• This topic has 3,333 replies, 265 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by dyna-ti.
Viewing 11 posts - 3,321 through 3,331 (of 3,331 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • Premier Icon dmorts

I expect to see you chatting to George Dawes on telly sometime soon Phil.

He’s a baby? Do you mean George Clark?

Premier Icon bearnecessities

did they survive BEar?

It did prevent freezing, mostly, but one tadpole baby was irreversibly stuck to the bubble-wrap and it felt like
    an unnecessarily complicated solution, so last night I went with my original thought of just “stick a B&Q bucket over it and place a brick on top” and I have to say that was much better idea.

Premier Icon lankystreakofpee

Made a rough and ready manual machine with my daughter today.

I was going to buy the timber I needed but decided to make it out of offcuts I had in the garage including some skirting board, a bit of MDF and some rough sawn 4×2.

Is it perfect? No. Is it twice as good because my daughter made most of the cuts with a handsaw drilled most of the pilot holes, countersunk the screws and screwed the screws in. YES!

It will give me that warm fuzzy feeling each time I use it. I’m sure I still won’t be able to manual but it was a fun afternoon 🙂

Premier Icon Rich_s

Tempted to have a go making one of those @lankystreakofpee

Any tips or particular measurements that are important or critical?

Premier Icon Rich_s

Nerf gun rack in slatwall under #1 son’s bed.
    gun rack

Premier Icon lankystreakofpee

@Rich_s to be honest the measurements are a result of what I had lying around ‘just in case’ in the garage. I probably would have gone wider on the wings and used a bit of 6×2 for the base and the upright but we made it up as we went along.

I did watch some videos on YouTube for inspiration and a lot of them have a long base. The one that caught my eye was this one from Kyle Warner as his was more compact and still seemed to work OK.

Premier Icon mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I did watch some videos on YouTube for inspiration and a lot of them have a long base. The one that caught my eye was this one from Kyle Warner as his was more compact and still seemed to work OK

You know that link goes to Baby Monkey (Going Backwards on a Pig) right?

Premier Icon Murray

@Rich_s, love the Matrix wall. Reminds me of this:

Premier Icon ads678
    Free Member

You know that link goes to Baby Monkey (Going Backwards on a Pig) right?

🤣🤣

Premier Icon sirromj

This ramp/hump thing for me on my trials bike and my 4yo on his balance bike. Made from old some pallets that roofing tiles came on I was offered. Fun taking the nails out. Wasn’t as simple a project as I first thought, took longer than I hoped. Stable for regular rolling over but not so much when load comes from other directions.

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

@Lanky
    What exactly is a ‘manual machine’ Im a bit lost as to it’s function. I must have missed the ‘manual’ thread.

Viewing 11 posts - 3,321 through 3,331 (of 3,331 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.