Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What is wrong with my nose?
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I do not have a cold. In the normal course of events, I rarely have to blow my nose.

Yet the minute I jump on a bike at the moment, I have to let loose snot rockets every 200m or so.

The sheer volume of snot I’m generating – ONLY when riding, is quite unbelieveable. It simply does not cease.

After 3 months of this, its getting very annoying. My poor septum is not happy. It is making riding a bike anywhere a complete PITN (pain-in-the-nose) and very uncomfortable.

The thought of spending 300k on Yr Elenydd having to blow snot rockets to the left and right 1500 times is not welcome.

Any ideas?

Corks?

kayak23

I think it’s the cold. I get it too.
    The worse is in the Sea in my kayak. It’s like a running tap… 😥

Exercise induced rhinitis

benslow
    Free Member

I’m the same.

Worse in winter, but its an all year round thing.

Seems the moment my breathing increases my nasal passages open right up and out it comes !

Have been like that forever though.

Oh, and only one nostril affected bizarrely.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Learn to do the trick where you can blow snot our of your nose like rugby players do. I can’t seem to do this and end up with a huge streak of snot across my face, but others seem to have no problem with it.

ahwiles
    Free Member

stop drinking milk.

wwaswas

I’ve been leaving a snail trail behind me for the past few weeks.

Noses run in my family, though.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Wobbliscott, I’m an adept snot rocket deployer …

ahwiles – interesting. You think this is a marginal lactose intolerance thing? I might try that.

Dosn’t really sound like there is an easy answer 🙁

tacopowell
    Free Member

stop drinking milk.

+1
    I suffer from sinusitis now and then but exercise combined with cold weather makes it worse, I replaced the pint of semi-skinned for coconut milk, slightly dearer but has made a hell of a difference.

ahwiles
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero – Member

ahwiles – interesting. You think this is a marginal lactose intolerance thing? I might try that.

i’m totally not sure.

but drinking milk is a pretty weird thing for an adult mammal to be doing.

if i drink milk/eat cheese, most of it seems to to turn to snot, which tastes of milk.

‘s very odd, and messy…

yunki
    Free Member

what does it smell like..?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

tampon up each nostril?

andyl
    Free Member
    ahwiles
    Free Member

interesting reading, but not applicable in this case.

in those links, people with colds who drank milk were compared against people with colds who didn’t drink milk.

conclusion: people with colds are snotty, even if they’re not drinking milk.

the OP doesn’t have a cold.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What is wrong with my nose?’ is closed to new replies.