Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • What is this damn Creak!!
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Creak was there before and after new BB. New one is Hope, old one SRAM.

Poopscoop

Go full nuclear. Nut and bolt strip down.

I might have asked this earlier in the thread though…. But when bike is drenched with water does the noise stop?

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’d try a different seatpost.

rusty90
    Free Member

Go full nuclear. Nut and bolt strip down.

Did this myself on the full suss. All the bearings, shock, pivots, BB, headset, everything. The creak was still there after the rebuild. Finally tracked it down to the cable tie holding the rear mech cable to the chainstay.

jayx2a
    Free Member

@Poopscoop was out on a wet ride (well sloppy mud ride) at the weekend and TBH I don’t remember it making any noise, which is odd.

Poopscoop

^^ When bike is dry, get a spray bottle with water in (a bit of washing up liquid too if you want)… And spray small specific parts at a time. Ride a little… See if noise has gone…Repeat till you find the creak.

Hopefully.👍

I did this once to find a creak on a Marin QUAD 2 years back.

reeksy

I have similar noises from XD cassette interface with a freehub. Such an annoying thing.

And the tip above with the water – that’s the way to go!

Gunz
    Free Member

I won’t ask your age on here but try a few deep squats off the bike, it could be your knees (cod liver oil goes some way to help).

andyeez
    Free Member

+1 for free hub bearings, just serviced mine and no more creaks, could have sworn it was the bb initially

jayx2a
    Free Member

Well I did loads of stripping down and re greasing on Friday and I didn’t appear to have any creaks today! It was only 5 miles so will go for a longer ride tomorrow and see if it returns!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What is this damn Creak!!’ is closed to new replies.