Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • What is in your kids packed lunch?
  • franksinatra

I’m looking for inspiration to make my kids school packed lunch more interesting.

Needs to be quick to put together and not too expensive and suitable to suit my kids impossible to judge tastes!

midlifecrashes

Child A: Ciabbata, lettuce, ham , tomato, mayo. Nutrigrain bar, a pear, bag of crisps. Carton OJ.
    Child B: Sausage roll, cheese sandwich on white bread, crisps, Harvest Chewee bar. Carton OJ.
    Child C: Two slices of warburton’s toastie with two slices of chorizo, no butter. Harvest Chewee bar. Carton OJ.

All their own choice, and they rarely vary more than the choice of sandwich filling. All healthy and doing well, despite massive difference in nutrition. Oh, they make their own from the age of 10 upwards in our house, so I just have to keep the fridge and cupboard supplied. Have you asked them if they want it more interesting? My son just wants something predictable he can neck in two minutes to head for the playground.

binners

thestabiliser
    Free Member

20 rothmans

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

My son just wants something predictable he can neck in two minutes to head for the playground.

Mine’s the same. He only wants half a sandwich. Gets upset if he has a full sandwich (ie two slices of bread). And if I cut it in two he refuses to eat it…have tried pasta, wraps, salad, houmous etc. It all came back uneaten even though he’ll happily eat all that at home.

Apart from that he has some fruit generally grapes and satsuma (unpeeled), a cereal bar and a yoghurt and some raisins. Sometimes a bit of home-made cake as a treat if he’s eaten his lunch from the previous day.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Jam sandwich, banana, flask of squash. Any more than that doesn’t get eaten, I think for the reason above!

jon1973
    Free Member

That McDonalds Happy Meal box has pictures of healthy children participating in various sporting activities. It must be good for them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sandwich or pasta salad or cous cous
    Crisps or dried fruit
    Cake or flapjack
    Fruit

dknwhy

Ham and cucumber wrap, cheese string, frube, banana, small choccy biscuit.

DezB
    Free Member

Crisps or dried fruit

Ooh, I wonder which one junior prefers..!?

My kid has a wrap, piece or pot of fruit, yogurt, small cake, drink.
    Lunch box comes back daily smeared with uneaten yogurt with bits of fruit stuck in it.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Bread product – current favourite is Turkey and Pesto Mayo
    Fruit or veg – usually peppers or carrots
    Chocolate/Sweetie
    and one always insists on nuts… she sat and ate 150g of almonds on the train the other day!

Euro
    Free Member

Generally a sandwich*, some fruit, a yoghurt and a treat (biccie, cake or crisps) washed down with diluted orange + pineapple juice.

* My eldest will eat anything, my youngest has always been a very fussy eater and will only eat jam or corned beef and brown sauce – sans crust.

igm

Parma ham on wholemeal, apple, smoothie, mini-cheddars.

geoffj

Mrs J’s home made bread with home made hummus (extra virgin olive oil)
    Carrot sticks, apple & water bottle.
    Small box of raisins as a treat sometimes.

djglover
    Free Member

A quid for chips and scraps

warton
    Free Member

I give my 3 year old 20 quid a day, and tell him to tell the nursery teacher to go out and buy him lunch.

binners

How’s he enjoying his daily Happy Meal?

Vern0n
    Free Member

Cheese wrap, carrot / celery sticks, fig roll, squeezy yoghurt, dried apricots / raisins, apple, flask o squash.

No Ritz crackers tho :0(

surfer
    Free Member

I love these opportunities for sanctimony.

Edric64
    Free Member

Years ago now but mine had marmite sarnies every day at primary school for 6 years anything else got left

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ooh, I wonder which one junior prefers..

vegan kids make some crazy choices

Asked for fennel salad last week for his treat tea 8)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

vegan kids make some crazy choices

What, like choosing to be a vegan? 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

of course not I chose that just like the meat eaters chose for their kids. they are old enough to chose to continue with my indoctrination or rebel against it

McHamish
    Free Member

You need to take inspiration from the lunch box some Japanese kids get….here’s one;

myti
    Free Member

I don’t have kids but I’m reading this to get inspiration for my lunch box. Currently I have a banana, nutrigrain bar, probioctic drink, wholemeal bagel with veggi burger, salad and humous, walkers baked crisps and a small choc biscuit. Do like the idea of sushi though!

binners

*phones social services*

geoffj

surfer – Member
    I love these opportunities for sanctimony.
    – See more at: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-is-in-your-kids-packed-lunch#sthash.lTGCpexN.dpuf

8)

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Half a litre of Gin and ten Benson.

sbob
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

of course not I chose that just like the meat eaters chose for their kids. they are old enough to chose to continue with my indoctrination or rebel against it

Serious question: is breast milk vegan? 😳

eskay

My boys like an avocado cut in half with the stone removed (and pack a teaspoon to scoop out the flesh).

On a Sunday I normally cook a batch of these as a treat for all of our lunches:

Chicken breast strips/drumsticks

7 finely chopped garlic cloves
    Juice from 2 limes
    Juice from 1 orange
    Chilli powder (we like hot powder)
    Chilli flakes
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 Tsp sugar
    1/4 Tsp all spice
    Pinch ground cinnamon
    Pinch ground cumin
    Pinch of dried oregano

Mix together and marinade chicken for 3 hours or overnight and then grill until cooked.

Stick one in the lunch box!

Junkyard
    Free Member

You offering me some?
    Technically if you drank milk I guess you are not a vegan but I assume most consider this cruelty free as the milk is going to the intended recipient.

i did once know a couple of vegans who had a placenta party – i declined the invite- and they insisted this was vegan as well as it was death and cruelty free.

brakes
    Free Member

half a pound of rump steak and a trangia

richpips
    Free Member

I haven’t a clue what they take, they make their own.

johndoh
    Free Member

Changes but anything from bread & jam to bagel with tuna or a flask of beans and some mini sausages. On a Monday they normally get left over Sunday lunch (Yorkshire puds, cold roast potatoes etc). Then have mixed fruits, cheese, yogurt, juice etc. wish they’d have school dinners really.

binners

Cocaine and fags are a great appetite surpresent. They don’t need lunch

shifter
    Free Member

School dinners for mine. Has sandwich/toast tea when she comes home and her parents have a proper dinner later.
    Keeps the dinner ladies employed dunnit?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cocaine and fags

Lovely names you chose for them Binnners

Greggs is their middle name I assume?

jambourgie
    Free Member

One of these each and a smack round the head.

*no kids

drummer
    Free Member

This morning
    Tuna Mayo in a wrap
    Cheesestring
    Crisps
    Tunnock bar
    Yoghurt
    Grapes
    ( She’s a little piggy ? )

franksinatra

That chicken is truly stomach churning. Is that real?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What is in your kids packed lunch?’ is closed to new replies.