• This topic has 4,393 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by chives.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 4,394 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

Looks like the last thing Mick made was a well crafted bitchslap

no no no its not like that its just maybe the way i write things, im not good at it and just write the words as they appear in my head

Mick, apologies didn’t mean anything by it. I don’t have time to read every post on here but I have just gone back and read what you have written on the BTR Pinner thread and now it’s all clear. Best of luck.

no need to apologise ….see above

Jamie
    Free Member

no no no its not like that its just maybe the way i write things, im not good at it and just write the words as they appear in my head

Only kidding, Mick. It was fairly obvious what you meant, and I probably shouldn’t have posted it.

Milkie
    Free Member

I can’t claim all of this, but I’m helping a friend make a custom gullwing sump for his 4.2 V8 Capri, as the current one is full of holes.

Before..

Nearly ready for mocking up, deciding where to put sump plug, figuring out how close the steering rack is, etc, etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    billytinkle
    Free Member

Pics of said Capri please!

ebygomm
    Free Member

Cushions for wedding gifts

TheDTs
    Free Member

I didn’t do it all we only did the truck, trailer and ramp graphics.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVBcEg6klJI[/video]

kayak23

Cushions for wedding gifts

Cool. How’d you do them?

Rubbish photo but I made this here screen. Well, I made the whole screen and the knife, fork and spoons panels in the tops. The students on the course I teach on made the veneered panels in the other frames.

The veneered panels are one of the first projects we get them doing on our furniture making course, and they can be changed so each year we’ll stick new ones in.

The screen now lives in the college cafe(hence the cutlery theme) on show to everyone. It looks mint.

stumpy01

^^ It’s blocking the corridor (I hope that’s not a fire exit)…. 🙂

Nice veneer stuff, by the way!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Of significant consequence?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/kdquAE]It's all work work work… #nofilter[/url] by NeilCain, on Flickr

ebygomm
    Free Member

Cool. How’d you do them?

OS contour data (Terrain 50) taken into QGIS, contour lines coloured according to height using a calculated expression, exported as a pdf, tidied up in illustrator, printed onto fabric by Spoonflower and then sewn into a cushion.

You get a point if you can identify the location 🙂

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

‘Peachfield Common and Bredon Hill’ (Acrylic on board) – made for some dear friends as it’s where we met.

lemonysam
    Free Member

You get a point if you can identify the location

Glen Nevis.

Bunnyhop

Malvern Rider – I really, really like that. So much so, it’s something I would buy and hang on the wall.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

So much so, it’s something I would buy and hang on the wall.

Thnks Bunnyhop! Makes me feel better as although friends say they love it you never know with gifts, they might feel obliged to give it wallspace 😉

ebygomm
    Free Member

Glen Nevis.

Close enough 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pVLx3u]Untitled[/url] by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Thing for holding cable ferrules.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

huckersneck
    Free Member

bencooper, did you cannibalise a USE Sub suspension fork to make that parts holder?! I always thought they looked jazzy and a bike show roll around suggested that the anti-dive did actually work. Presumably though they were terribly made and no-one bought them?

timbur
    Free Member

hucker – beautiful forks that did work! Problem with them was the price. Too limited a production run to make them affordable and competitive in the market. I had one and loved it.

bencooper
    Free Member

bencooper, did you cannibalise a USE Sub suspension fork to make that parts holder?! I always thought they looked jazzy and a bike show roll around suggested that the anti-dive did actually work. Presumably though they were terribly made and no-one bought them?

I’ve got a spare 😉

I’ve got a SUB on my MTB – it’s actually really good, the anti-dive works and it’s very stiff and plush. I really like it. It had two major problems – the RRP was £800 and USE didn’t make the air cartridge so when supplies ran out they couldn’t make any more.

huckersneck
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare

That is quite something.

£800 for a fork seems almost par for the course for some these days. The new RockShox inverted fork is £1k+. Maybe the Sub was launched too early? The cost to produce now would inevitably have risen though.

Another air spring could have been sourced I have no doubt. As such I don’t think this was a primary contributor to the cessation of production?

Were/are these forks robust, able to withstand wear in the linkage (what sort of bearing is at each pivot?) and maintain sealing around the shaft for oil/air?

Sorry for the slight thread hijack all!

bencooper
    Free Member

Well I haven’t broken mine yet 😀

It was making an odd clunking sound a couple of years ago, took it to bits and the pushrod had dropped off the end of the air cartridge. Bunged that back on and it’s been fine ever since.

The linkage has nylon top hat bushings not bearings – I can’t detect any slop at all in mine, they’re quite hefty, but would be pennies to swap if they wear. The main slider has a grease nipple on it, very easy to just bung some in there occasionally.

lovewookie

I had a SUB, anti dive was great, fork seemed well made, but the Englund air assist cartridge I didn’t get on with at all. On successive stutter bumps it jacked up like there was too much compression. fettled and fettled, but couldn’t get it right.

shame really as all other times it was really nice.

nach
    Free Member

The Wheelpro book is good. My attempts to even all the spoke tensions not so much, but it is very true… for now 😐

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Malvern Rider – I really, really like that. So much so, it’s something I would buy and hang on the wall

+1

Ridden past the picture’s viewpoint a number of times. Ridden around Bredon Hill a few times too.

Like it!

ebygomm
    Free Member

Getting into the Christmas swing

mickmcd
    Free Member

bencooper
    Free Member

A tandem recumbent tricycle 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q7oyj6]Bernard's Tandem Trike[/url] by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qoDXEv]Bernard's Tandem Trike[/url] by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qoDY2c]Bernard's Tandem Trike[/url] by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

delibury

As Swagelok was mentioned in the Plumbing track world thread and I can’t show you what I’m making Here’s a few Swagelok fittings.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ben – where did you build that…….i cant see that going in and out of your workshop without a fight !

bencooper
    Free Member

It was a bit of a tight fit 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qnhvcH]Bernard's Tandem Trike[/url] by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Construction got easier once I chopped it in half.

samuri
    Free Member

Ooh, that reminds me. I started painting.
    Much, much quicker than drawing with pencil. I don’t know what all the fuss is about. 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pLz82S]Third Ever Oil Painting.[/url] by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

dee2hig
    Free Member

dee2hig
    Free Member

Christmas decoration using an old MTB brake disc 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

These 😀

Stainless singlespeed/fixie chainrings-

32t

35t

and this ally 30-33t bashguard-

thekingisdead
    Free Member

V nice kayla. Are they CO2 lasered!?

kayla1
    Free Member

Probably?

Honestly, I don’t know, sorry. I send my drawings to a local-ish company and they laser cut the steel parts then we finish them. The ally part was made here on the cnc router- I have one on my bike with ‘schralping teh gnar’ (replete with smelling pistake) cut into it 😆

pictonroad

That trike is awesome, how many chains are linked together in total?

bencooper
    Free Member

All in, it’s about 5 chains worth.

househusband
    Free Member

Has been approved (Prior Verified) by the SQA (Scottish Qualification Authority) for the carcass construction unit as part of the National 4/5 Practical Woodwork course.

It is a bit disproportionate; the original model was smaller and more aesthetic but the SQA insisted that the housing joints be made across sections of no less than 100mm – so I just made everything 100mm wide…

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 4,394 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.