Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • What Jeans Cut Are You Rockin'?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Plain old 501s in indigo.

racefaceec90

i have no idea. just bought 2 pairs jeans from tesco’s for £10.

they look standard,but are about 2″ too long in the legs (will be keeping them though i can still grow into them at 37 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Slim or straight. I don’t like skinny, too uncomfortable around the thighs.

midlifecrashes

Skinny, cos I’m young and can get away with it. Old people cannot. Dress with dignity Dignitas once you get over 30 ffs.

Yoof! 🙄

midlifecrashes, aged 501!

chakaping
    Free Member

Thankfully my daughter and her mates think me and Mrs STR are quite cool – mostly because we don’t conform to the usual 40 something dullness

Come on, we need pics of you and Mrs STR rocking your trendy mum and dad jeans now.

My daughter thinks I’m the coolest guy in the world too. She is 4 though.

crankboy
    Free Member

What ever does not look “youth” from pri mark and some baggie howies with the warm wool inside .

stumpy01

Up until recently it was always bootcut. Then I realised that they make me look even shorter than I am (which is short) so am slowly swapping over to straight leg.

I did buy some slim fit jeans from Next the other day, which are ok but I am not 100% convinced by them. Fit is ok, but taking them off is a struggle as they don’t like to go back over by calves…..first world problems & all that.

will
    Free Member

Zara slim fit.

binners
    scuzz
    Free Member

APC Petite Standards
    Selvedge 511s

Straight cut – tight on the thigh, loose round the knees. Looks good with anything*

*Within reason.

Oh, and 28/32 😉

tang
    Free Member

I can cut the skinny/slim jean/trouser well. Slim tall athletic here.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been rocking Raphas Jeans for 18mths now (I’ve a couple of pairs) also I bought some Levi’s Cycling Jeans and a pair of grey Jeans they had in there too, so I naturally wear them tight, not skinny but tight enough, turned up once.

I rock me.

binners

Are they your sisters? 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i own 2 pairs of jeans- a pair of howies slim fit and a pair of uniqlo slim fit selvedge. planning on getting some hiut slim fit early next year. 32/30 for me. i also have some howies slim fit chinos. don’t like the skintight fit stuff but dislike boot cut and big baggy jeans even more.
    at the age of 44 i’m perfectly happy wearing such garments and don’t really care what anyone else thinks/says about it being “appropriate dress” or whatever.

theotherjonv

Get in vogue!

I’m in jeggings for the winter.

stevomcd
    Free Member

People who ride bikes can wear 501s? Won’t go past my knees!

MrSmith
    Free Member

APC Petite Standards
    Selvedge 511s

Careful now, that’s the kind of talk that confuses people who get their mums to buy their clothes from next.
    They probably think you misspelt ‘salvage’ and that means secondhand from oxfam shops 🙄

(strait cut Albam, Edwin Nashville or Ande Whall mustangs here)

Shak47

Vintage 1955 Levis 501’s and the extra wide 1920 201’s

willard

501s so that I fit in with the rest of the office. A suit or trousers would either scare them or make them think I was going to interviews.

As it happens, I spent yesterday trying to find another brand of jeans that fit in a way that I like, finally admitting defeat when I realised that everything is going “skinny” in the jeans world. Looks like my work attire is going to be 501s and Craghoppers for the forseeable future then.

wrecker
    Free Member

Skinny, cos I’m young and can get away with it. Old people cannot

With age comes wisdom. In a few years you’ll see some pictures of yourself wearing your skinny jeans and realise what a **** you look.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Mine are blue if that means anything. I don’t know if they’ve got a poncy special ‘cut’ or ‘shape’. I thought this stopped being important once you’d been through puberty?

😀

igrf
    Free Member

Think they’re 501’s all I know is I’m having to constantly sew them up, both pairs, split above the knee..
    I’m sure riding in them wears them out at the knee. Just when they’re beginning to look cool and faded..

ooh while I’m on, I read somewhere about some special weatherproof jean things, anyone heard of or tried them?

Jamie
    Free Member

I wear jeans so tight you can see my plums winking at you.

I am 33.

I don’t know if they’ve got a poncy special ‘cut’ or ‘shape’.

God forbid clothing comes in descriptive sizes.

