• This topic has 4,400 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,161 through 3,200 (of 4,401 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • kayak23

What are those hinges called mr kayak

‘Soss hinges’
    Also very good when frozen for hammering into folks lawns.

Sausages

mc
    Free Member

I made some offset shock mount hardware.

Offset hardware

Just need to make some spacers, then I can test it.

kiwijohn

ss
    Whipped up a rustic table from wine barrel staves.
    tricky to get the angles right, because nothing is straight or square & I only had a jigsaw.
    I might make a chair next when I can get another barrel.

RustyNissanPrairie

Premier Icon
    kayak23

They’re lovely Rusty. Are they plasma cut or cnc cut or something?

Thanks. The hooks are laser cut from 10mm mild steel but then need a lot of work radiusing the edges so they don’t damage the coats hanging loop.

tthew

That table looks like it’s still pissed from the wine!

Great job though, love the way it retains the colour of its previous life.

MrPottatoHead

SlingPuck

Still some work needed to tidy it up but my son was too impatient and wanted to play. Great simple fun!

Sandwich

Baking

Rice pudding cake (Nigella recipe from programme 6)

Baking

vanilla kipferl

kayak23

Making some kitchenware from an idea I had using birch plywood.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Glimpse of a Mermaid

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Ice and Fire

somafunk

I like those WCA, especially the ice & fire. How did you do them?

Nick

Massive (3lb) Pork Pie

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kjVnEw]Untitled[/url] by nickgilling, on Flickr

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I like those WCA, especially the ice & fire. How did you do them?

I paint them :-). To you see the profile of the man in the top right half of the canvas. whitish hair and blue face. Bit of a Roman nose but otherwise quite good

It is my variation on the classic Dutch pour where I don’t use the paint cushion, just the primary colours.

All for sale at very reasonable rates. PM me 🙂

BigJohn

I just looked up Soss hinges, thinking I might have a use for a couple.
    Then I saw the price – ooh dear.
    Then I saw the price of the jig needed to fit them – ooh, crikey!

kayak23

I just looked up Soss hinges, thinking I might have a use for a couple.
    Then I saw the price – ooh dear.
    Then I saw the price of the jig needed to fit them – ooh, crikey!

Soss is I think the original brand, as you might say Hoover. There are of course copies.
    The ones I used are from Sds London and about 13 quid for 3.

You don’t need to buy a jig to fit them.
    I made a jig similar to what a door lock cutting jig looks like using a 30mm guide bush on my router.
    You just need two slots, a short deeper one, and a longer shallow one.

Another way is to do a drop on cut on a table router but this is much harder to set up and a bit more dangerous.

Foldaside hinges at SDS London

duncancallum

Is it wrong to covet another mans pie?

ctk
    Free Member

Love that wine barrel table. Would make an even better chair or stool imo.

Ply/oak kitchen set is a beaut also.

sadexpunk

cant take the credit for this one but i thought you creative types might appreciate the christmas present our son-in-law made for us.
    its a ‘rum dispenser/lamp fireman’ made from gas pipe connections and the like, all a bit steampunk. i love it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well with Glimpse of a Mermaid possible sold now the wife suggested I do something similar for this picture.

But I was wondering about “We’re going to need a bigger boat”

kayak23

That whisky dispenser is dope sadexpunk. Very clever 👌😊

alric
    Free Member

last thing I remember making, Is a bit of plastic taped on the end of the rear mudguard, so it actually keeps all the mud and water off my back/pack
    Admittedly not much use riding through floods where you cant see the path, nor the bridge, and…..
    …and the gopro stopped working about 5 seconds before I was due to hit the bridge, so no pictures, my apologies

ajantom

Not so much made, as improved dramatically 😆

Turned a 29er crud catcher from an okish rear mudguard into a very good rear guard.

Added an extension, so it’s actually long enough, and some stays (from a broken road crudguard) so it doesn’t flap around from side to side.

Much, much better!

andy8442
    Free Member

I recently laid a concrete slab base for my new greenhouse. It’s so absolutely p!$$ poor I won’t amuse you all with a photo.

footflaps

Since I can’t ride (torn glute), I’ve been tidying up the workshop gym.

