Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What is wrong with my iPad?
  • beefheart
    Free Member

I bought a new iPad Pro from curry’s a couple of months ago.

It hasn’t been dropped and has only been charged with the included adaptor, but the screen went black whilst using it and for the last couple of hours it has been repeatedly restarting with a multitude of colours.

Is it Fubar’d?

I suppose I’ll have to take it back to the retailer. Am I obliged to accept a repair, or can I insist on an exchange?

Drac

It’s an Apple book an appointment with your Apple store they will take a look at it for you.

big_scot_nanny

Certainly sounds fubarred, but before you either take it to Apple store or return, have you tried plugging it into iTunes? Sometimes that can sort stuff out, but yes, doesn’t look great!

onandon
    Free Member

Go direct to Apple for help. They will probably replace with a new one and you’ll be on your way.

in the past Apple have been awesome when I’ve had issues with their products.

andyl
    Free Member

nealglover
    Free Member

Apple store for me any time I have a problem. No point involving the retailer as their service is guaranteed not to be as good as the Apple Store. (Mine is 2 minutes from the office though, not everyone has one so close obviously)

They will fix on the spot or replace with new in my experience. Either way you will leave with a working iPad on the first visit.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Go online and get them to call you and collect it to repair.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I suppose I’ll have to take it back to the retailer. Am I obliged to accept a repair, or can I insist on an exchange?

Under Consumer Rights Act within 6 months, it’s presumed faulty and they have to replace or repair, your choice. Though they can argue repair if it’s cheaper. They have one shot at it and if you’re not satisfied you can get your money back. The contract here is with the retailer though. Ps if it was within 30 days you could just get your money back.

But as said, Apple are probably good at sorting it out. It’s what you’re paying for.

bearnecessities

Cougar

Under Consumer Rights Act within 6 months, it’s presumed faulty and they have to replace or repair, your choice. Though they can argue repair if it’s cheaper.

Everything else you’ve said is correct but this isn’t quite right.  You can state a choice of course, but the retailer is under no obligation to honour that choice.  They just have to rectify the fault without significant inconvenience to the customer.

As you say, the contract of sale is with the retailer and it’s their responsibility, not Apple’s, to resolve the issue.  However as others have said, Apple being Apple the OP will probably get a swifter resolution dealing direct with them as their customer service is excellent (doubly so given that the retailer is Currys).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What is wrong with my iPad?’ is closed to new replies.