Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 178 total)
  • what is your fav JoBurt cartoon
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

So what news on The Book?

I loved the recent one where the UST milk coats everyone as Mint waits for the tyre to seal. Reminds me of an incident on the Bucks 100 a couple of years ago…..and why I still use tubes
    😆

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I'd love to think thats how my lads reacted when I got them their bikes.

JoB
    Free Member

hullo,
    if this thread could be resurrected at least once a year to remind me that after 20+ years it's well worth keeping going with Mint then that would be great 🙂

i am apt to go all humble an stare at my shoes when people say they like the cartoon, but for people to get emotionally affected by it, well, that's the highest accolade you can give to any piece of work, thank you, and it means in many ways that my work here is done

some new artwork for The Book is down there (points) in an A3 envelope, i work on it when there's a gap in the jobs that pays the bills, one day it will appear, one day
    actually i'll do some work on it later today, just because of this thread

oh, and Summer makes a fleeting appearance in next months episode

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Cut to the chase.

WHAT DO WE HAVE TO PAY TO GET MINT IN SINGLETRACK?

Apart from buying MBUK that is.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Is it wrong to say that Summer give's me the horn? Too late now.

iDave
    Free Member

i have three non-mtb related orignials, painted by Mr Burts svelt hand, ready to be used in a kids book i was am possibly will finish writing – started 5 years ago. they're unsigned otherwise i could have just scanned them and sold the originals on ebay.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I second the plea for the defection of Mint to the magazine that holds true to the sentiment of The Sauce!

Who do we have to convince? Should we set up a petition?

bigyinn
    Free Member

To me the summer landscapes Jo creates just scream of the South Downs, which i guess is what they're based on given Jo is in B Right On IIRC.

DaRC_L

I thought he was in West Hove Actually….
    IGMC 😆
    But yes Mint in ST would be fab

Eddie_fb
    Free Member

Another vote for a book, do a nicely bound coffee table type book, and I'll quite happily pay £30-40 ish for it? Would be great in the depths of winter to haul it out, and get excited for the onset of summer.
    And that one where Mint's Dad give him his first bike makes me well up, and think of me own dad, now gone. Thanks for that, Mr. JoB. 😉

grahamt1980

The dad ones get me too.
    Would love a book too

Northwind

I love this one:

THE DEMONS!!!

Another buyer for the book here… Please don't **** it up :mrgreen: Being able to buy high quality prints of the archive would be good too.

scotia
    Free Member

i'll buy the book….just give me details etc and i'll pre-order..

rOcKeTdOg

i've never seen the father and son one, glad i started this thread just because of the cartoon on my locker at work all those months ago

Jo, go u!

muddy@rseguy

A book?

A Mint book???

I'll only buy the book if its got titanium bolts (purple anodised, naturally)in the spine…

Still enjoy the "spot the Mint Sauce South Downs location" moments every time I go out riding round Devils Dyke/ Lewes etc. 🙂

tazzymtb

my fave mint cartoon was the one where the flies where driving him mental and ended up wearing a deep sea divers helmet. From many, many, moons ago.
    Still love it now.

and the fantastic fuscia friesian (from memory) was also brilliant.

many thanks Mr Burt you warped my fragile little mind!

mlke
    Free Member

I love the one where Lucy pulls the football away just as he is convinced that this time he is going to kick it.
    that's great.

Oh and one more vote for a book. I'd pay money for it and everything.

Andituk
    Free Member

Thanks for the bike dad makes me emotional too!

This one just makes me smile.

scotia
    Free Member

So JoB…

any news re: book?

cynic-al
    Free Member

JoB – Member
    i am apt to go all humble an stare at my shoes when people say they like the cartoon, but for people to get emotionally affected by it, well, that's the highest accolade you can give to any piece of work, thank you, and it means in many ways that my work here is done

No need to the cartoons, your various trolls re natural trails, disc brakes on road bikes and singlespeeds all get right on my wick!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I was reading through this whole thread (Again) and really, really hoping, with crossed fingers that the last post would be Jo with news on The Book.

But it's not.

So I'll wait longer.

Jo, please don't leave it until it's too late. 🙂

tom84
    Free Member

I think of Jo as a mountain biking version of bonnie prince billy, which is pretty good in my book:
    Book?

It was great to meet him a few years ago.

Pook

I've got 'Just one more hill' up in my bike store bog. Always makes me happy when i see it.

MrSparkle

I still remember 'Handel bars' in Bicycle Action, iirc, circa 1990 p'raps.

16stonepig
    Free Member

This one

I sometimes suffer through rides with people like that. I can get on with the talking bollocks when you're in the car park, or stopped at the pub, but when you're out in the hills, just shut up. Look around you. Listen to the breeze. Pay attention to the trail. If you spend the whole time nattering, you won't remember the ride when you get back home.

rOcKeTdOg

blimey i wondered why i'd got loads of hits on that pic the other day

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"that one where Mint's Dad give him his first bike makes me well up"

Spot on. Reminds me of my dad too.

Diane
    Free Member

I quite like the one where lots of the sheep ask Jo to make them some jewelry and then Jo goes off and sorts it and the sun is shining and everything! 🙂

Riksbar

I just found this again, a custom Mint cartoon with my bike on top of my mates car. Thanks Jo, hope you enjoyed the peaches.

Coyote
    Free Member

Damn you for posting those "dad" ones up. Now I've gone and got something in my eye…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The Book. Get a move on, Jo. I'm not getting any bloody younger…

hora
    Free Member

Where can I buy ready made prints from? my fave of all time is the walking the gangplank (but in reality its the north shore). I cant find it anywhere. Would love that framed.

Someone once said to me they'd met him and hes arrogant. For a bloke to make me tingle when I see some of those strips, well he can be arrogant ALL HE WANTS 😀

scotia
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    The Book. Get a move on, Jo. I'm not getting any bloody younger…

+1 c'mon Jo what do we have to do?

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

only just replaced desktop, 'death with mint on scalextric track' with an autumn mint…no point denying it, soon be winter…

Beautiful work.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Jo – given that getting a book published is no easy task, why not start with selling it electronically say as an app for a smart phone or something? They're doing it with the STW mag so why not with your cartoons.

Oh and being father to a son of just one year, that 'thanks for the bike dad' strip really did bring a tear to my eye.

hora
    Free Member

Or a limited run of prints? I'm in if you do. Does he post on here?

finbar
    Free Member

Jo – given that getting a book published is no easy task, why not start with selling it electronically say as an app for a smart phone or something? They're doing it with the STW mag so why not with your cartoons.

You might as well just look at the thisiswhy.co.uk wesbite if you want an e-book though.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hora, you are obviously NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

JoB – Member
    hullo,
    if this thread could be resurrected at least once a year to remind me that after 20+ years it's well worth keeping going with Mint then that would be great

some new artwork for The Book is down there (points) in an A3 envelope, i work on it when there's a gap in the jobs that pays the bills, one day it will appear, one day
    actually i'll do some work on it later today, just because of this thread

oh, and Summer makes a fleeting appearance in next months episode

hora
    Free Member

Hora, you are obviously NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

Whats new?

Job – I love you man. I truly do. If I ever meet you I will dry-hump your leg like a young Yorkshire Terrier on a plump cushion.

geetee1972
    Free Member

If I ever meet you I will dry-hump your leg like a young Yorkshire Terrier on a plump cushion.

Hora you really are quite special aren't you. Is this gift for colourful similie something you've always had or did it develop during puberty?

I saw this with all respect and while I am ROTFL.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘what is your fav JoBurt cartoon’ is closed to new replies.