Shelves for kettlebells and dumbbells:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kmaFDh]Kettlebell and Dumbbell storage[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

Vertical rack for the Olympic Bars…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2km6hfx]Olympic Bar Rack[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

asbrooks

A record cabinet

cabinet

Why is it so difficult to ad a link to an image from my instagram feed…

ebygomm
    Free Member

I really need to find something to make that’s more useful than crochet soft toys

Crochet Sloth

ebygomm
    Free Member

Crochet pterodactyl

leegee

Is that a teradactyll or a dragon? either way I think it’s fantastic.

ebygomm
    Free Member

It’s a Pterodactyl

slowol

I really need to find something to make that’s more useful than crochet soft toys

But it would be very difficult to make something more cute. Useful can be overated, even Marie Kondo says keep the things that bring you joy and how could a knitted sloth in a bobble hat not do?

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve started to get back into golf as my riding group are now all on ebikes except me.
    Thought I would have a go at making a putter. Just need to fit the shaft & grip and can take it for a spin..
    putt1
    putt2
    putt3
    putt4

wysiwyg
    Free Member

ebygomm> how much for a Sloth?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I know this has come up before* but they are totally sellable.

* I think you said something about safety? If they are your designs even the patterns mights be of interest.

Bunnyhop

ebygomm – I love your soft toys. You are talented.

bigyan
    Free Member

All for sale at very reasonable rates. PM me

PM sent, can you let me know if it does not appear?

thanks

househusband

My wife’s Christmas present; the most challenging thing I have ever made – still far from complete with more grinding and cleaning up to do! Design is bought from Etsy (Joshua De Lisle, an arty blacksmith) and a friend plasma cut the twenty parts from 1.6mm cold rolled steel:

heid1

heid2

ebygomm
    Free Member

There is very little talent to crocheting soft toys from a pattern, you basically need to know one stitch and be able to count!

Creating patterns is probably where the skill lies. I’ve only ever made one thing without a pattern, but I prefer not having to think too much, it’s my whilst watching tv activity (I’m incapable of just sitting and watching t.v. without doing something else as well these days). The Pterodactyl was made whilst binge watching Ozark.

Sale wise there are all sorts of hoops to jump through to be able to legally sell plus if you cost the time they take they’d be extortionate. At the moment I just make as gifts.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sale wise there are all sorts of hoops to jump through to be able to legally sell plus if you cost the time they take they’d be extortionate. At the moment I just make as gifts.

I sell my paintings. Not for very much but enough to cover the paint and materials plus a little drinking money.

If you sell you crochet “sculptures” with clear instructions that these are not toys and should be kept away from anyone under three then you should be legally covered and while it won’t cover the time, it should cover the wool. I recently sold a picture for £220 and worked out I was getting paid about £2 per hour before I took away the costs of materials.

footflaps

Having spent far too many hours watching carpentry videos on Youtube over the holiday, I decided to make a DIY MFT Table. Only had one sheet of Ply, so only made the top so far – have to wait for builders merchants to open on Monday before I can buy some more.

Peter Millard routed the top in 7 minutes using the Festool LR32 rail, however I didn’t have one, so it was far more laborious, but I quite of enjoyed the whole thing and hand drilled – one hole caught the bit and is a bit gouged, but the rest are ok….

Spent ages marking it out…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2koahWn]DIY MFT Table[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

Really wanted a Forstner bit, but didn’t have one, so just used a spade thing.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2koeHYN]DIY MFT Table[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

And then routed it a bit to clean up the holes.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2koeHYn]DIY MFT Table[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

Bench dogs arrive Monday / Tuesday, then I can see how good / bad it actually is in terms of being square….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A couple more paintings before I go back to work plus I have a 20″ x 30″ in progress in the studio which was looking promising when I left it last night. Will continue when it warms a bit.

Finished “As She Dives”

Irritated by Brexit, explanation on the website : “Borderline Madness”

This still needs final varnish and framing “Big Skies and Long Roads”

Anger at how we treat the planet and our resources : “Toxic – If it don’t burn then dump in the Sea”

It is only when I list them that I realise how much time I have spent painting recently. Check out NickArtStuff.com for the approximate prizes and sizes. The newest ones aren’t up there yet but will be similar to the rest.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,161 through 3,200 (of 4,401 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.