Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • What is your favourite bike of all time?
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

So, what is your favourite? One you’ve owned? One you’ve seen in a shop or on a ride? One you’ve yearned for?

It doesn’t have to be the ‘best’ in terms of how it rides, it could just be a favorite because of what it meant, or means, to you.

Mine is a 1996 Kona Cinder Cone. Just the colour and the look of the thing brings back great memories. My mate had one and I wish I had one now…

RealMan
    Free Member

Also that guy from on here’s bike, the custom ti hardtail thing, with brown spokes and forks. Anyone got a pic of that? Or the thread?

jam-bo

mine.

toys19
    Free Member

My Bfe.

l0key
    Free Member

gotta be the Fulcrum for me

neil853
    Free Member

GT RTS-1, never rode one but lusted after one like you wouldn’t believe, also if its good enough for Jason McRoy, its good enough for me 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

DMR Trailstar

Or any oldish Kona from around 98 – y2k

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Fat chance yo eddy was my favourite when i was younger, but my new Five spot takes some beating!

sunnrider
    Free Member

gotta be the Fulcrum for me

I remember the first time I saw one of those, it looked like it came off the set of terminator. Still looks great.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

l0key – is that the one Missy Giove used to ride? Haven’t seen one in years. 8)

What was the Cannondale that was similar to that, but with upside down triple clamps? May have been a bit oder than Fulcrum?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My mk1 Santa Cruz Chameleon with the very first set of 5″ travel Z1 BAMs in the UK. I was a trendsetter me 🙂

If I ever find it again (was nicked from my garage whilst I was on holiday after less than a year of owning it), I will literally kill the nearest person to it as revenge 😈

ericemel
    Free Member

1996 Cannondale Beast of the East!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

GG – SuperV 4000 DH?

_tom_
    Free Member

My absolute favourite has to be my Federal Division bmx – had so much fun and so many laughs in the time I was riding that bike. Don’t have any photos of it any more as I sold it about 5-6 years ago 🙁

mtb wise it’s my Trailstar though I am liking my Bullit very much.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder – I think that must be the one, cheers! A lad who was sponsored by my local bike shop rode one, must have been back in 96/97.

Looked way ahead of their time!

mountainchub
    Free Member

First time I ever saw a GT LTS Downhill I thought that is beautiful – I wanted one so much as a kid – then I saw a Santa Cruz Super-8 and that was then my favourite! Funny how both are downhill bikes and I ride XC – weird huh.

So i bought a Heckler and decked it out with XC stuff and I love it

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Does anyone remember those Rotwild bikes/frames? Some of those were quite nice, what happened to them?

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

a shitey 80s holdsworth, just seems about perfect fit for me, nice clearances etc. when it finally goes that’s going to be the geometry for the inevitable custom.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Think Rotwild are still going…

l0key
    Free Member

Aye thats the one i remember as well, gold upside down ones but can find piccies anywhere. Super V DH as DaveyBoy said

If i find a fulcrum for sale thats going on my wall. Stuff paintings, the fulcrum is a work of art.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Think Rotwild are still going…

They’ve ruined themselves!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

i always liked the GT Lobo DH

and Palmer’s Spesh race bike

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Weren’t Fulcrums race-only? Only a few made I think…

rootes1

boring choice it know but:

Ian Collins of MBUK fame had 1when I worked in the same shop as him.

loved the little touches like 1 piece stem/steerer etc

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

rootes1

GT RTS-1, never rode one but lusted after one like you wouldn’t believe, also if its good enough for Jason McRoy, its good enough for me

Rocker Tuned Suspension… memories.. 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Anyone remember these:

PJM1974
    Free Member

I know it’s really boring, but my own 2004 Spesh Enduro is mine. Why?

Because not only did I cut my offroading teeth on it but also because I still ride it and it just keeps getting better. In truth, it’s far better than I am.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

PJM1974 – That’s as good a reason as any.

oldgit
    Free Member

Doesn’t look much, but when I was first into cycling the only images you saw of riders was in Cycling Weekly…and that was in black and white. Then when it was Tour time you’d be treated to colour covers.
    An enduring image for me is one of Barry Hoban astride a metalic pink Mercier climbing a sun bleached Alpine road on the front cover of CW.
    Just remembered the only way to follow the tour was weekly in CW or those little 1″ results columns mixed up with Bowls and athletics in the papers.

tazzymtb

Orange 5

TheFopster
    Free Member

Been the same bike since I got interested in cycling.

My next one…

racefaceec90

my new bike 😀 love retro bikes as well as modern ones.my charge is both 😀

xiphon
    Free Member

Patriot LT from 2000.

Now I have one, 10 years later….

ir_bandito
    Free Member

my ’95 cindercone will always have a special place in my heart and home (presently in pieces in the loft) after spending 18 months astride it touring.
    I’m rather partial to my Voodoo D-Jab.

But I love Flameboy’s custom Ti cruiser. With a belt-drive it would be perfect 🙂

And this:

RealMan
    Free Member

LH drive? Why?

santacoops
    Free Member

MarkyG82

I test rode a norco six 1 a few years ago (maybe 5+). First time on a 4bar and lusted after one ever since. could be the setup was JUST how I like it. Nice and soft 🙂

rkk01
    Free Member

I’d like to say one of these…

…but mrs rkk01 says NO

So it will have to be this – best mtb I have ever ridden.

_tom_
    Free Member

Found a Division that’s pretty similar in looks to how mine was. Mine had black cranks/sprocket, a primo balance (still got that in the garage) and both rims were chrome 🙂

I miss it 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘What is your favourite bike of all time?’ is closed to new replies.