Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What is the most accurate way to calculate what your calorific intake needs to b
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Wanting to lose some weight so need to know ACCURATELY what i should be eating calorie wise. I don’t want the ball park 2500 for a bloke etc, want accurate!

monksie
    Free Member

1459 kcal. per 24 hours. I’ve just worked it out for you…it was dead easy. It’s not one bit variable. Homeostasis? Forget it. I just thought of a number and boom!
    Wanna buy some diet pils?

Now for the serious answer. There are far too many variables from one minute to the next to get one magical number. Even if you worked it out so that your temperature, heart rate, sympathetic nervous system blah, blah were all constant, what if the wind was blowing behind you when you parked the car and walked up the drive but you based your calculations on a head wind? Arse! No weight loss today then?

Jamie
    Free Member

Pfft! Idiot!

It’s 1467kcal, Rob.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lol, just used a calculator on tinternet – 2100 for slow steady weight loss without a detrimental effect (as such) on muscle. Sounds right to me 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Why not just pick a number and stick to that for a period of time. Then see if your weight has changed. Based on 3500 kcal in one lb of fat you should be able to work it out.

monksie
    Free Member

Bollocks! Jamie has it. I forgot about the weight saving following a fart.

bigdean

Easy, cut your evening meal by a third, no food after 6 or 7. Fruit instaed of sweets and crisps, up exercise by a third. Oh proper food, veg, meat, fruit e.t.c. as little processed as possible.

Bregante

Bollocks! Jamie has it. I forgot about the weight saving following a fart.

Hmm, I’m not sure about that.

The major components of the flatus by percentage are:[4]

Nitrogen – 20% – 90%
    Hydrogen – 0% – 50%
    Carbon Dioxide – 10% – 30%
    Oxygen – 0% – 10%
    Methane – 0% – 10%

Nitrogen, Hydrogen and Methane are all lighter than air so surely you gain weight slightly following a fart, no?

monksie
    Free Member

no food after 6 or 7 Why? Isn’t food allowed to stay up late?

Bregante delivers the killer knock out blow!

Jamie
    Free Member

Isn’t food allowed to stay up late?

The problem is it turns into a pumpkin after midnight. Pumpkins are full of sugar. Sugar is bad.

soobalias
    Free Member

a calculator on tinternet – 2100 for slow steady weight loss without a detrimental effect

seems to have told you what you wanted to hear

stick to that for 12 weeks and then see how its working and if you need/want to adjust up/down

slowmart
    Free Member

My fitness pal app for I phone.

It virtually has every food on there with associated calories. It also accrues calorie expenditure during the day.

Top app 🙂

leffeboy

Nitrogen, Hydrogen and Methane are all lighter than air so surely you gain weight slightly following a fart, no?

Fool, that’s only at atmospheric pressure. At the standard internal pressure of 200psi they are much heavier than air

sadexpunk
    MrOvershoot

bigdean – Member

Easy, cut your evening meal by a third, no food after 6 or 7.

Don’t get home till nearly 7 most nights 9 if I go for a ride.

LabMonkey
    Free Member

OP – drop me an email. You need a metabolic assessment. I can help with that.

philjunior
    Free Member

Sort of echoing the above, you aren’t going to be able to accurately determine how much food you need, or exactly how many calories are going in.

Just don’t eat anything sugary to avoid being hungry all the time, or remove a proportion of what you would eat – a significant proportion if you’ve been putting on weight or are wishing to lose a lot of weight.

And remember your weight can fluctuate quite a bit, so no point weighing yourself more than once a week, try and do it at a consistent time of day. Post morning dump, for example.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

A good estimate is:

3/Katch-McArdle:
    Considered the most accurate formula for those who are relatively lean. Use ONLY if you have a good estimate of your bodyfat %.
    BMR = 370 + (21.6 x LBM)Where LBM = [total weight (kg) x (100 – bodyfat %)]/100

druidh
    Free Member

Who to? And how should I wrap it?

petrieboy

Sumo wrestlers eat at night and go straight to bed. They don’t do this to reduce body fat……

Also, calories are not a very good measure in isolation so i wouldnt get to hung up on it. Don’t eat bad stuff, eat as much good stuff as you like. A little light exercise and you’ll bee rest.

(Lost 2st earlier this year using a *diet* that used to be a common topic in here)

djglover
    Free Member

Put less food on the plate and go for a run before hand

Its the idjglover diet

Jamie
    Free Member

OP – drop me an email. You need a metabolic assessment. I can help with that.

I’ll have a metabolic assessment if you’re handing them out for free, Labmonkey 😉

Pieface

If you don’t already….

Cut out sugary food and crisps, repalce with fruit / nuts / rice cakes.
    Beware the calories in fruit juice.
    Switch to skimmed milk.
    Cut down on beer, drink wine instead if you need to.
    Replace your lunch with a big salad you’ve made / know what’s in it. No dressing.
    Pudding is a treat.

If you can get up early, have a cup of black coffee and then do some exercise.
    Weights for upper body good to increase lean muscle mass.

timidwheeler

Post morning dump, for example.

Who to? And how should I wrap it?

I presume you post it to Labmonkey….
    Please wrap it in something leakproof.

LabMonkey
    Free Member

I presume you post it to Labmonkey….

or…

No sealed bags required.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What is the most accurate way to calculate what your calorific intake needs to b’ is closed to new replies.