Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • What is your lifes greatest disappointment?
  • thepurist

Feeling that I was bumbling my way through life and so stepping away from it all to do do something new, then having that fall around my ears leaving me unemployed (and currently feeling unemployable), when I could’ve just stayed sat on the gravy train.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Got a feeling that I’m bumbling through life and falling way short of my true potential but not knowing what I should be doing about it or having the balls to step out of my comfort zone and one day realizing what I should have been doing and being too old to do anything about it

another +1

i know i’ve got the skills to be rich and successful like deadlydarcy, the thought of heated wing mirrors and a dashboard that tells me when a bulb has gone makes me shudder with excitement. but it sounds risky and i’m in the middle of saving for stuff 🙁

oddjob
    Free Member

Paying idave for a training program

Same here 😐

wrecker
    Free Member

Often think I left the army too early, perhaps should have stayed in and done some more tours and tried some different stuff.
    Then I look at my life now; nice wife, OK job, house and then at my (still present) limbs and think maybe I made the right choice after all. I think I just get a bit bored. Sometimes disappointment is in your head.

DezB
    Free Member

Surely you’re young enough Phil?
    BTW, my “Me” meant pretty much the same thing. But worse.

oddjob
    Free Member

Sometimes disappointment is in your head.

Surely it’s always in your head by definition isn’t it?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i am young enough debz 😀 and my little business plan doesn’t require a huge amount of cash to get started, main thing is time, the right people and the right research. and insurance

going to get the wedding, honeymoon and house deposit out the way first i think

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

going to get the wedding, honeymoon and house deposit out the way first i think

There will always be something “to get out of the way first” that you will use to stop yourself just effing doing it.

Make that change philly.

🙂

BigJohn

Adding up all the time I’ve spent on this forum

philconsequence
    Free Member

dammit 40DD, i know deep down i should be getting on with it, before someone else sets up a company doing the same thing….. but i’m apprehensive and everyone i could ask for advice is currently being super awesome and going out of their way to help us with the wedding so i really can’t expect any more of my friends and family.

hora
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    JLS tickets

Spits coffee onto screen

DezB
    Free Member

Do it! do it! do it! 😀

Rickos
    Free Member

When cynic-al stayed at mine he didn’t come into my room to tuck me in.

*cries*

oddjob
    Free Member

If he’s staying with you, then it’s up to you to tuck him in

ononeorange

Really not sure where to start – such a rich choice…..

nbt

Not having kids. Wanted, tried, didn’t happen.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Only one regret, Nichola.

tails
    Free Member

Being so f**king lazy I have ideas and plans lots of them, some would even make me lots of money but no I go get pissed instead!

Hohum
    Free Member

Whilst a teenager becoming physically and mentally addicted to nicotine.

Sheesh! What a waste of money and potentially years of my life.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

weeksy – Member
    globalti – Member
    My moaning, whingeing, insulting wife. Not the same happy, horny, fun girl I married. Just thrown her birthday present back at me this morning saying “I didn’t want one of those!”
    She’d be coming home to find her stuff in bin bags and on the lawn if that happend to me.

She’d be coming home to find herself cut up into little bits and in big bags on the lawn if it were me. 👿

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But seriously, not having the sexual experience to keep up with Sarah Asquith. What a time I would have with her now. 😈

hora
    Free Member

Why not just ask her sister what she’d probably like to receive?

wwaswas

to keep up with Sarah Asquith. What a time I would have with her now.

given how attractive stw is to google her next vanity search is going to be an eye opener 😉

therealhoops
    Free Member

NBT – you can have mine any time you want. Can I have your bike collection?

DezB
    Free Member

to keep up with Sarah Asquith. What a time I would have with her now.

She’s got quite a Google presence.. 😀

http://www.northlakesclinic.co.uk/homeopathy.htm

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not a regret so to speak, as there’s nothing I could have done about it, but not getting to know my old man as a person rather than a figurehead. He died too soon for that to happen. And in turn, every time I let my mum down, I wish I could take most of them back. 😐

EDITED for clarity.

hora
    Free Member

You know I’ve got the loveliest son on the planet. My Dad had a great son. I wont go the same way as my Dad.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

She’s got quite a Google presence.

Nope not her.

The one I ‘knew’ looked like Sissy Spacek. I think she might be married now anyhoos.

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Hora, what was the problem with your old man, if you don’t mind me asking?

hora
    Free Member

Short story is I cut him out of my life at the age of 11 when I asked my mum to leave him. He died suddenly two years ago and I guess I still haven’t sorted out the Jigsaw in my head as I didn’t want him Dead and I wanted my son to have at least met him. A very nasty and evil man in life but he left a large amount of money to his friends who eulogised about his life saying he was a great man. I missed a normal childhood and we grew up in abject poverty.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Being ‘okay’ at a few things and having a reasonably good start in life, but so far not really finding my ‘niche’ or having the imagination, talent and dedication to excel.

…to be honest, though, what have I got to complain about compared with most of the world’s population?

Mustn’t grumble.

ps. I did go to the see The White Stripes. Twice. They were rather good 😉

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

So, I take it your Mum left him?
    Nice that you recognised it as nastiness at a young age, rather than took it as an example to follow.
    Glad my young life wasn’t so complicated.

(Always entertained by your posts btw, and equally surprised at the amount of Hora bashing that I see on STW. you must have thick skin).

hora
    Free Member

Yep and he made our lives miserable. Made sure she left with nothing.

Why am I saying this on a public forum and not posting as anon? I wear my heart on my sleeve and it all helps getting it off my chest as I must admit I am struggling awee bit since he died.

Thick skin? I’m abit of a pisstaker in person, so I tend to receive what I give and TBH at times I do troll/wind people up online :mrgreen:

binners

TBH at times I do troll/wind people up online

What? Really? Surely not?!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Being young and in the north at the same as Thatched was PM.She destroyed my region and the nation is about to be divided because of her actions.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

In fact the mass poverty, unemployment and homelessnes we have now are a direct result of her myopic actions.Oh and the fact that the last 30 years worth of politicians are one notch above peadaphile in my book.Angry apes.

anagallis_arvensis

Wish I had ridden all those trails before my hips wore out like the Great Divide Trail. Some long offroad trip solo.

donsimon
    Free Member

That it really isn’t butter.

slimjim78
    Free Member

That I swore to punch Dominic Mohan in the face if I ever met him – and bottling it when he walked past me on Chelmsford High St.

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘What is your lifes greatest disappointment?’ is closed to new replies.