Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What is the difference?
  • gauss1777
    Free Member

There are a lot of threads about pets. Now I am not an animal person, if I had to have a pet I’d very reluctantly have a tortoise. There does however appear to be a difference between cat and dog owners, so I was wondering – what is the difference between a cat owner and a dog owner?

scotroutes

There obviously can’t be one as lots of folk have both.

jimdubleyou

The pets of cat owners tend to be felines.

The pets of dog owners tend to be canines.

There is some overlap.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Both would rather save a pet than a human, therefore both are scum.

Joking aside I have both. Would recommend dogs for the love they give and cats for independence.

ajantom

what is the difference between a cat owner and a dog owner?

Simple, it’s all down to poo….

Most dog owners watch their dog poo, but don’t pick it up.
    However, most cat owners don’t watch their cat poo, and don’t pick it up either.

redmex
    Free Member

I couldn’t be arsed having to walk a dog or pick up the jobby and then hang the bag on a tree, put up with the slobbering drooling when your trying to enjoy your tea and your nice green grass burnt yellow where they pee
    I love cats

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’m a mad cat lady who currently has only a pigeon for a pet.

Something has gone quite worng.

binners

Dog owners actually ‘own’ an animal and this appears to give them some weird sense of satisfaction. Even when following it around picking up its shit, then paying the added price for that pleasure by living in houses that stink of wet dog. Which is absolutely disgusting!

Cat owners are essentially owned by ‘their’ mercenary little shits, and are little more than their slaves, but their houses don’t smell like a cesspit, and you share a sense of world-wieriness and contempt for everything and everyone

It’s all about control, disenchantment and aroma. Take your pick.

ajantom

I prefer rats.

frankconway

Cats are the devil’s spawn.

Dogs are good – but mobile shitting machines; always pick up your dogs’ deposits. Get a proper ‘outdoor’ dog; build enclosed dog run and kennel; take dog for long walks; shoot rabbits, cook & feed to dog. Job done.

bencooper
    Free Member

We have chickens. They stay outside, are very entertaining, and provide eggs.

We used to have cats. They were cute, but they did sod-all apart from occasionally make messes in hidden corners.

Cougar

I like animals and am generally a ‘cat person’ (see the username). But I’m finding it difficult to argue with Binners’ summation.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Dogs stink, shit, slobber, and bark. On the plus side they are loyal, affectionate, can be trained and bite burglars.

Cats on the other hand are clean, quiet and shit on your neighbours’ lawns (our neighbour’s cat does anyway 👿 ). But they are selfish and cold.

We have neither. The only animals in our house are my two teenager boys.

perchypanther
    Free Member

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

SaxonRider

That diary thing is brilliant! 😀

eltonerino
    Free Member

Toxoplasmosis

FuzzyWuzzy

Oh and dogs bark, the things that yap are just annoying fashion accessories and their owners should be tarred and feathered (at best).

khani
    Free Member

Shout at a dog owner you’re a bastard and they’ll scream back ‘no you’re a bastard!’
    Shout at a cat owner you’re a bastard and they’ll say ‘yeah…’

jon1973
    Free Member

I couldn’t be arsed having to walk a dog or pick up the jobby and then hang the bag on a tree, put up with the slobbering drooling when your trying to enjoy your tea and your nice green grass burnt yellow where they pee
    I love cats

yes, cats just shit in other people’s gardens, so you don’t need to worry about picking it up 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Sitting in the vets waiting room the difference is quite obvious.

People with dogs tend to be like people who smoke. It’s a social thing, they immediately get on with one another and don’t mind being mauled by an over-excited Alsatian.

People with cats sit quietly with their pet watching anything that moves.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Dog owners are Alpha types, they crave obedience, control and loyalty.

Cat owners are Omega types, they crave affection and attention from something they have to appease to get it.

(Note small rat-dogs, often carried in a bag are Cats in a scale model of a dog’s body).

I don’t really like either as you might have guessed 😉

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Even when following it around picking up its shit, then paying the added price for that pleasure by living in houses that stink of wet dog.

First point, bit hard to argue.

Second point, go for a short hair type breed, they don’t stink. Breeds that don’t dribble everywhere are also available. Lastly, small rat dogs are not proper dogs.

Just saying.

deadkenny
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member 
    yes, cats just shit in other people’s gardens, so you don’t need to worry about picking it up

Plus they bury it to make it not immediately obvious, so neighbours can’t so easily pin the blame on your cat 😀 (unless it’s the only cat in the area).

globalti
    Free Member

Not just houses…. never buy a car that has belonged to a dog owner; it will stink.

RustySpanner

binners – Member
    Dog owners actually ‘own’ an animal and this appears to give them some weird sense of satisfaction entitlement.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What is the difference?’ is closed to new replies.