Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • What is your favorite bike that you have owned?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

It used to be my orange clockwork from 93, but this has now been superseded by the ns surge I had up until about a week ago.

Totally impractical as it was about 2 sizes too small for me, but so much fun!

chvck
    Free Member

Oddly enough, my NS Surge, it’s 15″ and I’m 6′ but I’ve done quite a few long rides on it and it’s not that bad! (might get a 16″ soon though!). I love it on DH days.

I’ve got some lyriks to put on it now too :D. It’s going to climb utterly, utterly horribly!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My ’95 Marin. Geometry on it is just perfect. Lovely bike….

kudos100
    Free Member

@chvck it truly is a great frame. I had a 15.5 and i’m 6’3 🙂 Ran it with a stupidly long seatpost and still not even close to proper leg extension. I agree it is brilliant for dh.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Cannondale MX Why did I sell it 😥

ton

bontrager privateer in the early/mid 90’s
    and singular swift that i sold last november……….but i got another one now.

angryratio
    Free Member

My first true love was my 2005 GT Zaskar team which was the first thing i built completely on my own.

It was great right until i cracked it just out of warranty.

Simon

The one I was riding this afternoon.

voodoo_chile
    Free Member

gt sts d/h snapped 13 years ago after owning it for 4 days

juiced
    Free Member

my 1st bmx – circa 1980’s

singlespeedstu

The only bike i own that i’d really miss is my Jones.

The rest would be easy to replace with the latest all singing all dancing geometry/compontentry fad bike.

clubber
    Free Member

probably my RM Element. For some reason we.just clicked despite it being a size too small.

Ringo
    Free Member

My indy fab is perfect as you’d expect it to be, it just feels right

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

GT Zaskar LE ….. full XTR ….. late 90`s

Northwind

It is, luckily, one I’ve still got, my Hemlock. It’s taken a fair amount of fettling and experimentation to get it that way but now it’s a pretty well honed tool for making me look like I can ride a bike.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Cervelo RS, it’s just brilliant. ( what do mean it’s a MTB forum? 😛 )

other than that a 90s Rocky Mountain tange prestige steel hardtail that I still have in service as a rigid ss commuter

Rickos
    Free Member

My Kona Howler. Such a fun bike for razzing round the woods. Pretty versatile little thing. Wish I’d never sold it, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

rp16v
    Free Member

fully loving the felt im currentley on

Taff
    Free Member

I would like to say my Haro DHR as it was such a fun bike to ride but then my 96 rockyridge with manitou forks and 517 ceramics was just an awesome bike

Bazz

My 2006 Kona Dawg, it’s heavy and un-fashionable but it just feels right and encourages me to do stupid things whilst appearing to be bomb proof.

trail_rat
    Free Member

MY GF rig but i still own that – cant bring my self to sell it tbh – but it aint built either…..

favorite bike that ive owned that is gone – my 1998 santa cruz heckler that i sold for peanuts to go towards my new zealand trip funds !

big_scot_nanny

Loved my 91 Gary fisher montare. Raised chain stays and the first bike I rode on which a major design element had a very obvious and desirable effect on the ride. Until the seat tube snapped. 🙄

Roadrat is about perfect for what it is, love it.

But my current El Capitan, on a rocky rooty trail, pointing slighty downhill ( natch), is tremendous.

Kev

mbydmt
    Free Member

Cove Stiffee, a love affair I can’t get rid of, just bought my third one after having one nicked and selling one.

morgs
    Free Member

2004 ‘Dale Jekyll. Loved that bike. Can honestly say that I have been fond of the others (Marin Attack Trail, Orange E8 and Schwinn Moab) but for some reason, the Jekyll gets it*.

*Strange as I hardly rode the thing!

cplater1
    Free Member

My current bike – 07 Specialized Hardrock, pretty much all altered, very little original left, but still not totally happy with it.

When I can afford to I plan on swapping all the bits on to a bfe or similar,

oh, and get a road bike aswell!

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Has to be my Scott AFD Pro. I discovered a whole new world of fun and friends, had ‘better’ bikes since but nothing compares to you….I mean it 🙄

AlasdairMc

My 2004 Enduro. I keep coming back to it, I’ve bought two others since I got it yet feel it’s the one I’ve put the most work into and it’s the best fit for me. It’s heavy, but I’d much rather a heavier bike that keeps me comfy than a lighter one that doesn’t.

dans160
    Free Member

My intense slopestyle. It’s gone through a number of guises and many part changes but it’s just bloody brilliant.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Orange Evo 2 my do it all bike. Currently ” resting” as forks need new seals, but i’d never get rid off as it s just been such great fun.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

18″ original Inbred. Too small for me so I got a red 20″ slidy drop out inbred but it wasn’t as nice, then I got a summer season but it chain sucked itself to death. Lynskey 456ti now which is possibly the best bike I’ve ever had but I still miss the feel of the original 18″ inbred

oldgit
    Free Member

My old Gios with full Campag. Bought it new and raced it in the late 80’s it was the creme de la creme in the day.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Most people’s answer seems to be the first bike the saved or worked hard to get… Carefully chosen bits slowly upgraded. Even subsequent “better” , “newer” bikes don’t capture that feeling. For me it’s my ibis ti mojo from 94. We’ve been a long way together and I wouldn’t sell it.

chainslapp
    Free Member

This was mine, 99 Mount Vision and before the days Marin were “uncool” and you had to wear a beard and sandals. Loved riding this in the peaks and lakes and took it down the Fort William down hill course too which was interesting.

hambl90
    Free Member

My current one, an 06/07 Santa cruz blur, I’ve always wanted one and I finally bought this one 2nd hand earlier this year and I’m very happy with it .

tinman66
    Free Member

Love my Cove Stiffee, could never bring myself to sell it because of the way it laps up techy single track. Awesome.

My Lynskey Ridgeline 29 Rohloff.
    It’s had some problems, but it’s just about spot on for what I want.

donsimon
    Free Member

An old GT Avalanche.

_tom_
    Free Member

Federal Division bmx. Haven’t ridden one since that feels as good, but maybe I’m just looking at it through rose tinted specs. mtb wise I would say my Bullit as it’s so much fun to ride downhill. Not too slack or long on the wheelbase so it jumps really easily now I’ve set up the shock properly.

Blower
    Free Member

bsa road bike when i was a kid,

tazzymtb

my custom dave lloyd from the late 80’s and now my ellsworth and my salsa selma, both bikes that I really lusted after and the ride as been as better than I could have hoped for

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘What is your favorite bike that you have owned?’ is closed to new replies.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

Latest Singletrack podcast episode is now live - Talking about warranties - Listen now