to wear watches at work so I got out of the habit many years ago (no nun jokes please) & when the last one broke I just didn’t bother replacing it.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Personally I wear nowt. I don’t posses a chain or a ring or a watch. No particular reason just can’t be bothered.

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest what folks wear though.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Jewelry is pointless.

Cougar

I’ve worn one of a number of rings on my right ring finger for maybe 20 years. Sometimes for sentimental reasons (ie, it’s a gift), sometime just because I like it. Recently I injured my finger somehow so I’ve stopped wearing one for a few months now, and it’s weird. I worry occasionally about wearing a wedding ring when I get wed, cos I’m left handed and it’d get trashed.

I have my left ear pierced and stretched to 3mm, so can wear chunky rings and such without looking like an African tribeswoman.

Usually I wear a watch. Sometimes I wear something round my neck or wrist, but these are usually more likely to be of the leather string variety rather than anything bling. I like wearing little affectations, but I tend towards the subtle.

druidh
    Free Member

Mmmm.

Eggs

HermanShake
    Free Member

Arab strap?

Pook

I feel I may be banned. A warning would suffice.

Pauly

Watch and a wedding ring +1. Maybe a subtle piercing also…

Kevevs
    Free Member

I don’t do jewelry. not cos of any reason. I just think it is silly and meaningless decoration and makes me feel like a fool. But my dad has a watch and a ring I will happily wear forever when he is dead.

uplink
    Free Member

Nothing at all for me either, not even a cheap watch

Wookster

Watch and wedding ring is all for me. I can remember my wedding ring driving me mad for the first few days!! Now wouldn’t leave home with out it. Still can’t sleep with it on though!!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

cheez0
    Free Member

Tongue stud only,no other bling,

trailmonkey

a watch isn’t jewellery. primarily it’s functional not ornamental.

i guess some could be both.

Coyote
    Free Member

What jewellery is okay for a bloke? Whatever the hell he feels like wearing.

Twonks.

allthepies
    Free Member

Nothing apart from a wedding ring, unless you are a Northerner in which case I believe a gold neck chain and earring are mandatory.

Drac

I thought that was Southerners that wore lots of bling, if Only Fools and Horses taught me anything it’s that Southerners like their bling.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Wedding ring. Thumb Ring. Toe ring,Nipple Bar and Belly Button piercing, last 2 left over from my younger slightly wilder days when I also had 2 holes in both lobes, one in the top of my left ear, my tongue and a couple of others.

emsz
    Free Member

Whatever they want to wear.

TheFlyingOx

I worry occasionally about wearing a wedding ring when I get wed, cos I’m left handed and it’d get trashed.

Nah. I’m left-handed and mine’s fine. Titanium, of course. It’s kind of brushed and hammered so no need for it to be shiny, but 30 seconds with a bit of Brasso and it does comes up rather polished. Bonus is that as long as beer manufacturers keep making beer bottle lids out of metal softer than Ti then I’ll always have a bottle opener to hand. As it were.

colournoise

Correct answer is whatever he likes to wear for whatever reason.

Personally that’s always white gold/jet wedding ring (pretty battered as I’m a leftie), silver ring on left index finger, watch, 2 neckchains and 4 rings in left ear. Supplemented now and then by silver rings on all other digits of left hand.

slainte 😀 rob

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Anything goes IMO. Maybe not dangley earrings.

Personally I don’t wear any

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve got a nipple ring and eyebrow bar. I also wear a watch that is very definitely jewellry and would wear a wedding band too.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve got a simple silver wedding band type ring that I will very occasionally wear when out with Mrs Yunki..

BigJohn

A watch, unless I’m sailing when it’s a watch and a waterproof car key on a rope around my neck.

feckless
    Free Member

Cufflinks definitely, wedding ring maybe.

Watches are for commoners.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I wear my granddads wedding ring on my right hand. Before he died he asked if there was anything of his I wanted – I said his wedding ring and he left it to me with the condition that I had to wear it

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

A watch, wedding ring, and piece of medicalert jewellery. I also have a small St Christopher on a gold chain that my then GF (now wife) bought me for my 21st.

Had my wedding ring cut off this week as it had become too tight due to meds I’ve been on over the last couple of years – now negotiating with wife whether I go ringless, buy a new one*, or get old one repaired or melted and made into new ring.

*She wants renewal of wedding vows if I go for a new ring, but not sure if I want the fuss & expense that I know she & her family will want with this – @rsed if I’m paying for another family party for her extended family like our first wedding reception became.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Nice watch (weekend only) and my tungsten wedding ring …. nowt else

footflaps

Personally I wear nowt, and no watch.

onandon
    Free Member

Wedding ring and a watch – unless you are under 20.

feckless
    Free Member

Personally I wear nowt, and no watch.

Sounds a bit cold.

RustySpanner

Just a gold tooth and a Casio ‘Al Qaeda’ special for me.
    Used to wear an earring but can’t be fussed these days.

I used to be a pawnbroker, so got a bit sick of the stuff.

LardLover
    Free Member

UncleFred – Member

Belly Button piercing

Belly button piercing on blokes is just plain wrong, get it out 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘What jewellery is okay for a bloke?’ is closed to new replies.