• This topic has 4,407 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by kayak23.
Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 4,408 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • samuri
    Free Member

Lets not let this thread die, guys.

I made this. I can’t draw guitars or hands though, evidentally. Everyone loves a bit of Angus.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nE15Wj]Brian and Angus – AC/DC[/url] by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

bencooper
    Free Member

Another Rohloff disc Brompton, but this one is getting a custom integrated rear rack.

Smudger666

i made this a couple of years ago but gave it its spring clean this week – new pump needed. thats £7.42 I wont see again…

kayak23

Just finished making this kitchen table for a friend.

It’s Tiger/Brown Oak and stainless steel rod. The top sections are fairly well matched but I didn’t have the boards to do it completely mirrored. Looks alright mind.

It’s due to have a glass top fitted so it’ll be wider and longer when done.

I likes it 🙂

fasthaggis

Kayak

That is a beautiful thing,well done ,you are a very clever man.

ssbnreso
    Free Member

And going to make another 380 tonight!

qwerty
    Free Member

More shonky tinkering

😀

househusband

New project for our third year ‘Design & Manufacture’ classes next session; local engineering company were generous and gave us stainless steel sheet. Means we can make a fully functioning pizza cutter rather than just a model.

redthunder
    Free Member
    mickmcd
    Free Member

[/url]WP_20140528_003 by mike mcdermid, on Flickr[/img]

cynic-al
    Free Member

😀

samuri
    Free Member

table and lynx are ace!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Another parquet floor for me…they seem to be getting popular again. Kayak, that table is beautiful – I’ve had the pleasure of doing a few brown oak floors years ago, but that table is putting brown/tigger oak to much better use (IMO). How are the joins to the legs done?

ebygomm
    Free Member
    ebygomm
    Free Member

duplicate

kayak23

that table is putting brown/tigger oak to much better use (IMO). How are the joins to the legs done?

Just mitred and biscuit-jointed. Nice and quick, nice and simple… 😀

stumpy01

A much as I love this thread, a bit of me dies when I look at it and think ‘hmmmmm, what have I made……?’ and the answer is generally, ‘nothing’….

Might have to post up some pics of my current bedroom re-decoration that’s ongoing. Although is painting and screwing some skirting to the walls ‘made’??

Good work everyone though! Love Kayak’s oak table and all the machined bits of loveliness, and Samuri’s drawings…etc.

bencooper
    Free Member

Mike, I have no idea what that is but I want one anyway 😉

porter_jamie

mike, what CAM?

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve been very busy indeed so here goes.

New wood store. Needs the roof putting on but apart from that, ready to go.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/nNVGwL]2014-05-31 18.05.29[/url] by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

And Eddy. A quick sketch in charcoal.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/nQLofk]merckx-charcoal[/url] by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Top sheddery Samuri.

samuri
    Free Member

Ta. It’s smaller than anticipated but still big enough for us. Once full it’ll keep us going through winters combined with our other wood store. I messed up with the middle post on the front there, it’s a couple of inches too far forwards but it’ll be fine.

JEngledow
    Free Member

samuri, hurry up and get filling it with wood before the local smokers start using it to shelter from the rain!!

TheBrick
    Free Member

kayak23 – Member
    Just finished making this kitchen table for a friend.

It’s Tiger/Brown Oak and stainless steel rod. The top sections are fairly well matched but I didn’t have the boards to do it completely mirrored. Looks alright mind.

It’s due to have a glass top fitted so it’ll be wider and longer when done.

I likes it

Nice. What did you finish it with?

redthunder
    Free Member

@samuri

Thanks.

It’s a shame sometimes just to shoot the out 🙁

redthunder
    Free Member

and another…

http://black2colour.com/arrows/?p=1183

All for a big shoot on Sat and Sunday 🙂

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

My wife and I have recently installed this paper sculpture in the Saatchi Gallery:

qwerty
    Free Member

I made a scale model out of 3mm ply

later on i’ll have a go at a full size version out of larch which hopefully will look like

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Garden swing for my niece

samuri
    Free Member

samuri, hurry up and get filling it with wood before the local smokers start using it to shelter from the rain!!

😉 I’ve done my best. My friendly tree surgeon is pissing me off though. I’ve been asking him for weeks now to start delivering wood but he’s not done so yet. He says he has loads of wood to bring round, ‘5 big trees’ he says. hmmm. We’ll see.
    Only got this far with wood I sourced elsewhere.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/nxxdtv]Wood store – el completo.[/url] by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Why does Flickr do that?

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Not the last thing, but over May bank holiday, so fairly recently reclaimed the garden from the kids.
    From this sorry eye sore:

to this:

slackalice
    Free Member

There are indeed some very talented and creative people here 8)

One of my latest projects for a friend and his family. They had a rather large Eucalyptus tree in their garden and a couple of years ago, got it felled and we sorted someone to come along with his mobile band-saw to plank it up and we racked the boards, thinking that we could do something with the wood, apart from burn it 🙂

It was decided that I was to make them a bookcase.

When is a bookcase, not a bookcase?

When it’s a door!!

mickmcd
    Free Member

this should explain it Ben

[/url]WP_20140608_005 by mike mcdermid, on Flickr[/img]

Jamie volumill and UG shown here removing steel at 3m a min feed

[video]http://flic.kr/p/nU8ZwK[/video]

yunki
    Free Member

40″ x 40″ acrylic on canvas – sold 🙂

kayak23

Ace swing JohnJohn.. 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

this should explain it Ben

Ah yes, saw your post on the frame building forum too. That’s obsessively good.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Thanks Kayak, I’m quite pleased with how it turned out, especially as the design was in my head!

slackalice
    Free Member

Hey yunki, I like that! 8)

bencooper
    Free Member

Wanted one of those laser handlebar alignment gadgets. Didn’t want to pay £65 for one. So got a £5 laser off of eBay:

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 4,408 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.