Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • What IS Julia Bradbury wearing?
  • geoffj

😯

godzilla
    Free Member

Leather boiler suit?
    Probably would.

huws
    Free Member

Amazing!

bruneep

That’s the tricky section is it?

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Don’t know, but you defo can’t park on her. Shame.

Onzadog
    Free Member

And how do I stop?
    You use the left lever.

W.T.F!

I assume the right one is there for hanging you handbag on then.

And people then query why anyone would need coaching.

drlex
    Free Member

Maybe she’s borrowed one of Suzi Perry’s suits? Looks like she was expecting to ride something motorised.

beagle
    Free Member

God knows. Think she may have thought she was off motor biking, not mountain biking.

Veronica was obviously in training for the Rampage.

steffy-boy
    Free Member

And how do I stop?
    You use the left lever.

W.T.F!

Considering 75-80percent of stopping power comes from the front brake, this was an unbelievable comment from an experienced rider.

bigdean

Well that was harmonious, “we have to keep the mountain bikers away from…”. everyone basicly.

mkidley
    Free Member

That was awful.

jim25

Off to film kill bill 3 I think

nick1962
    Free Member

Considering 75-80percent of stopping power comes from the front brake, this was an unbelievable comment from an experienced rider.

To be fair nearly 100% of OTB for beginners come from the front brake panic death grip 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s better to teach people to use the correct lever properly than the wrong lever altogether.

steffy-boy
    Free Member

Aye true.
    Tho she should’ve said “use both levers”
    There are still people out there who think the back brake is more powerful.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes, unfortunately, some of them are coaching other people!!!!

mduncombe
    Free Member

whats even better is to teach people how to feel what the brakes are doing.

Reminds me of the first time I hired a mountain bike in the Alps, went over the bars 3 times before working out what was going on 🙂

CountZero

Never had an OTB even panic breaking with Hope four-pots and a 205mm rotor. Got the back wheel a couple of feet off the ground after my 6″ Nixons fully compressed, mind. Still ran over the terrier that some muppet allowed to run straight in front of me in the near-dark, though!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

What the **** was all that about.! Out of all the things the chase has to offer and they show that FFS.

chewkw
    Free Member

Turtle neck jumper?

markrh
    Free Member

was passing by when they were filming that bit, we could not believe our eyes, but now have come round to the idea that jumpsuits should be mandatory for all women riders…

JEngledow
    Free Member

For those that missed it:

amplebrew

Just out of shot…….

John-Steed by Ample Brew, on Flickr

acehtn
    Free Member

hmmm Mrs Peel 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Jumpsuits is the in fashion now … I need one … 😆

rOcKeTdOg

jumpsuits is the in fashion now … I need one …

martinxyz
    Free Member

‘I’ll say it again,pet. You can’t park your Twingo here’

Bunnyhop

And how do I stop?
    You use the left lever.

W.T.F!

I assume the right one is there for hanging you handbag on then.

And people then query why anyone would need coaching.Was thinking exactly the same.

As a lady mtber myself, couldn’t imagine how uncomfortable that jumpsuit would be for riding a bike in.

chakaping
    Free Member

or maybe…

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I don’t have a TV but can view on iplayer, what was this programme, which channel etc?

Tah

edlong
    Free Member

On the other hand, isn’t one of the criticisms of the accessibility of mountain biking (not wanting to revisit the thread on the subject, oh please god, no) the perception that first, as well as a bike, you need to go out and spend hundreds of £s on the correct attire – refreshing that someone has shown that you can just pull on whatever old kart racing suit you happen to have kicking about in the back of the wardrobe and get out and ride (I didn’t see the programme btw).

Bunnyhop

I don’t have a TV but can view on iplayer, what was this programme, which channel etc?

Tah Countryfile BBC 1 Last night.

willard

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Uma Thurman has a very odd looking neck. Just too long.

maxtorque

willard
    I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Uma Thurman has a very odd looking neck. Just too long.

I wouldn’t hold it against her. Wait a minute, yes i would, if she’d let me…….. 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Deveron53
    Free Member

The worst 10 mins of cycling-based tv footage ever. Simply dreadful! Why did they bother?

kjcc25
    Free Member

This was 10 minutes in a an hour long magazine programme, what did you expect?
    It was never going to be or meant to be an in depth study of mountain biking on the Chase. Oh and if a television presenter was riding with me and stupidly asked how do I stop I would also tell her to pull the left leaver. I mean would you want to see Julia go over the handle bars?

Kryton57

I mean would you want to see Julia bend over the handle bars?

🙂

Dales_rider
    Free Member

kjcc25 – Member
    I mean would you want to get Julia bent over the handle bars?

Suppose I would 🙂

spacemonkey

How far into the episode is this piece? Yesterday I scanned forward at 3 min intervals and saw no bikey stuff other than her pootling along at the beginning.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘What IS Julia Bradbury wearing?’ is closed to new replies.