32/30 for me. i also have some howies slim fit chinos

You see, at 32/30 I’d be seriously questioning the slim fit. 30/34 here

MrSmith
    Free Member

But what rise jeans do you all prefer? If there’s an area of cut that’s going mark you out as stylish or a follower of fashion then rise is just as important. It also doesn’t do those with slightly odd body shapes (that’s most of us) any favours.
    Nothing worse than a middle aged hipster with lo rise skinnies who has a fat arse and a bit of a paunch.
    If the rise is high enough and you have the legs for it then ‘slim’ dark indigo raw selvage jeans can look fine.
    Just don’t wear huge clumpy skate trainers 8)

But what rise jeans do you all prefer? If there’s an area of cut that’s going mark you out as stylish or a follower of fashion then rise is just as important. It also doesn’t do those with slightly odd body shapes (that’s most of us) any favours.
    Nothing worse than a middle aged hipster with lo rise skinnies who has a fat arse and a bit of a paunch.
    If the rise is high enough and you have the legs for it then ‘slim’ dark indigo raw selvage jeans can look fine.
    Just don’t wear huge clumpy skate trainers

Prefer low rise hipsters – high waist look horrendous, unless covered by a tee/shirt/jumper. Noooo, to the clumpy skate trainers (only with baggies) – I wear boots with straight legged jeans and canvas hi-tops with slim fit

Dickyboy

One advantage to being shorter than all your kids is you get all their cast offs from their mid teens, it also helped that their preference was for a rather loose style & that i don’t mind looking like a dick 😳

jools182
    Free Member

looking for some slim fit (not skinny), button fly, indigo jeans that are reasonably priced

not having much luck so far

jools182 – just find your nearest TKMaxx and see what they have in your size. I usually find something with a massive saving off RRP – and usually decent styles/labels too. Even saw some selvedge (not sure of brand) in there the other day.

project
    Free Member

looking for some slim fit (not skinny), button fly, indigo jeans that are reasonably priced

not having much luck so far

Try Primark thats where mine came from 10 quids, good fit and look cool

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrSmith.. “but what cut do I prefer” Well I have to say it don’t I.. Rapha for some reason or other have my cut. I’ve no idea where they pinched the cut from but I like it a lot. The cut is skinny/slim and not the other way around. Length is just perfect for 1 tunr up, and if you decide not to turn the leg up then they look just a little “ruffled” rather than “ruched” (like an Austrian Blind does)

Hugo Boss (I have a couple of pairs) Well I like thier cut and style and they’re a teeny bit bigger than slim, but thats about 1/2 inch.. but the cottons sooo nice.

Binners.. My “lil Sis” is a Fat Girl, go forbid I ever fit in her Jeans, well I’d propably get me and MrsBouy in a pair of hers..

As far as Fashion is concerned, I just think, If you don’t compromise the way you would like to look, then anything goes. If you try too hard, you fail.

As for seeing fat blokes in Skinny Jeans, can’t honestly say I see a lot of that in That Larndarn, nope, most skinnies are worn by Hipsters and folks who can get away with it. Rarely do I see anyone trying too hard. Though on occasion I do see too much Tweed for my liking.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Try Primark thats where mine came from 10 quids, good fit and look cool

Primark? Cool? 😯

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQCrgu8Am2U[/video]

schrickvr6
    Free Member

No way I’d get in a pair of Petite Standards so New Standards for me, but anything with a slimmish fit I can get my thighs into, slight taper or straight… APC, Edwin Sen, Albam, Edwin x Folk most of the time.

votchy
    Free Member

43 yrs young and a nice pair of ice blue topman skinny fit jeans…..in 38″ waist, still got it 😆

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

levis 512, transitioning to 527s as they don’t make 512s anymore 🙁

rondo101
    Free Member

I’ve also migrated to 527s from 512s for the same reason as above.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    MrSmith.. “but what cut do I prefer” Well I have to say it don’t I.. Rapha for some reason or other have my cut. I’ve no idea where they pinched the cut from but I like it a lot. The cut is skinny/slim and not the other way around. Length is just perfect for 1 tunr up, and if you decide not to turn the leg up then they look just a little “ruffled” rather than “ruched” (like an Austrian Blind does)

Hugo Boss (I have a couple of pairs) Well I like thier cut and style and they’re a teeny bit bigger than slim, but thats about 1/2 inch.. but the cottons sooo nice.

Binners.. My “lil Sis” is a Fat Girl, go forbid I ever fit in her Jeans, well I’d propably get me and MrsBouy in a pair of hers..

As far as Fashion is concerned, I just think, If you don’t compromise the way you would like to look, then anything goes. If you try too hard, you fail.

As for seeing fat blokes in Skinny Jeans, can’t honestly say I see a lot of that in That Larndarn, nope, most skinnies are worn by Hipsters and folks who can get away with it. Rarely do I see anyone trying too hard. Though on occasion I do see too much Tweed for my liking.

Is this a troll? I cant tell.

Moses

A pair from Gap that fit me OK.
    A 2nd hand pair of Diesel that cost me £6, but fit well, and some 501s that I can’t ride in. But i rarely wear jeans, I’m more a beige corduroy and comfy cardigan man.

😀

godzilla
    Free Member

Volcom surething, the best fitting jeans I have ever owned.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘What Jeans Cut Are You Rockin'?’ is closed to new replies.