It did prevent freezing, mostly, but one tadpole baby was irreversibly stuck to the bubble-wrap and it felt like
an unnecessarily complicated solution, so last night I went with my original thought of just “stick a B&Q bucket over it and place a brick on top” and I have to say that was much better idea.
@Rich_s to be honest the measurements are a result of what I had lying around ‘just in case’ in the garage. I probably would have gone wider on the wings and used a bit of 6×2 for the base and the upright but we made it up as we went along.
I did watch some videos on YouTube for inspiration and a lot of them have a long base. The one that caught my eye was this one from Kyle Warner as his was more compact and still seemed to work OK.
This ramp/hump thing for me on my trials bike and my 4yo on his balance bike. Made from old some pallets that roofing tiles came on I was offered. Fun taking the nails out. Wasn’t as simple a project as I first thought, took longer than I hoped. Stable for regular rolling over but not so much when load comes from other directions.