Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What is it with folk.
  • stevewhyte
    Free Member

Mabie forest, 4 guys pile out a new BMW bikes off the back. Out they go for a ride and not one of them can be arse paying for the parking, money that all goes back into the trails.

Luckily they were English, so when we get independance we can hold them at the border and take their car and bikes of them and make the walk home.

Come on guys, use the trails, at least pay something towards them.

doubledunter
    Free Member

or maybe they forgot, maybe no change and may pay for it after the coffee and cake when they do have change, Ive did that before, 3 weeks ago the machine was out of order in the top carpark and I couldnt be arsed walking down to the bottom machine,paid up later though….. saying that maybe they just didnt want to pay after all 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

when we get independance we can hold them at the border and take their car and bikes of them and make the walk home.

What makes you think we’ll come? Hopefully it’ll probably just make Wales more popular…..

stevewhyte
    Free Member

No, they were just ignorant, it happens all the time. Chat to the guys from the FC. Its a shame.

I agree they could do with the card machines like they have up at Glentress, then no excuses really.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Its a shame for you that the referendum is actually not for independance then, unless they’ve changed the dictionary definition 😉 I’d gladly hand over some Euro’s when visitng a truly independant Scotland the day true independance comes – well as independant as you can be as part of the Euro zone.

Agree on your point on not contributing to the trails though.

coatesy
    Free Member

Saw somebody do it at Cwmcarn a couple of Sundays back,and it’s only £1 for 2hrs, more than enough time for a lap and a cuppa afterwards.

Trekster

The biggest offenders at Mabie are actually the walkers and families who use the play park!

As for wee Eck and his cronies you are welcome to him, he’s just a con man.

My wee grandson who is only 7 and lives just over the border is becoming quite concerned that we and his mum will not like him any more if wee Eck does manage to pull it off 🙄 He has also banned his mum from shopping at Primark since the collapse of the clothing factory ❗

trail_rat
    Free Member

Locally i only pay at loch muick carpark as tey have toilets and facilities

They put up signs and machines informing of charges at kirkhill and scolty, would be fine if they actually provided something , trails ridden are all built by locals and the carparks a disaster at the best of times often no spaces so i just chuck the jeep in the bushes if ive driven up to meet folks.

Mostly i just avoid them.

br
    Free Member

I ride a lot at GT/Innerleithen and folk often park and ‘forget’ – it’s rare that they don’t pay after a loud ‘comment’ 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

Its a shame for you that the referendum is actually not for independance then, unless they’ve changed the dictionary definition I’d gladly hand over some Euro’s when visitng a truly independant Scotland the day true independance comes – well as independant as you can be as part of the Euro zone.

“Should Scotland be an independent country? Yes/No” Seems to be a referendum on independence….

oldnpastit

“Should Scotland be an independent country? Yes/No” Seems to be a referendum on independence….

Nope, it’s a big con I’m afraid. It’s just a referendum on whether to be ruled from London or Brussels.

The rest of the UK probably *will* get a referendum on independence if UKIP/Conservatives get their way, but I guess Scotland will just have to settle for continued serfdom….

EDIT: oh, and I always pay for parking; it seems like an easy way to help maintain the trails.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What a load of pish.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

BMWs
    English People
    The Euro
    Scottish Independence
    UKIP

What has all this got to do with someone not paying for parking?!?!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Come independence we will come take your land, your women, vehicles and trails off you…AGAIN. 😉

*thought you had a good point til you went all ‘silly jock’ on us. 🙄

timc
    Free Member

HoratioHufnagel – Member

BMWs
    English People
    The Euro
    Scottish Independence
    UKIP

What has all this got to do with someone not paying for parking?!?!

I think they vaguely connect the OP & co with the term Douche Bags 😉

Anyway did we stick around to see if they paid when they got back? did they have a season / year pass? had they already paid earlier in day? bla bla bla 😈

If Scotland get’s independence, does that mean we get Corby back?

gordimhor

Yes if you take all the BMW drivers too 🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Tick the No box. I like Moriarty.

That’s the summary of my opinion on this thread.

djglover
    Free Member

I am english and drive a BMW

Believe me, I would park on your grans drive if it meant I didn’t have to pay to park

rOcKeTdOg

I paid for the car park. There was no shop, no cafe (it although both are boasted about on the website) & more importantly no toilets, fine for the guys but not the female riders. Trail was fun though

breadcrumb

Isn’t Mabie only £3 for all day? Whinlatter’s £1.60 per hour, which is a bit steep IMO.

vorlich
    Free Member

*thought you had a good point til you went all ‘silly jock’ on us.

Steady on Nigel.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What is it with folk.’ is closed to new replies.