• This topic has 4,393 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by chives.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,681 through 3,720 (of 4,394 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A new YouTube channel to host better versions of my old videos and the new stuff I hope to create. Only two videos at the moment to test the idea here first.

Are you bored enough to spare me a minute?

So tempted to visit some of the people on this thread and film what they do too.

kayak23

That’s a beauty @ajantom 👏

rbc87
    Free Member

I like watching those ‘restoration’ vids and you know when you say to yourself bet I could do that, anyway this is what happened:

512 bbi restoration

ferrari 512 bbi ratarossa

Full video here:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Nice

walowiz

@ajantom

A new guitar.
    Bit like a Fender Esquire (single pickup telecaster) but more rock 🤘

That’s some outstanding skills there. Fantastic work and beautiful looking guitar.

How long does it take you to make your own guitar?

sirromj

Roger Musson truing stand finally finished*, taken months and months. Went to more effort for this than my usual hasty constructions as wanted it to look and feel the part. Just need to learn how to use it. I’m sure I will find some really important procrastination to do instead however.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaanE_-smVS

* errr yeah not done the spacing guide for the uprights yet.

colournoise

@sirromj Nice work. Here you go. EDIT. Not really needed any more.

ajantom

@walowiz

That’s some outstanding skills there. Fantastic work and beautiful looking guitar.
    How long does it take you to make your own guitar?

Cheers 😊
    In this case not too long. I bought a body blank, and then routed out what I needed.

The neck was bought too, with an uncut headstock, so just needed to cut the shape and drill for tuners.

Then sanded and shaped the body (belly cut and neck heel) and finished with a couple of coats of Osmo Polyx-oil.

Longest time was probably spent getting the scratch plate right on the laser cutter. Did about 8 versions in card first to get it spot on.

Soldering and fitting the hardware was pretty easy. Did forget to put a ground wire on the bridge though.

Maybe 6-7 hours all in.

I did another guitar build from scratch a couple of years ago that was probably 20+ hours though.

I teach DT, so have a workshop, and will put in an hour here there. So my projects tend to be stretched over a few weeks or longer.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think this painting is finished. This will be the fourth time this week it has been finished. The hardest thing after starting a painting is stopping, especially when it is a bespoke commission like this.

Client request was for a 6 foot by 2 foot coastal scene with bright colours and a naive style similar to a couple other paintings of mine that they had seen. I did a quick, small example to agree the basic composition and then went big. The pink sail and Audi A3 behind the pub are their requests to reflect their car and yacht. The pub is The Ship in Lymington, the lighthouse is at the head of Beaulieu river near Lepe and the side road by the pub is from Highcliffe – all slightly altered rather than exact copies.

Now I just need to get it out of my attic studio and on=to a wall in the house so it can be photographed better and is ready for them to collect. I am really hoping I don’t damage it squeezing it through the loft hatch and that they like it enough to pay the other half when they actually see it for the first time. Slightly nervous as there is at least one more probably big commission from them and they were discussing what other paintings they would like for the other rooms in their new house – “Wouldn’t it be fun to have the same artist decorate all the rooms darling!”

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Brought the painting down now it is fully dried and is resting on a bed. It is a big bugger

kiwijohn

soc
    I dropped my socket set & shattered the plastic insert.
    1 foam mat & a bit of kraftwerk & it’s better than the original.

redthunder
    Free Member

baby yoda

Note. I started….but discovered my crochet skills were lacking. An expert crochet’er stepped in and finished the job. Sort of a collab 🙂

and I made the eyes 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

@rbc87
    Great job, very impressive.

But, I did like the orginal barn find look car :).. Bit Henry Cole.

Merak

kayak23

Wheel Of Fortune, for a local gaming company offices.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Kayak what are you going to tell your dad if that wheel lets you down?

kayak23

Kayak what are you going to tell your dad if that wheel lets you down?

My love is my engine, and you might be fuel?….You know, off the top of my head.

