Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • What is your favourite…
  • gearfreak
    Free Member

Does anyone else really struggle with what is your favourite…(colour, trail centre, car, band etc etc)
    I can never answer these, I like blue, but I like red and orange as well. Aston’s are great, but Landrovers also have a certain appeal.
    Why do I have to express an absolute when there are many shades of grey??
    Is this just me, or do others struggle with this as well?

(Nearly set up an Apple ID the other day, and I swear ALL the security questions were What is your favourite…, none of which I could answer, so I didn’t open the account)

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have no favourites.

Cougar

Thread added to Favourites.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Daddy or chips?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Does anyone else really struggle with what is your favourite..

This is why it’s really difficult having three children.

wwaswas

What is your favourite…, none of which I could answer, so I didn’t open the account

You don’t have to have an actual favourite.

Just make a choice that you can consistently remember.

benji
    Free Member

I know where you are coming from, it’s an odd concept but it’s peoples obsession with putting things in little boxes heaven forbid anything doesn’t quite fit or conform.

jekkyl

out of all the mini rants on stw, this isn’t my favourite.

jimdubleyou

What’s your favourite subject to be asked about what is your favourite?

binners

I hate everyone and everything equally

langylad
    Free Member

My younger child is definately my favourite

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Tweak is my favourite Octonaut. Bunch o’ munchy crunchy carrots.

brakes
    Free Member

Cheryl Cole is my favourite

perchypanther
    Free Member

Tweak is my favourite Octonaut

Nah! Peso for me….. “Flappity Flippers!”

brakes
    Free Member

Tweak is my favourite Octonaut

nah. Captain Barnacles ticks all the man-crush boxes for me.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I always liked the Ginger one in Girls Aloud, admittedly she didn’t’ have the facial attraction of some of the others, but she easily had the best body and she seemed nice.

Anyway, other than 2000 era Girl Bands I’m with OP, my taste changes like the wind, my favourite is whatever I’m in the mood for at the time.

toppers3933
    Free Member

brakes post is my favourite in this thread.

Stevet1
    Free Member

<wife> who’s your favourite spice girl? (apologies for the not so current example, I have even less idea about more current bands)
    <me> I don’t have one
    <wife> but you must, go on which one
    <me> nope couldn’t care less about any of them
    <wife> go on!
    <me> alright what are there names then?
    <wife> blah blah Geri blah blah
    <me> right – Geri then

Pause….

<wife> why did you pick Geri
    <me> FFS!!

Oh and Kwazi, obviously.

brakes
    Free Member

why did you pick Geri though?

molgrips
    Free Member

I often dont’ have favourites. I have a lot of things I like. I don’t see the need to have a single favourite.

molgrips
    Free Member

Dont’ get me started on Kwazi. He’d be on some major disciplianry hearings if that was my Octopod. He’s consistently showing a flagrant disregard for procedure, and often ignores direct orders. He’s a liability requiring the rest of the crew to put themselves at risk to bail him out.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Kwazi’s reckless but his sea monster yarns would keep you entertained on cold winter evenings, probably second to tweak for me

OK, lets do Gups. I reckon the A is easily the most versatile, good for the school run, reckon it’d take a few bikes in the back too, but for Sunday best B.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Dont’ get me started on Kwazi. He’d be on some major disciplianry hearings if that was my Octopod. He’s consistently showing a flagrant disregard for procedure, and often ignores direct orders. He’s a liability requiring the rest of the crew to put themselves at risk to bail him out.

It’s coz’ he’s a pirate, innit?
    He can’t help it.
    It’s the fundamental nature of your actual pirate to tends towards lawlessness and disobedience and that.

chewkw
    Free Member

My favourite fast food – Fish & Chips …

There you go you know now. 🙄

brakes
    Free Member

OK, lets do Gups.

the narwhal one. because it looks like a narwhal. and whilst it might masquerade as an arctic drilling machine, we all know it’s used by Kwazi for whale hunting when the eco-work dries up.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s coz’ he’s a pirate, innit?

No he’s not, he’s taken the King’s shilling, or whoever the hell funds their research programme.. who you never see or hear of, is rather mysterious and has an awful lot of money.

If Kwazi can’t control his piratical tendencies then he has no place on a disciplined crew operating in a frequently perilous environment, and certainly not as first mate.

Stevet1
    Free Member

But kwazi is the only one who has any balls, everytime theres some vaguely spooky sea creature the rest shit themselves.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s the fundamental nature of your actual pirate to tends towards lawlessness and disobedience and that.

…they can’t help being that way….they just AAAAAARRrrrr!! 😀

IGMC

perchypanther
    Free Member

..also, i’m pretty sure that Cheryl Cole wasn’t in the Octonauts

molgrips
    Free Member

But kwazi is the only one who has any balls

What? He’s always the one crapping himself when he thinks some inoccuous sea creature is a monster. Barnacles is the strong brave one, he’s always putting himself in harm’s way to save some tiny marine invertebrate or other.

brakes
    Free Member

..also, i’m pretty sure that Cheryl Cole wasn’t in the Octonauts

she had a cameo as one of the baby Tree Lobsters

Barnacles is the strong brave one

so brave :swoon:

perchypanther
    Free Member

But kwazi is the only one who has any balls

It would appear not….

From Wikipedia :

Peso is a penguin with a British accent (Spanish accent in the US version) and the medic of the Octonauts. He’s not too fond of scary situations, but if someone is hurt or in trouble he can be the bravest Octonaut of all.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Barnacles is the strong brave one, he’s always putting himself in harm’s way to save some tiny marine invertebrate or other.

They do seem to go to an unfeasonable amount of effort to save some of the creatures. Wonder what the emissions on those Gups is like eh? Also – what is in the fish biscuit recipe? Chopped up Fish that’s what I bet.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

why did you pick Geri though?

Those pics she did definitely made her my favourite.

perchypanther
    Free Member

why did you pick Geri Tweak though?
    Those pics she did definitely made her my favourite

😯

molgrips
    Free Member

what is in the fish biscuit recipe?

They’re made from kelp, they are just in the shape of fish. Keep up. They are all vegetarians on the octopod, which is strange as most of the crew are carnivorous species.

Peso is a penguin with a British accent (Spanish accent in the US version)

I’ve watched US Octonauts, it’s strange because they’ve only dubbed SOME of the voices.

perchypanther
    Free Member

They are all vegetarians on the octopod, which is strange as most of the crew are carnivorous species.

Barnacle’s a vegetarian?? He’s a Polar Bear FFS! The worlds largest land based predator.

Where’s Brian Blessed when you really need him….

Stevet1
    Free Member

They’re made from kelp, they are just in the shape of fish.

Yep sure, if that’s what helps you sleep at night.

stevew
    Free Member

Clearly none of you have seen the Octonauts live stage show?

After that there are no favourites, all are as scary and as trippy as the rest…. Very strange experience

Barnacles was clearly RSC/RADA trained and completely over acted!

molgrips
    Free Member

Of course not!

The books are great though – much trippier than the TV show, very surreal indeed. They pre-date the TV show too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What is your favourite…’ is closed to new replies.