• This topic has 4,400 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 4,401 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • kayak23

Gutting to lose a bike. New door looks nice and beefy! 👌😊

Sandwich

3×2 treated framework and 4×1 panelling and bracing. Plus lots of stainless screws, lots and lots of screws.

fruitbat

Fed up with squirrels destroying cheap bird feeders so decided to make my own.

Mesh is 1.2mm stainless so hopefully too tough for the squirrels. Other bits are aluminium so none of it will rust.

Bird Feeder

rene59
    Free Member

That looks great fruitbat!

sirromj

I needed a pair of bleeding blocks for a Magura MT7 brake today so made them out of some pine which happened to be very close to the right thickness. Cut it into a pair of wedges, so they won’t fall straight through. Needed to sand the face of each to get them to fit, then sanded a leading chamfer on both faces of each block and then lightly sanded all the sharp edges off. Worked a treat, was tempted to photograph them but can’t be bothered now.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Our local fruit farmer gave me three plums (Marjorie’s Seeders) and before gobbing them I took a few  pics meaning to try a still-life study with oils on aluminium

Finally getting it together.   The cost of decent tubes of oil paint gave me the vapours though 😲

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That squirrel-proof birdfeeder is magnificent.  If it works then please get it to market!

DezB
    Free Member

Nice that Malvern, really got the skin tones/texture of yer plumbs there.

After Inktober, I got the taste for doing some art again, stopped back in the 80s, which was a bit of a waste. Waiting for some pens to turn up, in the meantime trying out some different shading techniques.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I made bagels.

They look and taste like bagels.

I’ve given up with posting photos.

tjagain

Couple of gallons of sloe gin.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2deDXno]DSC_0702[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

roper
    Free Member

My very old cat, Bruce Lee

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Today I handed a new art portfolio to a potential client and they looked a bit sceptical so I did a cutout and comp in Fauxtoshop. Nothing too astounding to me from a commercial studio / newspaper background, it took under 15 minutes including finding stock images.
    They said their in house guys would have taken an hour or two to do it. So there you go, its not up there with illustration – I can’t do the drawing thing and am most envious – but at least it makes money.

Beautiful Nice Woman With Long Ringlets Hair

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The last ‘proper’ thing I made would have been a radio control glider fit out.
    Double carbon skin and easily good for over 200mph when loaded with ballast.

93c1eba6
    eefc6d24

Ten legs of 100m with a corner at each end in 27.68 seconds.

scc999

Made a cross cut jig for my circular saw. Very pleased with it as it works perfectly.
    I then made a Christmas tree out of old pallet wood. I like it. The girlfriend likes it. Win for me.

I’m not posting any pictures as the standard of the stuff on here is far too high!

Si

AlexSimon

eddiebaby – those gliders look soooo easy to crash and destroy. Is it as hard to fly as it looks?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yes. At that level very much so. At my level less so. Mark you when a bad crash can cost you £2.5k for the airframe and £750 for fit out and maybe £400 for tungsten ballastto replace the brass, then you tend to work your way up to it.
    And you get very good at fixing composites.

jonm81

Not sure this is what my wife meant when she said I could get out of visiting the in-laws for a week if I decorated Daughter Mk1’s bedroom.

When she gets home tomorrow she’ll either be happy or I’ll be in the shit again. 🙂

stumpy01

Very nice jonm81!

DrP

Made my sister’s kids a mud kitchen for their Chrimbo present!!
    mud kitchen
    mud kitchen

Put some pallets and a few hours to good use!

DrP

kayak23

^^^ That’s wicked Dr P.😊👌

ajantom

That is excellent….and having just shown the pic to my 5yr old, I’ll have to get some pallets to make one now 😂

squirrelking
    Free Member

JonM81 fancy coming up here and doing the living room? That’s amazing!

ajantom

Not as good as that Calvin and Hobbes, but my daughter requested pink clouds in her room , so I did this…. (though having seen the above, I might have to add a tree in the corner)

Bedroom

abarthx19
    Free Member

De Havilland DH.88 Comet weathervane from stainless steel.

DH.88 weathervane 1

DH.88 weathervane 2

Welwyn Machine Works – DH.88 Comet Weathervane

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Great to see some paintings making an appearance. Jon dont think you will be in the shit, it’s full of happy winfulness.

And want mud kitchen now.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Painting bike-parts in temperature changing paint!

I can’t seem to add the video on stw so click here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsL_1cGFBoE/

AlexSimon

Nice idea Retrodirect. I bet you’ll see it in direct summer sunlight. Does your hand gripping it do it?

maccruiskeen

Thats a really nice way of representing propellors Arbathx

TheDTs
    Free Member

@retrodirect, how Dow describe that to the police if it gets pinched? Looks ace.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Hand gripping it doesn’t do it, it’s also not been fitted to a bike yet so not had a chance to check outside. Seller of the paint thinks it will change on a warm day. 🙂

stumpy01

Blimey – that’s an interesting paint job on that frame. I’ve not seen a split frame like that before!

My daughter kept whacking her fingers on door frames while riding her balance bike in the house. She also had a couple of close calls outside with lamp posts etc.
    She can ride OK but tends to get distracted, look around & then veer off course.

So – I designed & 3-D printed her some moto-x style hand guards. Probably gone overboard with piccies. The first iteration was just to check for fit & see how best to lay the print out for support removal etc. I only did one of these.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RVQAuU]IMG_20181201_110313[/url] by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

Then she wanted purple, so I got her some translucent purple & made the guards slightly bigger as she was having trouble getting her gloves into the gap. They are now fitted & she’s well pleased – although after buying the purple, her favourite colour changed from purple to orange….I ignored this….
    I’ve got some nice domed nuts that I need to swap the standard nuts for, but I need to dremel the screws to size before I can fit them…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QiyYCr]IMG_20181230_132814[/url] by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23sqr3z]IMG_20181230_203048[/url] by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23sqr3V]IMG_20190101_145815[/url] by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

Murray

The handguards are cool!

flyingmonkeycorps

I made a shoe rack. I should probably take a photo of it at some point, but it’s not even close to comparing to some of the amazingness on here!

disben

Finally started to do some basic wood construction…

Limited by a hand mitre saw (in a frame), hand drill and basic electric sander (couldn’t get in the corners). However well received. Really simple to make utilising LED lights from ebay, printed words, laid out holes and then drilled through (making sure I got the right diameter bits). Poor mitre work meant nothing lined up perfectly but will get myself better (electric) mitre saw for the future.

kayak23

Cool handguards. Looks like Sam Hill’s bike. 🙂

Liking the LED signs too. I bet they love them.

CountZero

The only thing I’ve made recently is a little hedgehog sleeping ‘box’, or rather more like dome. It’s an old plastic planter which the base had broken off, so I cut a door in one side, put some rabbit hay inside and sat it on a piece of shed roofing felt.
    Then waited to see if the hedgehog would take advantage of it; they apparently move around sleeping places, so no guarantee. Anyway, it seems to have rather taken to it, and uses it every day, which is nice. I can tell, because it drags dry leaves back into the entrance every time it goes in.
    Cheap, cheerful and effective. I’ve just thought, while writing this, I ought to put a little ‘Home Sweet Home’ sign on the front…

stumpy01

^^^ that hedgehog house is really cool and great that you have a resident hedgehog!

We had one that i got given as a present, which never attracted any hedgehogs & after not very long my clumsy father in law managed to stand on it while doing some gardening & broke it. I keep meaning to replace it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Knocked up a bar for the summer house. Sum total of 0 quid as all stuff was liberated from work. Old pallets and galv angle just knocking about and a couple of cheeky scaff boards.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 4,401 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.