Rich_s

27.5″? Bet it makes the games come alive.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A peaceful evening “Sunset Over the Lake”

yetidave
    Free Member

That’s lovely WCA, however the forestry manager needs to sort some of those hanging trees out…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

To be honest, I think they were more concerned about Armageddon happening just behind them and the twist in reality where the water reflects the trees pretty accurately but not the sky at all 🙂

Retrodirect
    Free Member
    joshvegas
    Free Member

Anyone else I’d say “why?”
    But not you Colin, that’s exactly the kind of thing I expect.

How is it staying on with the bead sticking out like that?!

stwhannah

I love those tyres! My partner used to do something similar, but the other way round – knobbly to slick, for riding Slickrock.

For the ‘there’s a website?’ camp, Back From The Dead is largely about making stuff from bits of stuff: https://singletrackworld.com/2022/03/back-from-the-dead-the-toolbox-of-tricks/

walowiz

@WorldClassAccident

A peaceful evening “Sunset Over the Lake

Like that a lot.

Sandwich

@Retrodirect Please note the post of World Class Accident is now taken, thank you for your interest at this time! 😉

Sandwich

Got a 10 flour sampler box from Matthews Mill this week. First out of the box is a dark Rye Bread. Coloured with blackstrap molasses and has a faint treacly aftertaste. Mrs S and I used it for a cheese bake dip tea last night and gave it a good hammering. Very, very crusty from being cooked in a cast iron pot. Used the 2 minutes mix, 5 minutes rest technique from the hand made loaf book which gives a very moist and light crumb.

Crusty Rye Bread

Crumb Shot

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

@Retrodirect & @Sandwich It wasn;t a sales pitch but…

…if you are interested PM me and I will send size and possible options

Northwind

So, I put up a big shed, but it doesn’t have anything at the top of the barge boards, I was going to just cut a standard wooden diamond but then I spotted the little tiki ornament that my brother brought back for me from his travels, and thought that’d be nice. Except I didn’t want to put that one outside, so I made one

3d printed the basic model, sprayed it with a few coats of filler- decided just to leave it with some print marks since it looks almost like grain on most of it (except the nose!) Grabbed some modelling paints, brown then a quick wash to give it shadows and a drybrush to weather it. Turned out not bad! Just got to clearcoat it now and then it can be nailed to the shed to protect it or bless it or whatever tikis do

Rich_s

Pallet wall in my office. Sourcing the pallets was surprisingly hard. It’s backlit by some LEDs which are multicolour and can be sound activated.

View post on imgur.com

sc-xc

Nice *

I also spent last weekend doing the same to my study. Pallets on the wall, desktop and shelves from scaffold boards.

I was hungover when I started again on Sunday morning. Grabbed the Tim of varnish to do the desk top, got 2 thirds of the way through before realising I was using the black radiator paint I’d bought at the same time 🙄.

Finished painting it, sanded it down and put the varnish on…luckily it turned out ok.

Rich_s

Like that finish on the scaffold boards. Is that the varnish or the radiator paint causing an effect?

Northwind

Love that finish! Happy little accidents.

kayak23

Loving the Tiki Northwind. That’ll look grand on a gable end. 😊👍

avdave2

Nice finish on the desk but my god the cutting in around the door frame and skirting board, that was clearly while you were shit faced rather than just hung over! 😊

sc-xc

I’ve just passed your feedback onto my wife who did the painting. She confirms that she was indeed shitfaced after several proseccos…

WillH

Following McMoonter on instagram means there are frequent pics of his wood sheds and holzhausen, so I got inspired to have a go…

Holzhausen

It’s a very satisfying thing to build.

kayak23

😊👌

willard

I need to try one of those. My current woodpile is on a 4×3 pallet base under a tarp and about 2m tall, but will need moving in spring so that i can split and stack the rounds I moved before winter.

The shed is basically full, so it will have to be _not_ in the shed.

I need a new wood shed.

kimura54321

Not super pretty but 100% curious cat proof removable boxing to cover the flexi waste from our new loo. Adopted two rescue cats just after and they get absolutely everywhere! 😭

Viewing 40 posts - 3,681 through 3,720 (of 4,394 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.