Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • What is it with Australia?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep Zokes, the missus had her first job up in Lithgow and she is heading up Newcastle way next weekend. Was a worry that the danger was this high this soon.

wrecker
    Free Member

I love Canada, well BC to be specific; I haven’t seen anywhere else. The Canadians were the nicest and friendly people I’ve met (and I’ve been around a bit)

I think it is the perception that less people move there from the UK

The reason is that it’s difficult emigrate to Canada compared to Australia. The Canadians and Australians have a reciprocal agreement making emigration quite easy between the two, we have no such thing with Canada. So we have less Canadians here, and therefore there news is less relevant.

I was trying to think of a Canadian who causes offence and couldn’t.

Nickleback.

zokes
    Free Member

I was trying to think of a Canadian who causes offence and couldn’t.

Celine Deon

Alanis ‘Ironic’ Morrissette

Quite easy, really…

trevron73
    Free Member

2nd class Americans ? i got thrown out of canada for that comment at the Canadian GP after the local rag printed a story about the poor facilities in Montreal?

trevron73
    Free Member

Lovely place though – and great biking .

walleater

You could just cover both bases and go to Whistler.

…or not.

Stoner
    Free Member

Canadians. Bloody terrifying if you ask me.

Australians, only a little less terrifying.

ratherbeintobago

Bananas in Pyjamas must be some sort of crime against humanity.

Only thing worse is that **** dancing rat cartoon.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve shared offices with loads of Australians, in some places they were the dominant species even. I’ve met loads more in general dealings, and even have a load of family over there.

In contrast, I’ve only ever worked with one Canadian, and he’s possibly the only one I’ve met.

I think that’s why Australia features more. Way more of them over here, way more of us over there.

I’d love to go to Canada, we’d have popped over from Wisconsin for a visit but there’s a sodding Great Lake in the way, and even then it’s pretty deserted on the other side. I’d love to drive as far North as I can and spend some time in one of thos really remote places 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘What is it with Australia?’ is closed to new replies.